It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jordan Love
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
if 64.2%/4,159yds/32TD/11INT is the new standard of "average", I'd sure take some of that.

Well, we both root for teams with below average quarterbacks though.

Just do the list of quarterbacks as good or better than him. You can get to 14 pretty easily and then you get to a few other questionable ones. We did it last week.

His total td production was good to near great this year. Everything else is mostly a function of him playing 17 games.

let me see this list of 14 quarterbacks.

Obviously better:
Tua
Goff
Prescott
Allen
Purdy
Mahomes
Stroud
Lamar
Cousins
Burrow

So that's 10 right there.

I'll put Herbert in his own category as I think he is definitely better but Herbert also had a subpar year.

So that is 11.

I don't take Love over any of those quarterbacks.

So you then have this group of players that you can rank in a lot of different ways.
Hurts(He had a down year too but he was an all-pro the year before)
Mayfield
Wilson
Flacco(small sample size but he's been playing at an MVP level since he got off the couch and returned).

So maybe Love is 12. Maybe Love is 16.

You think Tua is obviously better than Jordan Love?

You must not have watched any football this year Rick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:26 pm 

That list is hilarious. Love is unquestionably better than Tua, Goff, Cousins, and Purdy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
He had his ups and downs, but he finished strong. Id say he is hovering around QB10 right now, and he and the team are looking really promising. We will see what he does in the playoffs, that's really where the rubber meets the road. I know there aren't 14 QB's id rather have than him at this point.

I like how you went from "brick be brick'n" to "He's not 14th but probably more like 10-12th". :lol:

But you are brick'n. It's an objective fact. You've taken 17 games of the youngest football team that's made the playoffs and Bricked all over it.

I wouldn't want to accept this Packers talking point about "youngest team" so uncritically. Factually they may still be the "youngest team" by average of a few months or days but I think 50% of the leagues top ten youngest teams made the playoffs anyway, and it would have been 60% had the Jaguars not lost Lawrence to injury. As for the oldest teams, only 40% or so of the top ten oldest made the playoffs. So the fact that the Packers made it as one of the youngest seems rather unremarkable when viewed against what's happening around the league. It's still quite disappointing that a team led by a four year veteran in love under the tutelage of an experienced coaching staff was only able to back into the playoffs once a better team's QB went down. CJ Stroud meanwhile, a rookie, coasted into the playoffs with no sweat. Love should take notes.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl ... 3-edition/

All opinions on Love are fine, other than there's a vast body of evidence. There certainly isn't. It's basically an eye test at this moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’ll disavow my earlier claim that this guy sucks. He’s clearly no worse than average and light years ahead of generational talent, Justin Fields.

Average and about to be very highly paid. It's the worst combination in football. It puts you into the NFL blob eternally.

Top 10 by any reasonable criteria, top 5 in a lot of categories. Just like I said.

He earned the bag. He is an elite quarterback.
What categories is he top 5 in? Total tds he is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
if 64.2%/4,159yds/32TD/11INT is the new standard of "average", I'd sure take some of that.

Just do the list of quarterbacks as good or better than him. You can get to 14 pretty easily and then you get to a few other questionable ones. We did it last week.

His total td production was good to near great this year. Everything else is mostly a function of him playing 17 games.

Obviously better:
Tua
Goff
Prescott
Allen
Purdy
Mahomes
Stroud
Lamar
Cousins
Burrow

I'll put Herbert in his own category as I think he is definitely better but Herbert also had a subpar year.

So that is 11.

So you then have this group of players that you can rank in a lot of different ways.
Mayfield
Wilson
Flacco(small sample size but he's been playing at an MVP level since he got off the couch and returned).

You think Tua is obviously better than Jordan Love?

You must not have watched any football this year Rick.

And there it is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:32 pm 

Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
I’ll disavow my earlier claim that this guy sucks. He’s clearly no worse than average and light years ahead of generational talent, Justin Fields.

Average and about to be very highly paid. It's the worst combination in football. It puts you into the NFL blob eternally.

Top 10 by any reasonable criteria, top 5 in a lot of categories. Just like I said.

EPA/Play,

He's top 2 in TDs, I wouldnt just say top 5. Let's be accurate.

We can lock in a Tua vs Love bet next year right now if you want. Say $100 a piece on QBR, QB Rating, Y/A, TDs, and W-L record. Or if you prefer different stats to look at that's fine.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Obviously better:
Tua
Goff
Prescott
Allen
Purdy
Mahomes
Stroud
Lamar
Cousins
Burrow

So that is 11.

Mayfield
Wilson

Love has been better this year than:

Allen
Tua
Stroud

And any sane coach would take him over Goff as well. And Cousins too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
That list is hilarious. Love is unquestionably better than Tua, Goff, Cousins, and Purdy.

What is hilarious is thinking Love is better than the guy who is likely to finish 3rd in MVP voting.

Goff is the only one that they probably should be equals but the Lions have outperformed the Packers by enough and the stats are close enough that I give Goff the edge.

Now this is where you tell me that Jordan Love has been throwing to toddlers all season because his teams average age is .8 less than the middle of the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:36 pm 

Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What is hilarious is thinking Love is better than the guy who is likely to finish 3rd in MVP voting.

Goff is the only one that they probably should be equals but the Lions have outperformed the Packers by enough and the stats are close enough that I give Goff the edge.

Now this is where you tell me that Jordan Love has been throwing to toddlers all season because his teams average age is .8 less than the middle of the NFL.

I think we found our bet for next season. Love vs Tua.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:38 pm 

Love vs Goff works too. Purdy plays with the avengers, Im sure his stats will be awesome next year. That Baltimore game showed who he is though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:40 pm 

FF. while you are here for you couple of victory laps in the Love fan club, can you at least stop by the Bulls section and throw in a few jabs at LTG or give us some thoughts on what the Bulls do at the trade deadline this year?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:42 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FF. while you are here for you couple of victory laps in the Love fan club, can you at least stop by the Bulls section and throw in a few jabs at LTG or give us some thoughts on what the Bulls do at the trade deadline this year?

Bulls will be in NBA hell until Jerry Reinsdorf dies. That day cannot come soon enough and I will celebrate when it happens, but I don't know that there's much hope for anything before then. The Coby breakout is nice though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

EPA/Play,

We can lock in a Tua vs Love bet next year right now if you want. Say $100 a piece on QBR, QB Rating, Y/A, TDs, and W-L record. Or if you prefer different stats to look at that's fine.

So 2 categories he is top 5 in.

In EPA/play he is slightly ahead of the amazing Jake Browning entering week 18.

No thanks on Tua. I get you don't want to do the Love over/under for next year but don't try and shift it so you can cherry pick someone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Love vs Goff works too. Purdy plays with the avengers, Im sure his stats will be awesome next year. That Baltimore game showed who he is though.

No, we will stick with you setting the over/unders on Love and we can see how confident you are in him for next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

EPA/Play,

Int?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:45 pm 

Brick wrote:

No thanks on Tua. I get you don't want to do the Love over/under for next year but don't try and shift it so you can cherry pick someone.

You said Tua and Goff are obviously better than Love but you wont bet on them being better next year? Nice conviction :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

You said Tua and Goff are obviously better than Love but you wont bet on them being better next year? Nice conviction :lol:

They've been better this year. I'm not saying whether or not they will be better for the rest of time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

i'd bet Tua is . are you serious ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:58 pm 

Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

They've been better this year. I'm not saying whether or not they will be better for the rest of time.

Don't backpedal now you giant pussy. You've been screaming for GB to pay the man for your own future entertainment of Love being average.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:00 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

i'd bet Tua is . are you serious ?

Yeah I am serious. What's the wager? Below is what I offered to Rick, open to any changes you want.

Say $100 a piece on QBR, QB Rating, Y/A, TDs, and W-L record. Or if you prefer different stats to look at that's fine.

To rock my soul

Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Don't backpedal now you giant pussy. You've been screaming for GB to pay the man for your own future entertainment of Love being average.

I'm not backpedaling. Me and FF already have a deal setup for an offseason bet.

He is trying to bait me into a different one because he doesn't want to do the original one.

Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yup. The weakest of shit from Rick here, you hate to see it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:01 pm 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

I'm not backpedaling. Me and FF already have a deal setup for an offseason bet.

He is trying to bait me into a different one because he doesn't want to do the original one.

Let's do both bets. I am just trying to get you to put something of substance behind your words. Bagels manned up for you though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels manned up for you though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:05 pm 

Goff has been better this year. It wouldn't shock me if he returned back to average next year though. That's why I won't make that bet.

Tua will probably outperform Love next year. I need to see what happens for the rest of this season.

It's just easier though for you to set the over/unders on Love and then I can choose which sides I am taking.

but yea i'll take Tua, what are the stipulations again? QBR ?

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bagels manned up for you though.

:lol: a festivus miracle!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:06 pm 

Brick wrote:
Goff has been better this year. It wouldn't shock me if he returned back to average next year though. That's why I won't make that bet.

Tua will probably outperform Love next year. I need to see what happens for the rest of this season.

It's just easier though for you to set the over/unders on Love and then I can choose which sides I am taking.

It's not easier :lol:

It's equally as easy to just bet on Tua vs Love in whichever categories we agree on. But that would require you actually believing Tua is better, which you don't seem to now that I offered a wager on it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's equally as easy to just bet on Tua vs Love in whichever categories we agree on. But that would require you actually believing Tua is better, which you don't seem to now that I offered a wager on it.

Doesn't Tua win this year in those categories 3-2? So Tua is better this year correct?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:11 pm 

Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Doesn't Tua win this year in those categories 3-2? So Tua is better this year correct?

Maybe, but your commitment to the bit is laying in shambles. Sad!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next