It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pope Francis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Pope Francis has formally approved allowing priests to bless same-sex couples, with a new document explaining a radical change in Vatican policy by insisting that people seeking God’s love and mercy shouldn’t be subject to “an exhaustive moral analysis” to receive it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-says-pr ... 01263.html

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post subject: Re: Pope Francis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Worst Pope ever.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

I can't say I know a lot about Catholic history, but I know enough to know that isn't close to being accurate.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He's turned the Catholic Church into a progressive shithole. He's definitely up there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
I can't say I know a lot about Catholic history, but I know enough to know that isn't close to being accurate.

Bob isn't familiar with the Medicis.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

A former coworker swore by them. On 57th near the Metra station?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm a Valois guy myself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Impressed, Chet. How the hell do you know that? Did you get one of your degrees at Chicago?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
A seamless blending of nepotism and cheesy garlic bread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
A seamless blending of nepotism and cheesy garlic bread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Worst Pope ever.

Pope Stephen VI (896 to 897)

Try this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
Pope Francis has formally approved allowing priests to bless same-sex couples, with a new document explaining a radical change in Vatican policy by insisting that people seeking God’s love and mercy shouldn’t be subject to “an exhaustive moral analysis” to receive it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-says-pr ... 01263.html

the catholic church has blessed and prayed for sinner since the very beginning...even the stereotypical beginning to a confession is a request to be blessed because I have sinned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Impressed, Chet. How the hell do you know that? Did you get one of your degrees at Chicago?

Nah, just random bits of trivia from years of reading LTHForum when it was still viable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Caller Bob wrote:
Worst Pope ever.

I don't know if he is the worst bu he's definitely a bad one. Pius XII was an awful pope also as a NAZI sort of collaborator. Francis has been a bad Catholic Church honcho for a long long time and a major reason why many Catholics including myself resent his actions to turn people away from the faith with his secular type fiats including this radical outrage. It will certainly be interesting what will happen when he goes to the great beyond and the Church will decide on a new pontiff given the huge split in the hierarchy.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
He's turned the Catholic Church into a progressive shithole. He's definitely up there.

:lol: Vatican City...What a shithole.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The worst country in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

All the cardinals are getting on rafts to escape with only the vestments on their backs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

All the cardinals are getting on rafts to escape with only the vestments on their backs.

They're trying to stop the steal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They're trying to stop the steal

The power of Christ compels them

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
The Hawk wrote:

I don't know if he is the worst bu he's definitely a bad one. Pius XII was an awful pope also as a NAZI sort of collaborator. Francis has been a bad Catholic Church honcho for a long long time and a major reason why many Catholics including myself resent his actions to turn people away from the faith with his secular type fiats including this radical outrage. It will certainly be interesting what will happen when he goes to the great beyond and the Church will decide on a new pontiff given the huge split in the hierarchy.

I don't get all the angst about him. I for one appreciate much of what he has done, such as reforming the Curia, holding wasteful bishops and the Vatican bank more accountable, emphasizing the issue of climate change, and embracing those previoulsy disdained by the church, including LGBTs. How is any of that a bad thing? As for blessing g*ays, what is the big deal? Priests are already blessing anything and everything, even our pets.

Longish article but interesting read: https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... r-heard-of

One excerpt:

Quote:
By any accurate yardstick, Pope Francis is no liberal.

He is emphatically opposed to abortion, even comparing it to hiring a hit man. He has referred to same-sex intimacy as sinful and refused to allow gay marriage in the church. He has not permitted women to become priests or divorced and remarried Catholics to receive Communion. He has kept the ban on contraception.

Yet he has become popular with liberals, even secular ones, for his focus on the environment and the poor and the respect and kindness he has shown marginalized groups. He has invited transgender Romans to his weekly audience and recently said trans people can serve as godparents and witnesses at weddings. He has met repeatedly with gay advocates and agreed this year it was permissible for priests to bless gay couples in some instances. (The Vatican on Monday released guidance about such blessings, saying that while they should in no way be confused with marriage rites, “the ordained minister could ask that the individuals have peace, health, a spirit of patience, dialogue, and mutual assistance — but also God’s light and strength to be able to fulfill his will completely.”)

Francis has rolled his eyes at what he sees as conservatives’ blind focus on sexual transgressions.

“We look at the so-called ‘sin of the flesh’ with a magnifying glass,” Francis said in August. “If you exploited your workers, if you lied or cheated, it didn’t matter. And instead [only] sins below the waist were relevant.”

William Doino Jr., a conservative Catholic writer who admires Francis, said that the pope “is a victim of mistaken identity” from both progressives who see him as a radical revolutionary and conservatives who view him as caving to the world.

“He’s neither. He’s sort of a transcendent figure,” said Doino. “He’s speaking from the classic Catholic position, but he’s digging more deeply into it.”

Fellow right-leaning Catholics, he said, often despise Francis because, rather than reading his writings for themselves, they allow liberals to define him in the media: “Then they react to that. They take the bait. It’s so ironic.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:45 pm 

dan bernstien: hi how are you
caller: great. LET ME TELL YOU WHY WE DONT NEED BLACK PEOPLE HAVING CHILDREN WITH WHITE PEOPLE
dan bernstien: oh great. what is it.
caller: BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED ANY GREY PEOPLE
dan bernstien: yea ok bye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

a genius wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I don't get all the angst about him. I for one appreciate much of what he has done, such as reforming the Curia, holding wasteful bishops and the Vatican bank more accountable, emphasizing the issue of climate change, and embracing those previoulsy disdained by the church, including LGBTs. How is any of that a bad thing? As for blessing g*ays, what is the big deal? Priests are already blessing anything and everything, even our pets.

Longish article but interesting read: https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... r-heard-of

One excerpt:

Quote:

He is emphatically opposed to abortion, even comparing it to hiring a hit man. He has referred to same-sex intimacy as sinful and refused to allow gay marriage in the church. He has not permitted women to become priests or divorced and remarried Catholics to receive Communion. He has kept the ban on contraception.

Yet he has become popular with liberals, even secular ones, for his focus on the environment and the poor and the respect and kindness he has shown marginalized groups. He has invited transgender Romans to his weekly audience and recently said trans people can serve as godparents and witnesses at weddings. He has met repeatedly with gay advocates and agreed this year it was permissible for priests to bless gay couples in some instances. (The Vatican on Monday released guidance about such blessings, saying that while they should in no way be confused with marriage rites, “the ordained minister could ask that the individuals have peace, health, a spirit of patience, dialogue, and mutual assistance — but also God’s light and strength to be able to fulfill his will completely.”)

Francis has rolled his eyes at what he sees as conservatives’ blind focus on sexual transgressions.

“We look at the so-called ‘sin of the flesh’ with a magnifying glass,” Francis said in August. “If you exploited your workers, if you lied or cheated, it didn’t matter. And instead [only] sins below the waist were relevant.”

William Doino Jr., a conservative Catholic writer who admires Francis, said that the pope “is a victim of mistaken identity” from both progressives who see him as a radical revolutionary and conservatives who view him as caving to the world.

“He’s neither. He’s sort of a transcendent figure,” said Doino. “He’s speaking from the classic Catholic position, but he’s digging more deeply into it.”

Fellow right-leaning Catholics, he said, often despise Francis because, rather than reading his writings for themselves, they allow liberals to define him in the media: “Then they react to that. They take the bait. It’s so ironic.”

I think that's a good way to describe him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Seacrest wrote:
a genius wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

One excerpt:

Quote:

I do not agree. Doino has defended Pius XII and Francis who are rightly complicit in fostering attacking traditional Catholic dogma and a path to progressive heresy. To call Francis a "conservative" and saying that Francis is speaking from a classic Catholic position is as wrong as it gets.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

The Hawk wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
a genius wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

One excerpt:

Quote:

I do not agree. Doino has defended Pius XII and Francis who are rightly complicit in fostering attacking traditional Catholic dogma and a path to progressive heresy. To call Francis a "conservative" and saying that Francis is speaking from a classic Catholic position is as wrong as it gets.

Letting people know that God loves them is the first step toward a relationship with him.

That's the essence of Catholicism today, and it always has been.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:44 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
dan bernstien: hi how are you
caller: great. LET ME TELL YOU WHY WE DONT NEED BLACK PEOPLE HAVING CHILDREN WITH WHITE PEOPLE
dan bernstien: oh great. what is it.
caller: BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED ANY GREY PEOPLE
dan bernstien: yea ok bye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:43 am 

God loves you. God would love you more if you would only have sex with women though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:45 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
God loves you. God would love you more if you would only have sex with women though.

Are there any sex acts that God frowns upon?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:

That’s probably better than God said if you’re gay I should cut your head off. Or if you’re a European Jew in Israel In should bomb you.