It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Floyd Mayweather!
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:28 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Purposely got his ass kicked to give the fans a good fight. Great job, Floyd!

Post subject: Re: Floyd Mayweather!
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:53 pm 

Theo's favorite fighter

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
GOAT

Gotta give Maindana some respect though. I didn't think he had a shot but he gave Mayweather all that he could handle.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Maindana is 100 loses away from his first title belt.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Maidana was effectively wild. Unlike Bradley when he fought Pac Man he was able to sustain his aggressiveness for the most part. Mayweather is too good of a boxer though. He landed more punches than Maidana even though Maidana threw twice as many. Activity looks good but it won't win a lot of fights. 46 have tried and 46 have failed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Nas wrote:
46 have tried and 46 have failed.

He should fight that 47th guy.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:43 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Purposely got his ass kicked to give the fans a good fight. Great job, Floyd!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You clearly don't know shit about boxing.

Maidana rushed him, throwing wild windmill punches and hitting glove, elbow and shoulder the whole night. Not clean, not effective.

He barely landed a handful of clean punches, whereas almost everything Floyd landed was clean, and those body shots Floyd was slangin were definitely effective.

I had it just like the 3rd judge - 117-111 FM.

Ring Magazine had it 118-110 Floyd, but I guess they don't know what the fuck they are talking about, either.

You don't know shit about boxing if you really believe that if that had been a fight between Jake Drake and Pedro Boxeo it would have been scored 118-110. That's absolutely ridiculous. But I'm not complaining about the result. Of course when you have an undefeated champion you're going to have to leave him dead on the canvass to win the fight. And maybe even then he outpoints you. (That's also probably one of the reasons that boxing is considered a joke by a whole lot of modern sports fans.)

I'm talking about what dumbass Mayweather actually said himself after the fight. He literally stated that he purposely got pounded because the fans wanted to see action rather than his usual watching-paint-dry fighting style. And if you actually believe that, you don't know shit about human beings either. This was the beginning of the end for Mayweather. If he wants to keep his precious zero he better not fight too many more times. And I suspect he won't. Sure, he may make a rematch of that fight. Maidana isn't going to beat him. And Mayweather isn't going to fight anyone who actually has a chance to beat him. Who is the best guy Mayweather has ever beaten anyway? You can call him the "greatest of all time" or whatever you want, but he ducked the best guy he could have fought and he will always have a huge hole in his resume. Since you know so much about boxing, who is the other great fighter who ducked his most serious potential opponent?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:14 am 
100000 CLUB

Manny just woke up a couple months ago. It's about time you let that one go. Mayweather has beaten everyone that really wanted to fight him. Marquez was beaten easily. Mayweather didn't get put to sleep and there was no need for a rematch.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:20 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Manny just woke up a couple months ago. It's about time you let that one go. Mayweather has beaten everyone that really wanted to fight him. Marquez was beaten easily. Mayweather didn't get put to sleep and there was no need for a rematch.

Are you saying Marquez was his signature win? Wow! What an all-time great!

Maybe he can make a rematch with Ortiz and hit him again when he isn't looking. Mayweather is a dishonorable fuck. (And a friend of Justin Bieber.) The best moment from Saturday night was when Mayweather tried to tap gloves with Maidana and Maidana came right over the top on him.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:26 am 
100000 CLUB

No. I'm saying Mayweather destroyed the guy who put Manny to sleep and should have won the decision in another one of their fights. Don't hate the best fighter of this generation and the greatest defensive fighter of all time.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:37 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
No. I'm saying Mayweather destroyed the guy who put Manny to sleep and should have won the decision in another one of their fights. Don't hate the best fighter of this generation and the greatest defensive fighter of all time.

Pacquaio made a mistake and got caught by a big punch when he was on his way to beating the guy for a third time. It happens. Of course it's less likely to happen to a guy like Mayweather who usually acts like he's out there avoiding a fight rather than fighting. He actually fought on Saturday and came out looking like a wet rag at the end.

Again, I'm not arguing with the result of the fight. But it's silly to hide from reality. Mayweather looked like an exhausted old man after the fight and Maidana looked like he came out of a spa and was ready to go another twelve rounds. It's okay. Getting old happens to everyone. Except Bernard Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I enjoy HEAVYWEIGHT boxing. Watching guys this small fight is about as comical as midget tossing.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:11 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Again, he could have very easily "ran" and jabbed his way through this fight, but he knows that the world would think that he was a pussy if he did that, so he put his skills at avoiding taking direct shots on full display.

But I don't think he can have it both ways. The guy who is considered one of the greatest is the guy who runs and jabs, not the guy we saw on Saturday mixing it up. He took plenty of direct shots in that fight, Sure, Madiana landed a lower percentage than Mayweather. I don't think anyone would argue that Maidana is a better fighter than Mayweather. If they fight again, it won't be as close. But I doubt Mayweather will slug it out if there is a next time.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:12 am 
Site Admin

jimmypasta wrote:
I enjoy HEAVYWEIGHT boxing. Watching guys this small fight is about as comical as midget tossing.

You're right, jimmy! Watching two big goofs hanging on each other is scintillating entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
You could see that he was having fun in there the ENTIRE TIME.

He took the first 3 rounds to time Maidana, like he always does, and, once he timed him, that's when Maidana started head-butting and pulling out all of the stops. Maidana never once even came close to hurting him. Never once.

That's wrong. When Mayweather got cut he was in a panic. He didn't expect this fight to go the way it did. And he wasn't cut by an intentional head-butt. Guys's heads hit each other. That shit happens when you actually fight rather than dancing around like a fairy.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:28 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Again, he could have very easily "ran" and jabbed his way through this fight, but he knows that the world would think that he was a pussy if he did that, so he put his skills at avoiding taking direct shots on full display.

But I don't think he can have it both ways. The guy who is considered one of the greatest is the guy who runs and jabs, not the guy we saw on Saturday mixing it up. He took plenty of direct shots in that fight, Sure, Madiana landed a lower percentage than Mayweather. I don't think anyone would argue that Maidana is a better fighter than Mayweather. If they fight again, it won't be as close. But I doubt Mayweather will slug it out if there is a next time.

He supposedly only has 3 fights left until retirement, Joe, so I think he is trying to transform himself into a slugger. Boxing is going that way anyway, pushed by blood-hungry commentators like Kellerman who are systematically shaming traditional technical boxers in favor of face-first thuggery.

Again, with Floyd's brittle hands, he will likely not be able to give murderfests in his final 3 fights (if he retires at the end), but I think even he wanted to try.

Nobody discounts Mayweather's technical skills as a boxer. He's just not very interesting to watch in most instances. And if we're getting into a conversation of "the greatest of all-time", there have been guys who were technicians who could also take the fight to their opponent.

To me, Pernell Whitaker is a similar guy to Mayweather and probably a more effective offensive fighter. There's a guy who was robbed of some big decisions too.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:43 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
This article gives a pretty accurate accounting: http://boxingnews.boxingsociety.com/new ... fight.html

I find it interesting that Floyd even allowed Maidana to come in so heavy - almost 20 lbs! To me, THAT is why Maidana was able to weather Mayweather's punches, but, again, usually Floyd's team finds a way to avoid such disparities.

Well, a lot of that article is correct but you can see it's written with a slant when a guy calls Maidana "a 164 pound bully". :lol: :lol: The greatest of all time got bullied? They made they fight and he came in heavy. It is what it is.

As far as fighting "dirty" is concerned, there's a lot of definitions of that word. I hardly think a guy who hit Ortiz when he wasn't looking should be whining about "dirty" fighting. And yeah, Ortiz should have been looking, but that doesn't restore Mayweather's honor. And it's the referee's job to handle real dirty fighting and low blows. Frankly, Tony Weeks broke them up more than once when Maidana had a free hand and was pummeling Mayweather along the ropes. And as was illustrated clearly in the Khan fight, if you keep grabbing a guy and pushing his head down, you might just take a low blow. I'm not sure who is "fighting dirty" in such an instance.