It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jahmyr Gibbs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
Feeling like many Detroit Lions fans, Gibbs admitted to being "shocked" when he received the call that he was being selected 12th overall by Detroit as the second running back taken in the first round. "Yeah, I thought like in the 20s because that's where it is usually for running backs," Gibbs said.

:lol:

When the draft pick has more GM savvy than the guy making picks

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post subject: Re: Jahmyr Gibbs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
They can't trust swift to stay healthy, dangerous backfield. I'd be surprised if Detroit doesn't win 11 games and scores 30 a game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:12 am 

pizza_Place: John's
eaglo wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Lions had picks 6 and 18 in a class loaded at Edge and CB, and very good at OT. They came away with a 3rd down back and off ball LB.

Detroit is hilarious man. I love that you all think they are some future juggernaut.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:16 am 

FavreFan wrote:
The Lions had picks 6 and 18 in a class loaded at Edge and CB, and very good at OT. They came away with a 3rd down back and off ball LB.

Detroit is hilarious man. I love that you all think they are some future juggernaut.

Yeah I dont get their draft at all. There was a graphic going around twitter showing that there was like a 99% chance that both of their picks would have been available way later in the draft.

They could have hit a grand slam this year and seems they are settling for a bunt sacrifice.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Yeah, I don't have any faith in the Lions to do anything other than fuck up. They might post double-digit wins but only because they're in a division with Capt Kirk, Jordan Loveless and RB1 Justin Fields

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I trust Dorsey more than Twitter experts.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:20 am 

Nas wrote:

I trust a team that hasnt been good for 60 years to continue not being good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

I trust a team that hasnt been good for 60 years to continue not being good.
:lol: :lol: poor CHUSE!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
312player wrote:
They can't trust swift to stay healthy, dangerous backfield. I'd be surprised if Detroit doesn't win 11 games and scores 30 a game.

The problem is they give up 35 a game, and when they had a chance to address that they opted to show off their geniusness by overdrafting at positions that could easily be filled in later rounds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

The Lions have drafted better than every team in the division since Dorsey arrived. They got 5th year options on 2 guys who are arguably the best at their position. I don't see anything wrong with what they did. They'll probably trade Swift now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I don't think they like Swift. I remember in Hard Knocks they kept getting on him about finishing the play instead of going out of bounds. Maybe they think he's soft. Either way, the Lions will win the North.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:01 am 

Nas wrote:
The Lions have drafted better than every team in the division since Dorsey arrived. They got 5th year options on 2 guys who are arguably the best at their position. I don't see anything wrong with what they did. They'll probably trade Swift now.

I just don't see that. I know Dorsey is the guy and all. They have some real needs still and RB and off the ball LB do not really help with those. They had a chance to really solidify their team and they took guys that pretty much no one had going that high. Sure they could have struck gold and we will see that in the next few years, but it sure has the appearance of a swing and miss.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Lions gotta Lion... :lol:
In fairness, I don't think they drafted bad players, but clearly they were both stretches.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:58 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

The problem is they give up 35 a game, and when they had a chance to address that they opted to show off their geniusness by overdrafting at positions that could easily be filled in later rounds.

I love my Packer friends when they criticize teams for failing to use early-round picks optimally. What you're criticizing the Lions for is what is known as "pulling a Gutekunst."

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:59 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

I love my Packer friends when they criticize teams for failing to use early-round picks optimally. What you're criticizing the Lions for is what is known as "pulling a Gutekunst."

It's funny how wrong you are, consistently.

The Packers took the most valuable position in sports with their 1st round pick that you constantly criticize. The Lions took two of the least valuable positions in sports.

You couldn't be more confused if you tried my man.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

The Packers took the most valuable position in sports with their 1st round pick that you constantly criticize. The Lions took two of the least valuable positions in sports.

You're missing the larger point just like you did in the other thread. You tossed away SB appearances in 2020-2022 just so you could have a starting QB in 2023. Congrats on the investment.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:04 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

You're missing the larger point just like you did in the other thread. You tossed away SB appearances in 2020-2022 just so you could have a starting QB in 2023. Congrats on the investment.

I also think it is fair to blame Gutekunst for forcing Rodgers to spend his summers doing drugs to cope with the draft pick of a quarterback.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

I also think it is fair to blame Gutekunst for forcing Rodgers to spend his summers doing drugs to cope with the draft pick of a quarterback.

Yep! There is no evidence that Rodgers spent his summers pulling an Odom before Gute's incompetence.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:19 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

You have no idea if that's true or not. It just makes you feel good to say. I'll continue to be happy that my team prioritizes the most important position in sports while your team treats it as an afterthought.

But yeah, it was you missing the point in this thread, not I. The Love pick isn't comparable to what Detroit did last night, it is quite literally the opposite.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yeah, this draft isn't about getting a HoF quarterback the final piece he needs while the championship window is open for Detroit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:24 pm 

I do enjoy Packers fans being baited into "The thing that started a chain reaction of Aaron Rodgers leaving and one win since the draft pick" was a good move.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:42 pm 

Brick wrote:
I do enjoy Packers fans being baited into "The thing that started a chain reaction of Aaron Rodgers leaving and one win since the draft pick" was a good move.

Likewise, I do enjoy that my team has had good QB play for my entire life and prioritizes it. I am certain you wish the Bears had a similar track record.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Likewise, I do enjoy that my team has had good QB play for my entire life and prioritizes it. I am certain you wish the Bears had a similar track record.

You weren't born in 1992.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:50 pm 

Brick wrote:

Now our guy is trying to reframe the discussion as a Pack QB vs Bears QB thing, as if any sane person would argue the Bears have the better track record. He's building that strawman to deflect attention away from his boy sacrificing the championship window for a chance to draft a QB who spent three years on the sidelines while the playoff-ready team on the field spent those same three years suffering from a lack of help.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

I can laugh at a billionaire even when I'm not currently a billionaire.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

You weren't born in 1992.

I don't care about what their QB play looked like when I was 5 years old. 1992 is about as far back as my memory on sports goes.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:06 am 

If he's a great player, no one will remember where he was drafted. People act like he is a scat back but at 200 pounds, that's an OK size for a person to run the ball regularly. There is some coherence to the move with trading Swift (although I think they really underutilized him). Montgomery will be the early down back, with Gibbs on the field in some form. He can take the bulk of the carries with Gibbs coming in every 2-3 series (while being on the field in other roles).

I've accepted the modern position of not drafting RB early and not signing them to second contracts. If you don't expect to sign a guy you drafted in the first round to a second contract at the time the pick is made, that is poor drafting.

I do think the Lions have a huge hole at WR. Gibbs will be used in that capacity in some formations.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
blackhawksfan wrote:
Either way, the Lions will win the North.

Wow.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Darkside wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Either way, the Lions will win the North.

Wow.

I'd say they are the favorites