It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:32 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Pippen was a great player, one of the best defenders of all time. He was vital to their success.

But he is like a teen age girl constantly upset and crying. It kills him that he could never be the man.

He should be constantly reminded of the 1.8 secs fiasco. Thank goodness for Kukoc.

Disappointed in Grant and Longley. But I am sure they are looking for a payday.

In reality they are still riding Jordans coattails to relevance and money.

Jordan still wins.

Was this meant to be read as a poem?

of course :D

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm going to try to line Jordan up so each CFMB member can blow him. I'm not sure what he will charge but I'm negotiating for him to throw in some insults for free.

Are you suggesting that Jordan is unworthy of the praise that he receives here and elsewhere? If so, why?

Well, I don't think he's the undisputed "best that ever was, best that ever will be." He was a great basktetball player. There are and have been lots of great basketball players.

I'm suggesting he's closer to being the greatest asshole of all time than he is the greatest basketball player of all time.

You should love him. He should be your favorite player. When did you start drawing the asshole line?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm suggesting he's closer to being the greatest asshole of all time than he is the greatest basketball player of all time.
substitute former president for basketball player and we're in agreement. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Some people don’t know how to take an L.

Shots fired at Vegan!

That's fine, all the Jordan is goat stuff is more dogma than objective, and most Chicagoans are dogmatic about this, naturally I guess. I just want them to know that somewhere out there while smoking a cigar in the faces of his underpaid cleaning staff in a sparsely furnished mansion, Jordan appreciates all the unpaid labor you all perform to further burnish his image in the eyes of those who might otherwise blaspheme against him.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
As long as you’re admitting that your Jordan slander is blasphemous, I think we’re all on the same page.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm going to try to line Jordan up so each CFMB member can blow him. I'm not sure what he will charge but I'm negotiating for him to throw in some insults for free.

Are you suggesting that Jordan is unworthy of the praise that he receives here and elsewhere? If so, why?

Well, I don't think he's the undisputed "best that ever was, best that ever will be." He was a great basktetball player. There are and have been lots of great basketball players.

I hope you can name about 10,000 players greater than him because if you give me a month, I can name 10,000 greater assholes. I can even name a couple NBA players...Sprewell and Laimbeer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:04 pm 

Well you can at least admit sprewell had better grip than your boy Fields.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:05 pm 

As long as you’re admitting that your Jordan slander is blasphemous, I think we’re all on the same page.

:lol:

I hope he's at least pitching in some contribution toward your health insurance premium or providing some sort of per diem reimbursement in exchange for your service.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:14 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

:lol:

I hope he's at least pitching in some contribution toward your health insurance premium or providing some sort of per diem reimbursement in exchange for your service.

All I ask is a head nod when I get to the front of JORR’s line.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The guy is responsible for bringing SIX (6) NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago. Who the fuck gives a shit if he hurt the feelings of Cabana Boy Longley or the Eminently Replaceable Horace Grant along the way?

The prolonged emotional outburst exhibited by these players is usually the kind of embarrassing display that you associate with the decline of masculine identity.

Why are you now defending their descent into effeminacy?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:53 pm 

I thought Longley’s beef was that he was hardly mentioned in the last dance, aside from an insult story from MJ.

He released his own doc on YouTube where he talked about being tall in Australia and surfing. I have no idea how he fell in with a whore merchant like Scottie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:37 am 

Scottie and Horace were so country dumb when they were drafted, its a wonder either of them developed. They were country wolf to Michael's city wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:
The guy is responsible for bringing SIX (6) NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago.

I was unaware. I seem to remember four other guys on the floor with him. One of them was named Pippen. I don't think Jordan ever won without him.

This is the Bulls fan standard. When they are arguing about Jordan, "He did it all by himself. The best ever!" Then when I argue that Pippen was not a Top 50 all-timer, was not better than Dave Bing, suddenly it's "Are you serious? There has never been a better defender!"

Maybe Pippen is responsible for bringing SIX (6) NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago. Maybe Jerry Reinsdorf is. Maybe Jerry Krause is. Maybe Chip Schaefer is. But the only ASSHOLE who ever claims he actually is responsible for doing so is Michael Jordan.

SIDE NOTE: I am getting a kick out of the serious erudite Tall Midget exposing himself as a member of Jordan's supporting cast. I guess everyone has an Achilles heel. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:05 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Scottie and Horace were so country dumb when they were drafted

People from small towns sure are stupid! Elitists like good dolphin are why black men across the nation are suddenly supporting Donald J. Trump.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Scottie and Horace were so country dumb when they were drafted, its a wonder either of them developed. They were country wolf to Michael's city wolf

You're being too kind to Jordan. He could barely wipe his own ass when he got to Chicago. He was a kid the streets would suck their teeth at.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The guy is responsible for bringing SIX (6) NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago.

I was unaware. I seem to remeber four other guys on the floor with him. One of them was named Pippen. I don't think Jordan ever won without him.

This is the Bulls fan standard. When they are arguing about Jordan, "He did it all by himself. The best ever!" Then when I argue that Pippen was not a Top 50 all-timer, was not better than Dave Bing, suddenly it's "Are you serious? There has never been a better defender!"

Maybe Pippen is responsible for bringing SIX (6) NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago. Maybe Jerry Reinsdorf is. Maybe Jerry Krause is. Maybe Chip Schaefer is. But the only ASSHOLE who ever claims he actually is responsible for doing so is Michael Jordan.

SIDE NOTE: I am getting a kick out of the serious erudite Tall Midget exposing himself as a member of Jordan's supporting cast. I guess everyone has an Achilles heel. :lol:

Laugh all you want. Jordan is the individual most responsible for bringing SIX (6) NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago. Without HIM, there is nothing but a collection of CABANA BOYS, SECOND BANANAS, and CRUMBS.

Who cares if Jordan is an asshole? He dominated his era like few others have in any sport. Your focus on his lack of emotional intelligence stands in contradiction with your posting history and your stated values.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Laugh all you want. Jordan is the individual most responsible for bringing SIX (6) NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago. Without HIM, there is nothing but a collection of CABANA BOYS, SECOND BANANAS, and CRUMBS.

Without Pippen is Jordan JORDAN? It's an unanswerable question.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:51 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Shots fired at Vegan!

That's fine, all the Jordan is goat stuff is more dogma than objective, and most Chicagoans are dogmatic about this, naturally I guess. I just want them to know that somewhere out there while smoking a cigar in the faces of his underpaid cleaning staff in a sparsely furnished mansion, Jordan appreciates all the unpaid labor you all perform to further burnish his image in the eyes of those who might otherwise blaspheme against him.

Wait, you don't think an objective argument for Jordan as GOAT can be made?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:02 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Shots fired at Vegan!

I believe he thinks it can but none of you are doing it. Even Tall Midget sounds like someone who had ten posters of Jordan on the walls of his childhood bedroom.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:07 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Even Tall Midget sounds like someone who had ten posters of Jordan on the walls of his childhood bedroom.

Why are you using past tense

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:07 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That isn't the concept you applied when discussing the effect that Mongo had on the performance of Hampton and Dent and vice versa. You seemed more than willing to answer that equally unanswerable question.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:20 am 
Site Admin

One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That isn't the concept you applied when discussing the effect that Mongo had on the performance of Hampton and Dent and vice versa. You seemed more than willing to answer that equally unanswerable question.

It's a completely different sport. But you're welcome to believe McMichael was a/the key to that defensive line. I'd say it's more about sentiment for a guy who won't be with us long.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Shots fired at Vegan!

I believe he thinks it can but none of you are doing it. Even Tall Midget sounds like someone who had ten posters of Jordan on the walls of his childhood bedroom.

You have presented no evidence to support your position. There is nothing to argue against. Jordan is (almost) universally regarded as the greatest player of his era, was the MVP of every championship series during the Bulls' dynasty, made the vast majority of game-changing/clinching plays during the Bulls playoff runs and invariably was at his best during the highest-pressure moments, unlike your guy Scottie "1.8 Migraines" Pippen, a player who turtled up in big moments like he was George Costanza swimming on Cape Cod. The burden is on you to prove your contrarian point. All you've succeeded in doing so far is accuse Jordan of being insensitive. Again, who the fuck cares?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:28 am 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Even Tall Midget sounds like someone who had ten posters of Jordan on the walls of his childhood bedroom.

Another guy without an argument and without a clue. Please tell us again how we should care more about Jordan's poor record as owner of the Charlotte Hornets than we should about the SIX NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS he brought to Chicago as the most dominant player of his era. I could use a good laugh.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:29 am 

JORR's Jordan bit is one of my favorite comedy acts going.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:36 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Jordan is (almost) universally regarded as the greatest player of his era, was the MVP of every championship series during the Bulls' dynasty, made the vast majority of game-changing/clinching plays during the Bulls playoff runs and invariably was at his best during the highest-pressure moments

Now you're indulging in argumentum ad populum and argumentum ab auctoritate. Are you really gonna destroy your board persona for Michael Jordan?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
RFDC wrote:
JORR's Jordan bit is one of my favorite comedy acts going.

He the board’s Skip Bayless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:56 am 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Jordan is (almost) universally regarded as the greatest player of his era, was the MVP of every championship series during the Bulls' dynasty, made the vast majority of game-changing/clinching plays during the Bulls playoff runs and invariably was at his best during the highest-pressure moments

Now you're indulging in argumentum ad populum and argumentum ab auctoritate. Are you really gonna destroy your board persona for Michael Jordan?

I'm not doing much other than pointing out that there is a wealth of anecdotal and statistical evidence to demonstrate that Jordan was the greatest player of his era and was the individual most responsible for bringing SIX (6) NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago.

Your counterpoint is that Jordan is an asshole.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I am not persuaded by your ad hominem attacks.

Perhaps you should head to Australia so you can go have a good cry with Cabana Boy Longley and Second Banana Pippen (assuming he's not suffering from a stress-induced migraine). That's your thing now, right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:16 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Shots fired at Vegan!

He can be in the conversation but within Chicago and on this board as we all can see it's pure Chicago provincialism that feeds your case for Jordan as goat.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:26 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Another guy without an argument and without a clue. Please tell us again how we should care more about Jordan's poor record as owner of the Charlotte Hornets than we should about the SIX NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS he brought to Chicago as the most dominant player of his era. I could use a good laugh.

Jorr asked the same question I'm asking: why the focus on Jordan? Jordan is actually quite the loser without Pippen and grant/rodman. Check his poor record out prior to Pippen. When Pippen left the Bulls, he played in the conference finals while Jordan went to the wizards and smoked cigars for bad teams.

Jordan is the preferred star of neoliberal corporate interests given his tunnel vision focus on profit over all else. There are other equally accomplished and even more accomplished stars like Abdul Jabbar that neoliberals deliberately sideline because Abdul Jabbar's more urbane interests and political stances aren't as pro business as Jordan's was/is, so it seems like you've been swept up in this pro corporate agenda to push the business friendly candidate to the top of the mountain by embellishing his place in history. As part of this whole corporate project which you've unwittingly been looped into as an unpaid laborer, Chicagoans also diminish the contributions of other equally talented stars whose interests extend beyond selling 300$ sneakers to low income inner city consumers and punching teammates in the face.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next