It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Even Tall Midget sounds like someone who had ten posters of Jordan on the walls of his childhood bedroom.

Why are you using past tense

Another guy without an argument and without a clue. Please tell us again how we should care more about Jordan's poor record as owner of the Charlotte Hornets than we should about the SIX NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS he brought to Chicago as the most dominant player of his era. I could use a good laugh.

Jorr asked the same question I'm asking: why the focus on Jordan? Jordan is actually quite the loser without Pippen and grant/rodman. Check his poor record out prior to Pippen. When Pippen left the Bulls, he played in the conference finals while Jordan went to the wizards and smoked cigars for bad teams.
Pippen was the 3rd best player on a mediocre team. The great teammate then complained his way out of town with his formerly good buddy Barkley waving goodbye.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Even Tall Midget sounds like someone who had ten posters of Jordan on the walls of his childhood bedroom.

Another guy without an argument and without a clue. Please tell us again how we should care more about Jordan's poor record as owner of the Charlotte Hornets than we should about the SIX NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS he brought to Chicago as the most dominant player of his era. I could use a good laugh.

Jorr asked the same question I'm asking: why the focus on Jordan? Jordan is actually quite the loser without Pippen and grant/rodman. Check his poor record out prior to Pippen. When Pippen left the Bulls, he played in the conference finals while Jordan went to the wizards and smoked cigars for bad teams.
Pippen was the 3rd best player on a mediocre team. The great teammate then complained his way out of town with his formerly good buddy Barkley waving goodbye.

:lol:

Another brainwashed Jordan worshipper. Pippen made the playoffs for five consecutive years after leaving Chicago, including taking the Lakers to seven games in the western conference finals. He was part of revitalizing the basketball scene in Portland as part of the unheralded jail Blazers squad. Meanwhile Jordan went to Washington where his signature move was to cut the minutes of promising rookie Richard Hamilton so he could insert a 40 year old ball dominating free agent SG into the lineup (himself). Jordan never reached the playoffs post Chicago without Pippen by his side. Sorry to shake your faith.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Well, I don't think he's the undisputed "best that ever was..."
This is because you choose to live an alternate reality where this occurs, 600 Big Ten football players have heart problems, and Joe Biden was elected illegitimately.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Jordan is the preferred star of neoliberal corporate interests given his tunnel vision focus on profit over all else. There are other equally accomplished and even more accomplished stars like Abdul Jabbar that neoliberals deliberately sideline because Abdul Jabbar's more urbane interests and political stances aren't as pro business as Jordan's was/is, so it seems like you've been swept up in this pro corporate agenda to push the business friendly candidate to the top of the mountain by embellishing his place in history. As part of this whole corporate project which you've unwittingly been looped into as an unpaid laborer, Chicagoans also diminish the contributions of other equally talented stars whose interests extend beyond selling 300$ sneakers to low income inner city consumers and punching teammates in the face.

You are arguing against an imaginary interlocutor. I haven't said Jordan is the greatest player of all time. I've merely stated the obvious: that Jordan was the greatest player of his era and was therefore the person most responsible for bringing SIX (NBA) CHAMPIONSHIPS to Chicago. Are you honestly suggesting that Pippen was a better or more valuable player than Jordan? Even you can't possibly believe that. Your attempt to be a clever troll is simply making you look like an utter fool.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:32 pm 

Personally, I love the "getting crazier" era of the board, but I haven't yet created an appropriate name.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol:

Another brainwashed Jordan worshipper. Pippen made the playoffs for five consecutive years after leaving Chicago, including taking the Lakers to seven games in the western conference finals. He was part of revitalizing the basketball scene in Portland as part of the unheralded jail Blazers squad. Meanwhile Jordan went to Washington where his signature move was to cut the minutes of promising rookie Richard Hamilton so he could insert a 40 year old ball dominating free agent SG into the lineup (himself). Jordan never reached the playoffs post Chicago without Pippen by his side. Sorry to shake your faith.

Pippen didn't make the playoffs...he was a member of teams that made the playoffs. You might as well sing the praises of Derrick Fisher if that's your criteria. As for the Blazers, they were a 1st place team in the Pacific the year prior to Pippen joining them and then finished 2nd, 4th, 3rd and 3rd after. The "revitalization" of that team was the primarily due to the presence of Rasheed Wallace, Steve Smith and Stoudamire. Pippen was never more than the 3rd best player on those teams and was even surpassed by Bonzi Wells in the latter seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Personally, I love the "getting crazier" era of the board, but I haven't yet created an appropriate name.

I'm guessing that a meal in Madison this week end should help finalize one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:28 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Pippen didn't make the playoffs...he was a member of teams that made the playoffs. You might as well sing the praises of Derrick Fisher if that's your criteria. As for the Blazers, they were a 1st place team in the Pacific the year prior to Pippen joining them and then finished 2nd, 4th, 3rd and 3rd after. The "revitalization" of that team was the primarily due to the presence of Rasheed Wallace, Steve Smith and Stoudamire. Pippen was never more than the 3rd best player on those teams and was even surpassed by Bonzi Wells in the latter seasons.

Gotta respect to some degree all the unpaid labor you get to further advance Jordan's interests, that being the preservation of his image as the "GOAT" so new generations keep shooting each other to buy the latest Jordans and so generally all the sweet non-partisan royalty income keeps coming in.

TM and others mentioned several times that Jordan brought six titles here and you said nothing. Then when I make a similar claim about Pippen's role in his extensive non-Jordan playoff history and now you wanna bring your reading glasses out, stroke your beard ever so gently and micro-analyze his contributions to those teams. Yet you fail to bring that same analysis to the board's claims (which also mimic jordan's own narrative) that Jordan single-handedly with no help whatsoever brought "six championships to Chicago." This is the essence of the No Bull tour - that Jordan's narrative is full of crap - but thanks to all the unpaid labor you all are doing on Jordan's behalf he can be sure that this narrative remains alive and well in Chicago. I guess democrats get brainwashed, too.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Gotta respect to some degree all the unpaid labor you get to further advance Jordan's interests, that being the preservation of his image as the "GOAT" so new generations keep shooting each other to buy the latest Jordans and so generally all the sweet non-partisan royalty income keeps coming in.

TM and others mentioned several times that Jordan brought six titles here and you said nothing. Then when I make a similar claim about Pippen's role in his extensive non-Jordan playoff history and now you wanna bring your reading glasses out, stroke your beard ever so gently and micro-analyze his contributions to those teams. Yet you fail to bring that same analysis to the board's claims (which also mimic jordan's own narrative) that Jordan single-handedly with no help whatsoever brought "six championships to Chicago." This is the essence of the No Bull tour - that Jordan's narrative is full of crap - but thanks to all the unpaid labor you all are doing on Jordan's behalf he can be sure that this narrative remains alive and well in Chicago. I guess democrats get brainwashed, too.

I won't pretend to speak for Zippy, but he's already made the point that Pippen amounted to nothing more than a spare part on those Portland teams that you are celebrating in spite of the fact that they accomplished nothing. Once again, you are without an argument...and without a clue.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Veganfan, like Justin Fields, is a LeBron guy. They celebrate playoff appearances and trips to the Finals. You and C-Will understand that we generally measure the greats by championships and their play in big games/moments.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:

So Pippen was leading teams to great heights with a Per 36 In Those Post Jordan Years That was eerily similar to that of Patrick "The Paw" Williams. Who Vegan believes to be a "bust". Now there is solid analysis right there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
This thread has made me laugh more than I recall doing in a long, long time.

Frank gets a special shout-out for this gem....nicely played!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'll say this, those three are smart to do this in Australia.

If they do this in the states, Jordan will buy every ticket for opening night so that the three of them walk into a venue that is totally empty other than MJ himself sitting front row center smoking a cigar.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:27 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Thank you for noticing, belatedly.

It certainly was a culmination within the vein of a structure that Robert The Chief and myself saw visually when myself and he met in Copenhagen which is the capital of Denmark and rests on two islands. Obviously, not many people know that. Quite natually, it takes a more specialized-level of Geographical Education.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Michael Jeffrey Jordan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Thank you for noticing, belatedly.

It certainly was a culmination within the vein of a structure that Robert The Chief and myself saw visually when myself and he met in Copenhagen which is the capital of Denmark and rests on two islands. Obviously, not many people know that. Quite natually, it takes a more specialized-level of Geographical Education.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where ya been, Noisewater?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kap said none of the guys said a bad word about MJ.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU