It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MLB
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
While the NBA continues it's labor impasse, news came today of a 5 year labor agreement between Baseball players and owners. Included in the agreement is an expanded playoff format and testing for HGH (blood testing-not just urine as HGH cannot be detected from urine but can from blood). Good to know that Theo will not be deterred by labor woes in his quest to bring glory to the Northside.

Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Steve, did you see me trying to take your picture Friday night?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:46 am 

Darkside wrote:

Friday night?? I went out to dinner and then to see a movie Friday night with my wife. I don't remember seeing someone trying to take a picture though. I find it rather curious that you would be "trying" to take a picture though. Saw J. Edgar-good movie!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:08 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Friday night?? I went out to dinner and then to see a movie Friday night with my wife. I don't remember seeing someone trying to take a picture though. I find it rather curious that you would be "trying" to take a picture though. Saw J. Edgar-good movie!

You, or someone drunkenly driving your truck, was driving south on 53 at about 6ish? Your name was on the truck. I could post the picture if you like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Darkside wrote:

You, or someone drunkenly driving your truck, was driving south on 53 at about 6ish? Your name was on the truck. I could post the picture if you like.

Please do so, and let the PhotoShopping begin.

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:16 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I had been out in Winnetka on Friday, so that makes no sense. But if you have a picture of someone driving in one of the vehicles why do you say you were "trying to take a picture" rather than ...Did you take notice of me taking your picture? In any case, I don't think that person was me. Was there a point to your question?

Last edited by Elmhurst Steve on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 pm 

Mike Stivic wrote:
How awesome

You racist piece of shit

boy someone's letting their emotions get the better of them. mike stivic would come up with something better than that any day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
W_Z wrote:
Mike Stivic wrote:
How awesome

You racist piece of shit

boy someone's letting their emotions get the better of them. mike stivic would come up with something better than that any day.

He's just upset that Gloria ate the last Pudding Cup.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:58 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

I had been out in Winnetka on Friday, so that makes no sense. But if you have a picture of someone driving in one of the vehicles why do you say you were "trying to take a picture" rather than ...Did you take notice of me taking your picture? In any case, I don't think that person was me. Was there a point to your question?

Yeah, dick. I was asking if it was you. Then I asked if, had it been you, did you see me trying to take a picture because I would have thought that was funny, driving down the highway and seeing someone taking your picture then later realizing it was some guy from the message board you jerk off to. Well, fucking truck had your name on it. So I hope you know who was in it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:07 am 

so...the license plate said "ESTEVE" or was there a bumper sticker that read "elmhurst steve"?

j. edgar was not a good movie.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:19 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
While the NBA continues it's labor impasse, news came today of a 5 year labor agreement between Baseball players and owners. Included in the agreement is an expanded playoff format and testing for HGH (blood testing-not just urine as HGH cannot be detected from urine but can from blood). Good to know that Theo will not be deterred by labor woes in his quest to bring glory to the Northside.

Except the major changes in this new deal severely limit what Theo has had a lot of success in (Stockpiling draft picks, spending on the draft and spending abroad )

This deal could not have been worse for Theo

The playoff is dumb, the hgh test is ineffective and this deal screws up the cubs plans.

Nice shoutout

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:28 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Darko,
What gave it away that it was Steve's truck?

I am offended by this post...I have never purchased any red trucks. Plus I do not purchase pick-up trucks, as they leave tools/equiptment exposed to the elements.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:42 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Except the major changes in this new deal severely limit what Theo has had a lot of success in (Stockpiling draft picks, spending on the draft and spending abroad )

This deal could not have been worse for Theo

The playoff is dumb, the hgh test is ineffective and this deal screws up the cubs plans.
Nice shoutout

The playoff spots will generate more interest still towards the end of the regular season. But I agree that it was stupid. The biggest "problem" is the fact that teams will not be compensated with draft picks after losing type B free agents. Aramis Ramirez was deemed a type B free agent (as was Buehrle for the Sox). If this agreement goes into place immediately, both teams will lose out on a pick. However, as this is an extension to the collective bargaining agreement, I wonder if the changes might not go into effect until next year. You call the HGH blood test ineffective?? Based on what? The blood test to be used is supposed to be highly effective. A urine test would not be any use at all, but the blood test is supposed to be good.
The biggest reason for the shoutout though, is just knowing there will not be any threat of any stoppage in play and the work towards building a Championship team on the Northside by Epstein will not be interupted by labor issues.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:08 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
. You call the HGH blood test ineffective?? Based on what? The blood test to be used is supposed to be highly effective. A urine test would not be any use at all, but the blood test is supposed to be good.

They are only testing once at the begginning of the season and it takes about 10 days to get out of the blood. Only dumb guys will get caught.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:22 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
. You call the HGH blood test ineffective?? Based on what? The blood test to be used is supposed to be highly effective. A urine test would not be any use at all, but the blood test is supposed to be good.

They are only testing once at the begginning of the season and it takes about 10 days to get out of the blood. Only dumb guys will get caught.

MLB is the first major athletic organization to implement testing for HGH. For that alone a shoutout is appropriate. The effectiveness of the testing and methodology implemented may certainly change as time goes on.

As for the draft picks teams get as compensation for lost free agents-there really is not drastic change. If a team offers even a 1 year contract to a player to be eligible for free agency, they will get a compensatory pick. They do NOT have to offer arbitration anymore, just a 1 year contract. It might actually be advantageous to owners as the amount a player might get in arbitration is very likely to be more than they will have to offer in a 1 year deal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:33 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

MLB is the first major athletic organization to implement testing for HGH. For that alone a shoutout is appropriate. The effectiveness of the testing and methodology implemented may certainly change as time goes on.

As for the draft picks teams get as compensation for lost free agents-there really is not drastic change. If a team offers even a 1 year contract to a player to be eligible for free agency, they will get a compensatory pick. They do NOT have to offer arbitration anymore, just a 1 year contract. It might actually be advantageous to owners as the amount a player might get in arbitration is very likely to be more than they will have to offer in a 1 year deal.

There are now caps on how many picks you can have and how much you can spend. There were no caps before.

Bad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Magliozzi's
Pretty much everyone agrees on how awful this is. Steve knows better though.