It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Parity
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
1st Round playoff series have been great. Very competitive. Even the 4-1 series have been exciting. A lot of close games where deciding factor has come down to 1-2 possessions. Outside of the Nets there hasn't been one squad that has laid down.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Post subject: Re: NBA Parity
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:49 am 

I've watched and enjoyed more NBA and NHL playoffs than I have in a long while.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I'm pretty pissed about the Kings. I'm not surprised, but still pissed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:08 am 

Milwaukee was preordained, right up until they weren't. The coach has to go back on the hot seat, right? Injuries can't be an excuse here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:32 am 

It’s been pretty great, both NHL and NBA. My Sixers are getting impatient though. Or at least I am.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Giannis is a bit overrated. His game is traveling and bully ball. And he's got the fatal flaw of free throws. Maybe overrated is the wrong word. He's not aesthetically pleasing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:27 am 

W_Z wrote:
It’s been pretty great, both NHL and NBA. My Sixers are getting impatient though. Or at least I am.

I figured that you'd want Atl-Boston to go 7 so that Embiid could get healthy?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:32 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Milwaukee was preordained, right up until they weren't. The coach has to go back on the hot seat, right? Injuries can't be an excuse here.

i would fire him immediately. i don't know if anyone notices, but the guy is a drunk. he not only looks like it, he coaches like it. the players like him because he's one of them, but i would have to imagine they see the writing on the wall now. those momentary lapses of reason cost your entire organization a title.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:34 am 

Nardi wrote:
Giannis is a bit overrated. His game is traveling and bully ball. And he's got the fatal flaw of free throws. Maybe overrated is the wrong word. He's not aesthetically pleasing.

eh... yes his game is travel and bully... but those last two games were not giannias at all. he was playing stiff as a board. they should have let off the gas at the end of the season and not worried about the #1 seed. but this is the first time his body finally told him no, so im assuming he will learn from this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Having different teams reach the finals or conference finals (ALCS, NLCS, & World series, AFC/NFC Title games & Super Bowl, Stanley Cup semifinal, etc) is much different than, "hey you lost in the first round in 5 games, but you didn't get blown out!"

The NBA might be the only major sport where you know before the season even starts that there are only 4 or 5 possible teams that will be playing in the NBA Finals.

You can have competitive first/second round games, but the high seeded team is going to win those early best of seven basketball series like 95% of the time. That is not the case for the other major sports.

NBA and NHL playoffs take far too long to complete. 7-8+ weeks of playoff games is asinine.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:39 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I do want him healthy but I don’t want rust to set in either. They’ve had a bad case of the secondsies.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:41 am 

W_Z wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I do want him healthy but I don’t want rust to set in either. They’ve had a bad case of the secondsies.

This might be their best (and last) chance to get it done. Everything is aligned for them if they can get past Boston. I think they are better than Boston this year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
good dolphin wrote:
I've watched and enjoyed more NBA and NHL playoffs than I have in a long while.

Same here except for the NHL part.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nardi wrote:
I'm pretty pissed about the Kings. I'm not surprised, but still pissed.

yea. very disappointing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
IkeSouth wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

i would fire him immediately. i don't know if anyone notices, but the guy is a drunk. he not only looks like it, he coaches like it. the players like him because he's one of them, but i would have to imagine they see the writing on the wall now. those momentary lapses of reason cost your entire organization a title.

I think Coach Bud just finished the 1st year of a 3 year extension..so unless small-mkt MKE is gonna eat $16 million in salary...they're stuck with Budenholzer through 24-25 season.

The chatter on the podcasts is that the Bucks have to move on, so who knows. Maybe if the drinking thing is true with Coach Bud, they can play some hardball/dirty-pool with Budenholzer and tell him to take a discounted buyout or they go public with the drinking. I dunno. Also possible they could trade Budenholzer to the Pistons? Imagine Bud lands with the Pistons and they get the 1st overall and Wembanyama...first the Greek Freak and then the French version.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Having different teams reach the finals or conference finals (ALCS, NLCS, & World series, AFC/NFC Title games & Super Bowl, Stanley Cup semifinal, etc) is much different than, "hey you lost in the first round in 5 games, but you didn't get blown out!"

The NBA might be the only major sport where you know before the season even starts that there are only 4 or 5 possible teams that will be playing in the NBA Finals.

You can have competitive first/second round games, but the high seeded team is going to win those early best of seven basketball series like 95% of the time. That is not the case for the other major sports.

NBA and NHL playoffs take far too long to complete. 7-8+ weeks of playoff games is asinine.

I know you hate the NBA to an almost pathological level, but this is absolutely the wrong year to be saying this :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:52 pm 

Yea even last year it wasn't obvious

This year's first round has been the best the league has ever seen imo. At least from a parity standpoint. So many good players on both sides, all playing like there's a gun to their head. It's awesome. They're actually so worried about winning they haven't been flopping!