Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Are they blessing the "behavior"?

It sounds like it:

Quote:
Pope Francis has formally approved allowing priests to bless same-sex couples

:lol: :lol:

Aren't you the same guy who has spent the last six years yelling about the bias and lies of the MSM?

That's why I asked the question.

Post subject: Re: Pope Francis
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:58 am 

Is this any different than the church making a "business decision" to be kind of ok with divorce?

It's still really not about gay people. It's about people that start to question the whole reason they belong to a place that is openly antagonistic about an issue they would otherwise not really care about.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
The only teachings that matter are about the gays. There are no free boxed lunches in life.

We should gather the Nation of Islam's take on Homosexuality. Do you think Homo's are being blessed at the local Mosque? They should be as the Left and Islam have become interesting Bedfellows of late.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
The only teachings that matter are about the gays. There are no free boxed lunches in life.

We should gather the Nation of Islam's take on Homosexuality. Do you think Homo's are being blessed at the local Mosque? They should be as the Left and Islam have become interesting Bedfellows of late.

I go to the Mosque on 73rd and Stony so they can uplift me...

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I was really interested in the thoughts of atheists and protestants about this nuanced topic

Is the Catholic Church now blessing same sex unions? I'm honestly curious.

Are you asking for "a friend"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:26 am 

Brick wrote:
Is this any different than the church making a "business decision" to be kind of ok with divorce?

It's still really not about gay people. It's about people that start to question the whole reason they belong to a place that is openly antagonistic about an issue they would otherwise not really care about.

the Politics Section is the proper location for sophistry and disingenuous concern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:31 am 

I don't see any counterargument though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:33 am 

Brick wrote:
I don't see any counterargument though.

Thanks for your concern. We'll take it under consideration

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I was really interested in the thoughts of atheists and protestants about this nuanced topic

No.

Then what are they blessing, individual gays?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:35 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

By your neck.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:51 am 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

By your neck.

My neck is very strong.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:22 pm 

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

By your neck.

My neck is very strong.

Farrakhan is pretty quiet for quite a while. Too old? Is there another?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

By your neck.

My neck is very strong.

Farrakhan is pretty quiet for quite a while. Too old? Is there another?

It's not my thing, so I don't follow them closely. From what I've seen, he still speaks and MANY listen. He's still charismatic and articulate at 90 years old.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
pittmike wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No.

Quote:
The document from the Vatican’s doctrine office elaborates on a letter Francis sent to two conservative cardinals that was published in October. In that preliminary response, Francis suggested such blessings could be offered under some circumstances if the blessings weren’t confused with the ritual of marriage.

The new document repeats that condition and elaborates on it, reaffirming that marriage is a lifelong union between a man and a woman. And it stresses that blessings in question must not be tied to any specific Catholic celebration or religious service and should not be conferred at the same time as a civil union ceremony. Moreover, the blessings cannot use set rituals or even involve the clothing and gestures that belong in a wedding.

But it says requests for such blessings for same-sex couples should not be denied. It offers an extensive and broad definition of the term “blessing” in Scripture to insist that people seeking a transcendent relationship with God and looking for his love and mercy shouldn't be held up to an impossible moral standard to receive it.

“For, those seeking a blessing should not be required to have prior moral perfection,” it said.

“There is no intention to legitimize anything, but rather to open one’s life to God, to ask for his help to live better, and also to invoke the Holy Spirit so that the values of the Gospel may be lived with greater faithfulness,” it added.

The Vatican holds that marriage is an indissoluble union between man and woman. As a result, it has long opposed same-sex marriage and considers homosexual acts to be “intrinsically disordered.” Nothing in the new document changes that teaching.

It said ultimately, a blessing is about helping people increase their trust in God. “It is a seed of the Holy Spirit that must be nurtured, not hindered,” it said.

It stressed that people in “irregular” unions of extramarital sex — gay or straight — are in a state of sin. But it said that shouldn’t deprive them of God’s love or mercy. “Even when a person’s relationship with God is clouded by sin, he can always ask for a blessing, stretching out his hand to God,” the document said.

Thus, when people ask for a blessing, an exhaustive moral analysis should not be placed as a precondition for conferring it,” the document said.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:

It's not my thing, so I don't follow them closely. From what I've seen, he still speaks and MANY listen. He's still charismatic and articulate at 90 years old.

That's right. I don't agree with him but he's charismatic as hell. He's a funny and talented guy and he's as entitled to wacky beliefs as anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
a genius wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No.

Quote:
The document from the Vatican’s doctrine office elaborates on a letter Francis sent to two conservative cardinals that was published in October. In that preliminary response, Francis suggested such blessings could be offered under some circumstances if the blessings weren’t confused with the ritual of marriage.

The new document repeats that condition and elaborates on it, reaffirming that marriage is a lifelong union between a man and a woman. And it stresses that blessings in question must not be tied to any specific Catholic celebration or religious service and should not be conferred at the same time as a civil union ceremony. Moreover, the blessings cannot use set rituals or even involve the clothing and gestures that belong in a wedding.

But it says requests for such blessings for same-sex couples should not be denied. It offers an extensive and broad definition of the term “blessing” in Scripture to insist that people seeking a transcendent relationship with God and looking for his love and mercy shouldn't be held up to an impossible moral standard to receive it.

“For, those seeking a blessing should not be required to have prior moral perfection,” it said.

“There is no intention to legitimize anything, but rather to open one’s life to God, to ask for his help to live better, and also to invoke the Holy Spirit so that the values of the Gospel may be lived with greater faithfulness,” it added.

The Vatican holds that marriage is an indissoluble union between man and woman. As a result, it has long opposed same-sex marriage and considers homosexual acts to be “intrinsically disordered.” Nothing in the new document changes that teaching.

It said ultimately, a blessing is about helping people increase their trust in God. “It is a seed of the Holy Spirit that must be nurtured, not hindered,” it said.

It stressed that people in “irregular” unions of extramarital sex — gay or straight — are in a state of sin. But it said that shouldn’t deprive them of God’s love or mercy. “Even when a person’s relationship with God is clouded by sin, he can always ask for a blessing, stretching out his hand to God,” the document said.

Thus, when people ask for a blessing, an exhaustive moral analysis should not be placed as a precondition for conferring it,” the document said.

I'm gonna use that to shame my brother-in-law for boycotting my wedding.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
a genius wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No.

Quote:

I'm gonna use that to shame my brother-in-law for boycotting my wedding.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hell, my brother-in-law the priest refused to attend my wedding reception because we weren't married in the Church, but now he has permission from God's representative on Earth to bless gay couples? How does that work?

Your BIL refused to attend his sister's wedding reception because the wedding was not a catholic mass? He sounds like a real treat who is making up his own rules. My uncle was a priest and as I recall attended MANY non-catholic weddings and funerals.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

Those punks acting like jerk-offs at pro Palestinian uprisings are most likely gay or trans themselves and do not know crap about the death sentence that Islam directs for them if found out.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Are they blessing the "behavior"?

It sounds like it:

Quote:
Pope Francis has formally approved allowing priests to bless same-sex couples

:lol: :lol:

Aren't you the same guy who has spent the last six years yelling about the bias and lies of the MSM?

That's why I asked the question.

I don't think your instincts are wrong. It feels like a - it's not but it is - situation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:49 pm 

Best pope ever. Anything anyone can do to make Christians and every fucking religious person on the planet questing their beliefs is good. Fuck religion, fuck god, fuck all the weird ass people that worry about that shit. Fuck them all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No.

Yes