It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
It's got to be great. Whenever we visit I don't want to leave. A lot of the lakes are very Illinoisy though and getting moreso. It sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Too many Hanz and Frieda's, so no

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:22 pm 

You wouldn't be afraid to go outside here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:12 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Wisconsin Dells is just White Trash Disney. Not sure I can support this shoutout.

I used to think that. There’s actually a lot of solid bars and restaurants. I enjoy it much more now than when we used to visit on vacation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:29 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Wisconsin Dells is just White Trash Disney. Not sure I can support this shoutout.

How do I upvote this comment here on these forums?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
denisdman wrote:

I used to think that. There’s actually a lot of solid bars and restaurants. I enjoy it much more now than when we used to visit on vacation.

Yeah plus at least two white trash families I know frequent and adore Disney, almost to the point of bizarre reverence. Never the Dells.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
a genius wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Yeah plus at least two white trash families I know frequent and adore Disney, almost to the point of bizarre reverence. Never the Dells.

Florida is a bug light to white trash.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:22 am 

If it continues to lean blue it will become crapped up and unlivable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:35 am 

The gerrymandered state legislature is nearly 2/3 Republican. They ran horrible candidates for the Supreme Court and Governor. They deserved to lose those races.

Like a lot of places the cities continue to trend left and rural areas right. The battle is in the burbs, and wackos aren’t going to win in those areas.

Right now the Republican right is an abomination that stands for nothing. What is happening in Congress is shameful. We will be left with lots of liberals if they keep at it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Currently spending my 1st night as a Wisconsin resident. Sitting on the deck, drinking a Manhattan and enjoying the peaceful tranquility of crickets chirping, rustling leaves and a beautiful night sky. I think I might like this.

I'm sorry to hear you listened to your wife.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:22 am 

denisdman wrote:
The gerrymandered state legislature is nearly 2/3 Republican. They ran horrible candidates for the Supreme Court and Governor. They deserved to lose those races.

Like a lot of places the cities continue to trend left and rural areas right. The battle is in the burbs, and wackos aren’t going to win in those areas.

Right now the Republican right is an abomination that stands for nothing. What is happening in Congress is shameful. We will be left with lots of liberals if they keep at it.

All that is true, plus people from MN and IL fleeing. But if it gets to be a blue state it will get crapped up and unlivable. All the bars and restaurants would need to be shut down if there is some sort of pandemic. All those fun water toys, ski toys, and machinery aren't very green or good for the lakes so it's going to need to be limited or done a way with or of course just changed to electric. I'd watch the gun laws too. Who knows how the no human is illegal will shake out. They will need of course need more money from you to fix all of it.

Every reason you left Il was the result of blue policies. In Illinois it happened little by little then all at once. Those bars and restaurants on Sundays are filled with the educated, successful, people in Bears gear that just want freedom and to hang on to their money. If the rural areas get bigger (and they will) and they can't hold their nose and vote for whatever abomination that stands for nothing the state will get crapped up and unlivable. You may think the social issues aren't important but it's what influences young voters and shapes society. The institutions are then captured and it's over.

I don't know what the area around where you are is like. If it's Wisconsiny and starts to be "improved" with "nice things" Wisconsin is fucked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
denisdman wrote:

All that is true, plus people from MN and IL fleeing. But if it gets to be a blue state it will get crapped up and unlivable. All the bars and restaurants would need to be shut down if there is some sort of pandemic. All those fun water toys, ski toys, and machinery aren't very green or good for the lakes so it's going to need to be limited or done a way with or of course just changed to electric. I'd watch the gun laws too. Who knows how the no human is illegal will shake out. They will need of course need more money from you to fix all of it.

Every reason you left Il was the result of blue policies. In Illinois it happened little by little then all at once. Those bars and restaurants on Sundays are filled with the educated, successful, people in Bears gear that just want freedom and to hang on to their money. If the rural areas get bigger (and they will) and they can't hold their nose and vote for whatever abomination that stands for nothing the state will get crapped up and unlivable. You may think the social issues aren't important but it's what influences young voters and shapes society. The institutions are then captured and it's over.

I don't know what the area around where you are is like. If it's Wisconsiny and starts to be "improved" with "nice things" Wisconsin is fucked.

Wisconsin has voted for a Democrat for president for essentially the past 40 years. Minnesota hasn't voted for a republican since Nixon. Ohio is fairly red these days, but their Republican leaders enforced the Trump covid mandates. You're going to run out of states if you're looking for one that had ZERO covid restrictions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:17 am 

Wisconsin will get what they vote for if the trend continues. It was a great escape as Denis and Pritzker showed us. It won't remain that way or at least not for normal people. Pritzker will always be able to have what he wants, Denis probably not so much. Democrats want total control, at any expense, any way they can get it and the rules are different for the ones that make the rules.

They convinced a lot of people this is the way...people like Denis who won't see it til it's too late. If the Republican right is an abomination that stands for nothing the Democratic left is an abomination that stands for all the wrong things. Don't vote for them or put them in power and don't let them dictate culture. Masking in WI lasted about 2 weeks and it was't really enforced. Nobody asked for cards, nobody asked about vaccination status, nobody shut down bars and restaurants. That is not what happened in IL at all, not even close.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:39 am 
100000 CLUB

I don't know if we'll have another pandemic anytime soon. I don't know if mask mandates will return. I don't know if some businesses will enforce local governments policies. I do know those things aren't responsible for our happiness. If I made life decisions based on who I recall giving me the hardest time when it comes to masks, I would never return to Florida.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
At an Oktoberfest in Burlington WI, and it's a very quaint scene. Beer and food is really good and I've seen several doppelgangers for Deni$' Dairy Queen...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:09 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:
At an Oktoberfest in Burlington WI, and it's a very quaint scene. Beer and food is really good and I've seen several doppelgangers for Deni$' Dairy Queen...

I have people come up to me all the time and say they know me. White, bald guy with a gotee, lots of us.

This Neyland Stadium scene is impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:34 am 

same easily lead people who take a vacation and then are looking for a timeshare in the location

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:42 am 

Spaulding wrote:
If it continues to lean blue it will become crapped up and unlivable.

What?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:44 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
wisconsin is fine for a weekend once in a while but I wouldn't want to live there. It's a state populated by simpletons. Dennis is there for less than a year and he's practically king of the place.

Used to think the same thing until I lived here. You realize they're smart enough to desire a simple life. Fibs will never be happy with their entitlement and desires . Sconnies just want to be left alone unless you buy them a shot. It's great.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:55 am 

There seems to be one commonality among each of the board's shangri las