It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SPIRIT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
I've cattle car on SWA for so long. Post divorce I was living Up In Air for a while. Mainly SWA. I just stopped caring. Is Spirit a good option over that mess? I only care about getting there on time and not losing luggage. United lost my bags in Maui and I was pissed.

under 5'8" I would say Spirit is a good choice, or pay for the Big boy seats

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
bigfan wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
I've cattle car on SWA for so long. Post divorce I was living Up In Air for a while. Mainly SWA. I just stopped caring. Is Spirit a good option over that mess? I only care about getting there on time and not losing luggage. United lost my bags in Maui and I was pissed.

under 5'8" I would say Spirit is a good choice, or pay for the Big boy seats

I'll check it out next time. Although I am 5'7" I'll still get the big boy seats. Fookin roids and only a 20 bones upgrade.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I don't think this woman will ever fly Spirit again.

From http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... ?track=rss

Quote:
Jefferson Park woman dies on plane trip home

A 59-year-old Northwest Side woman died on an airplane on her way home from Florida on Tuesday afternoon, officials said.

Santa Teresa Robles Morales was pronounced dead on the scene at O'Hare International Airport at 1:24 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

An autopsy Wednesday determined Robles Morales, of the 5100 block of North Lovejoy Avenue in the Jefferson Park neighborhood, died of heart disease and diabetes, according to the medical examiner's office. Her death was ruled natural.

The woman was onboard a flight from Tampa with her adult son, Spirit Airlines spokesman Paul Berry said.

"She became unresponsive," said Berry, who added that flight attendants were alerted and that normal procedures were followed, including asking if there were any medical personnel aboard.

"There was a doctor on board, and the doctor began taking care of the ailing passenger," Berry said.

Airline staffers followed the doctor's lead and gave her emergency supplies, including a defibrillator and an oxygen kit, he said.

"The defibrillator was working fine, but it was not usable on the patient," Berry said.

"She continued compressions and told our flight attendants we need to get on the ground as quickly as possible," he said.

"We declared an emergency and got priority clearance to land, but prior to landing, the doctor informed our flight attendant that the woman was dead," Berry said. "Emergency medical personnel met the plane and came on the plane and took the passenger off."

After the plane landed, the doctor went in an ambulance with the woman to a nearby hospital, Berry said.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:48 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I look forward to more of that topically irreverent copywriting from Spirit.

"Dying to get away this winter? You're not the only one. Heart-stoppingly cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale mean you'll be found unresponsive to business calls and emails as you enjoy all that South Florida has to offer. With such warm weather in January, it'll be like you've died and gone to heaven! Fly Spirit and enjoy the savings we pass on to you, but hurry: these deals have a limited lifespan and are set to expire any day. So fly with us and die as you've lived: letting giant companies trample your dignity for the illusion of saving a few bucks you'll probably just spend at a gas station anyway. We're wacky!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:26 am 
1000 CLUB

There were times back in 2007-2009 where Spirit was, well, an airline I flew regularly. I would take advantage of the $9 fares. If I needed to check bags they were $5 each way. Now the only way I would fly Spirit is if I were doing a day trip or overnighter where I could pack my underseat bag. No way will I pay for a carryon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:40 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
21$ to check a bag. I am fine with that, if I get a flight for $288 rd trip to vegas...

Oh and some crayzy cheap flights to PHX for like $98.

I think you're overpaying to go to Vegas.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Curious Hair wrote:
I look forward to more of that topically irreverent copywriting from Spirit.

"Dying to get away this winter? You're not the only one. Heart-stoppingly cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale mean you'll be found unresponsive to business calls and emails as you enjoy all that South Florida has to offer. With such warm weather in January, it'll be like you've died and gone to heaven! Fly Spirit and enjoy the savings we pass on to you, but hurry: these deals have a limited lifespan and are set to expire any day. So fly with us and die as you've lived: letting giant companies trample your dignity for the illusion of saving a few bucks you'll probably just spend at a gas station anyway. We're wacky!"

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
With credit to C_Howitt_Fealz...
http://instagram.com/passengershaming