It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: self checkout lanes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: What??
IkeSouth wrote:
I believe in due time, Walmarts will close their doors and deliver/ship everything. Essentially becoming a blue Amazon.

I'm thinking Walmart pickup outlets. Basically a warehouse with drive up lanes. Isn't Sams Club sorta like that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:26 pm 

they already have a robust pickup program. its quite the show really... theyre doing a lot more work behind the scenes than they ever used to when it was just a bunch of checkout girls.

but yeah i could see them convert their buildings to warehouses, and you just drive in and choose what you want from your phone or a tablet. just like fast food, it comes to your car within minutes. there will be no more walking through a store because 1) people have a hard time walking and 2) people hate interacting with people

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
IkeSouth wrote:
they already have a robust pickup program. its quite the show really... theyre doing a lot more work behind the scenes than they ever used to when it was just a bunch of checkout girls.

but yeah i could see them convert their buildings to warehouses, and you just drive in and choose what you want from your phone or a tablet. just like fast food, it comes to your car within minutes. there will be no more walking through a store because 1) people have a hard time walking and 2) people hate interacting with people

I used the pickup service a ton when my father was alive, the nearest Walmart was 10 minutes away and I could stock him up for two weeks easily for a pickup. These days I use it about once a month for myself for name brand stuff I either can't get at Costco or don't use enough of to buy in bulk.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
blackhawksfan wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
I believe in due time, Walmarts will close their doors and deliver/ship everything. Essentially becoming a blue Amazon.

I wonder if they'll have their own delivery vans

They already do. We use the service weekly.