It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Le Bron James
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:44 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
What he did wasn't selfless. Cleveland is in much better shape. How is he winning everyone over?
I don't think it was selfless. It is just him undoing much of the stuff that made me originally not like him after being a big fan.

If I was mad at him for what he did 4 years ago, don't I have to be impressed with what he did today?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
What he did wasn't selfless. Cleveland is in much better shape. How is he winning everyone over?
I don't think it was selfless. It is just him undoing much of the stuff that made me originally not like him after being a big fan.

If I was mad at him for what he did 4 years ago, don't I have to be impressed with what he did today?

What made you angry. The frontrunner stuff or unprofessional conduct in leaving Cleveland, or both? Only one is not true today.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I don't think so. His prime years were left in Miami. It's not like he undid 2010.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
There might not be a more pointless franchise in sports than the Minnesota Timberwolves. At least shitty irrelevant NHL teams allow for howls of how undeserving the city is of top-level hockey. The T-Wolves just sit there doing nothing forever.

Did you forget there is the Milwaukee Bucks? :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Curious Hair wrote:
There might not be a more pointless franchise in sports than the Minnesota Timberwolves. At least shitty irrelevant NHL teams allow for howls of how undeserving the city is of top-level hockey. The T-Wolves just sit there doing nothing forever.

sit there doing nothing ? what does that even mean ?
i'm sure it doesn't need to be pointed out to anyone that Minnesota isn't a top free agent destination
they managed to keep and groom 1 superstar in his prime (KG) that unfortunately didn't lead to a title but they made a pretty strong effort in those years to do what they could to surround him with some talent. and not saying they were right in the Joe Smith fiasco because they obviously weren't, but they got punished harshly for something nearly every other team does
and no doubt i've been a Love fan all these years but i think he's being a little bitch here with the whining about how it breaks his heart that they haven't made the playoffs in 6 years. well don't you suppose as the leader of the team you're somewhat responsible for that ? if you want to take the stance that he isn't a #1 guy on a team, than fine. but as someone who watched a fair share of Wolves games the past few years, Love struggles to get his own shot in the closing moments and while he certainly is a fine outside shooter, more often than not he ends up heaving long range shots as the shot clock is winding down. he's supposed to the be the #1 guy and can't even get his team to the playoffs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Did you forget there is the Milwaukee Bucks? :oops:

They're in the neighborhood, but the T-Wolves since 2004 are unmatched in their irrelevance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

sit there doing nothing ? what does that even mean ?
i'm sure it doesn't need to be pointed out to anyone that Minnesota isn't a top free agent destination
they managed to keep and groom 1 superstar in his prime (KG) that unfortunately didn't lead to a title but they made a pretty strong effort in those years to do what they could to surround him with some talent. and not saying they were right in the Joe Smith fiasco because they obviously weren't, but they got punished harshly for something nearly every other team does
and no doubt i've been a Love fan all these years but i think he's being a little bitch here with the whining about how it breaks his heart that they haven't made the playoffs in 6 years. well don't you suppose as the leader of the team you're somewhat responsible for that ? if you want to take the stance that he isn't a #1 guy on a team, than fine. but as someone who watched a fair share of Wolves games the past few years, Love struggles to get his own shot in the closing moments and while he certainly is a fine outside shooter, more often than not he ends up heaving long range shots as the shot clock is winding down. he's supposed to the be the #1 guy and can't even get his team to the playoffs

To be fair to Love if your GM thinks it's a good move to use back to back lottery picks on two PGs, then your team is going to suck no matter how great you may be.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

What made you angry. The frontrunner stuff or unprofessional conduct in leaving Cleveland, or both? Only one is not true today.

Unprofessional conduct starting BEFORE he left Cleveland.

He was allowed to use the Cavs as his playground. Then he quit on them in the playoffs. Played a bunch of teams even though he knew he was going to the Heat. And then the cherry on top was "The Decision"

But all is forgiven. Witness "The King" :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:07 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

To be fair to Love if your GM thinks it's a good move to use back to back lottery picks on two PGs, then your team is going to suck no matter how great you may be.

oh they've definitely made some bone headed moves, not denying that
Rubio obviously has some glaring weaknesses, but i still think he's worked out pretty well so far
K-Mart was decent
Pekovic has been very solid for the most part
lot of the bench guys they picked up who could have been useful have been mostly injured- Budinger, Barea, etc.

they have a decent team though. how is it with Goran Dragic leading the way the Suns were better than the Wolves ? i guess i'm saying i think Love is somewhat overrated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:08 pm 

and for all the talk about frontrunning with Lebron, where does that leave Love if he forces a trade to team up with Lebron and the Cavs ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Unprofessional conduct starting BEFORE he left Cleveland.

He was allowed to use the Cavs as his playground. Then he quit on them in the playoffs. Played a bunch of teams even though he knew he was going to the Heat. And then the cherry on top was "The Decision"

But all is forgiven. Witness "The King" :D

I'm with you KW and leash. This doesn't undo everything,

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm 

Bagels wrote:
and for all the talk about frontrunning with Lebron, where does that leave Love if he forces a trade to team up with Lebron and the Cavs ?

Same thing yes, but might be only way to compete for him.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:17 pm 

ESPN reporting that the Cavs and Heat found out about this the same way we did, and that the Heat were shocked. I don't find it plausible but if true: :lol:

Brick does this give you second thoughts on rejoining the LBJ fan club?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:19 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I hated pretty much everything about the move. I hate how he joined Wade's team. I hate how he refused to take the challenge to beat Wade and instead teamed up with a guy who had already won a title as the best player on the team. I obviously hated The Decision but he basically said it was a mistake in his letter too. I hated how I followed Lebron since high school, and that I missed out on the chance to see him take a team and build it into a champion.

I understand some of the criticism is still valid but this changed a lot of stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
veganfan21 wrote:
ESPN reporting that the Cavs and Heat found out about this the same way we did, and that the Heat were shocked. I don't find it plausible but if true: :lol:

This just keeps getting better... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:22 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Lebron met with Riley and Wade prior to it. Shocked probably describes the fact that they thought this would never happen. When Lebron didn't tell either of them he was coming back they should have had an idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's something that's pretty awesome.

The Cavs ended up doing a sign and trade with Lebron once he choose the Heat 4 years ago.

Guess what? Fuckin' Pat Riley gave the Cavs next year's #1 pick thinking who gives a shit, it's gonna be in the high 20s anyway.

Now the Heat are gonna have the worst record in the NBA and it very well could be the #1 overall pick for the Cavs.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 pm 

Lebron James has now completely dismantled two franchises.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 pm 

Beardown wrote:

The Cavs ended up doing a sign and trade with Lebron once he choose the Heat 4 years ago.

Guess what? Fuckin' Pat Riley gave the Cavs next year's #1 pick thinking who gives a shit, it's gonna be in the high 20s anyway.

Now the Heat are gonna have the worst record in the NBA and it very well could be the #1 overall pick for the Cavs.

breaking news

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:29 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Beardown wrote:

breaking news

Yeah, I think Beardown is part parrot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:31 pm 

Beardown wrote:

amazing...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:33 pm 

Beardown needs to take a few days off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:34 pm 

Here's something pretty awesome....

:lol:
dope...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:38 pm 

Well Kyrie and Waiters can stop fighting over whose team it is now.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

The twitter machine is saying that the Heat #1 pick next year is top-10 protected.

spanky wrote:
The twitter machine is saying that the Heat #1 pick next year is top-10 protected.

I'm gonna wait for a few more tweets...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:39 pm 

spanky wrote:

Yeah they get an unprotected pick from Miami in 16-17.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Krazy Ivan wrote:
spanky wrote:

I'm gonna wait for a few more tweets...

2014-2015 unprotected.
2015-2016 top-10 protected
2016-2017 unprotected.

boom shaka laka.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
No money for charity? Denied.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

spanky wrote:

That's not what I read, but maybe they were wrong.