It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dion sanders hahahahaha
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:26 pm 

This dude single handedly making me jealous of Colorado. Fucking Colorado. Total baller. Love this guy. Best tv in a long time. Even when he is winning he is pissed. He's going to be NFL in no time, no fucking doubt. Have a beer with Dion or Dennis rodman? Why not both.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:09 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Folsom got quiet after Shedeur threw that end zone pick, 0-29 at half-time to 46-43 victory.

I hope the fat kid crying in the Colorado stands lost a shit ton of money gambling on the game and isn't balling his eyes out because the Buffaloes blew a 29-0 half-time lead.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:45 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I'm glad Deion is a people person and motivates his players by telling Jimmy Horn to make his dad watching from prison proud or finding a local pastor to console Travis Hunter, who recently lost his friend to gun violence. Would other coaches/programs do the same? Maybe. I know they wouldn't blow a 29-0 lead and commit 17 penalties (including a number of unsportsmanlike conducts and 12 men on the field) for 127 yards though. That's awful and embarrassing. Shame on the reporters post game for not asking about Deion accepting the illegal block penalty to repeat 3rd down for Stanford at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Shout out to FanDuel for setting the live Stanford moneyline at +630 after Colorado punted the football up 36-33 with 3 minutes to go.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:48 am 

He's the perfect college coach. I think we are seeing the start of something amazing

edit -
https://youtu.be/Lu_Qc6FRe1Y?t=580

I can't believe they lost though. I left at half time thinking it was a blowout. Wish I stayed. What dion said after the game.. man, i wish i had him as a life coach.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:51 am 

He’s great for college football

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:

I’m going old man here…don’t like it.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:12 am 

good dolphin wrote:

It was probably inevitable but his legacy will likely be the idea that every new coach needs to come in and kick every player off the team he can in order to bring in other players. It's not like that didn't happen to some degree before but Deion basically walked in, looked at tape to see any talent he had, and told the rest to get out. It's different in the NFL with contracts and making millions.

I know college football is a business but how he built Colorado into the .500 powerhouse that shocked the college football world isn't exactly a great thing for the players.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It was probably inevitable but his legacy will likely be the idea that every new coach needs to come in and kick every player off the team he can in order to bring in other players. It's not like that didn't happen to some degree before but Deion basically walked in, looked at tape to see any talent he had, and told the rest to get out. It's different in the NFL with contracts and making millions.

I know college football is a business but how he built Colorado into the .500 powerhouse that shocked the college football world isn't exactly a great thing for the players.

I don't know if he can coach, but he's going to be a recruiting powerhouse. He certainly takes coachspeak to a different level.

"Our kids need to decide whether they're in love with football, or if they're in like of football."

That shit makes players want to run through a brick wall for him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:18 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agreed, but he brings huge interest to the game in general and to a spot in the country that is kind of a dead zone. I'm not sure what he is as a coach, but he is a great hype man. He is one of the few people to walk the line where 50% love him and 50% hate him but they all watch him.

I don't like what he did with the previous team. However, there has been a drastic shift in the power dynamic between coach/administration and players because of the portal and NIL. Kids aren't as beholden to the coach or program and there are openings across college football every year. Has anyone reported if any kids were left in the lurch without any subsequent scholarship? Anyway, that is an NCAA flaw. I fully embrace that scholarships should be greater commitments from a program. I think they should not just be 4 years, but 8 years of undergrad, to allow a student to take minimal classes in season but then have the time to make them up post eligibility (i saw at least 3 guys just on saturday night who were in their 7th years).

I was also disappointed he left the HBCU universe as I thought he was there on a mission.

Deion knows football, make no mistake about it. He was a sophisticated player as well as physically great. That doesn't mean he is a great coach. No one can deny that he has had pretty good success in two stops so far, so he is doing something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agreed, but he brings huge interest to the game in general and to a spot in the country that is kind of a dead zone. I'm not sure what he is as a coach, but he is a great hype man. He is one of the few people to walk the line where 50% love him and 50% hate him but they all watch him.

I don't like what he did with the previous team. However, there has been a drastic shift in the power dynamic between coach/administration and players because of the portal and NIL. Kids aren't as beholden to the coach or program and there are openings across college football every year. Has anyone reported if any kids were left in the lurch without any subsequent scholarship? Anyway, that is an NCAA flaw. I fully embrace that scholarships should be greater commitments from a program. I think they should not just be 4 years, but 8 years of undergrad, to allow a student to take minimal classes in season but then have the time to make them up post eligibility (i saw at least 3 guys just on saturday night who were in their 7th years).

I was also disappointed he left the HBCU universe as I thought he was there on a mission.

Deion knows football, make no mistake about it. He was a sophisticated player as well as physically great. That doesn't mean he is a great coach. No one can deny that he has had pretty good success in two stops so far, so he is doing something.

absolutely. and after the debacle against stanford, what it means to be a coach is how you respond next week. this was an abysmal loss, no matter what was at stake or how it looked to the college football world. there was no excuse at all to lose this game.

as far as commitment, i'd be interested to see a statistic to see how many transfers of major skill players (qb, wr, rb) there have been in the past 10 years versus all of the 20th century. i wouldn't be surprised if the numbers have skyrocketed. it seems like almost every great player out there has transferred from another school. college sports shouldn't have this "trade deadline" mentality.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:45 am 

and I love the creation of the black cowboy look. I hope it hits urban areas. We almost had it during the pandemic until that guy rode his horse to its death

its like Lovie ushering in the black santa look. It's a good style

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:50 am 

Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't know if he can coach, but he's going to be a recruiting powerhouse. He certainly takes coachspeak to a different level.

"Our kids need to decide whether they're in love with football, or if they're in like of football."

That shit makes players want to run through a brick wall for him.

Those types of things lose impact quickly though. I doubt he's going to recruit well for long against the traditional powers especially once his kid is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:53 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Most scholarships at the top level are 4 year. There are a few problems though. You have to quit football when your coach decides you suck to get it. You can't stay on the team because he'll make your life miserable.

I think Deion is going to be successful once he ends up at Florida State. He's going to hit a ceiling at Colorado.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The best thing for the players would be to remove the academic requirements (make them optional, if a player wants to get a free education while playing that's great he should do so) but make Division I college football and basketball a truly professional U23 sport, make them contracted employees with limits similar to what the pro soccer leagues have (can only move schools during fixed transfer windows) but prohibit trades.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:07 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The best thing for the players would be to remove the academic requirements (make them optional, if a player wants to get a free education while playing that's great he should do so) but make Division I college football and basketball a truly professional U23 sport, make them contracted employees with limits similar to what the pro soccer leagues have (can only move schools during fixed transfer windows) but prohibit trades.

There is no reason to do that. There are only 224 NFL draft picks a year. Even if we say 100 UDFA get into the NFL and at least make some money that's less than 350 a year and half of them will not make enough money to sustain themselves for long after their career is over.

If you get rid of the academic requirements, or even make them optional, you are virtually guaranteeing that not a single P5 football player will ever see the inside of a classroom while playing because what coach is going to let them go to school and play unless they are NFL bound?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:31 am 

Brick wrote:

From where they were when he started, it's still an improvement, but it's possible they don't win another game. His hype, combined with beating 3 teams currently in the bottom half of their conference standings (and the ESPN machine), made things bigger than they deserved. Starting off beating a ranked TCU looked great, but they were massively overrated because of last year.

That said, I stayed up until after 1am watching the Stanford game, so his hype machine must be working. I wouldn't have even known Col/Stan game was on the schedule last year, let alone watch it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:56 am 

The one thing I do say about how he treated the players who were presently under scholarship when he arrived is that Deion is a preacher/pastor. You don't stop being a man of God just because its not your present occupation. I hold him to a higher standard. Did he act in a way consistent with that calling? Possibly. Probably not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Coach Prime live on yt with Sharpe and Ocho: