It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SPIRIT
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The 'Our fares were hacked" BARE FARE! The for some reason has upset the Twitterverse!
Besides the non recliners, Spirit consistantly offers the lowest fares to Vegas and the most options. Yes, even when you add up the extras and get the big pseudo first class seats, still come out ahead. Maybe you dont get the worst meal you ever had and you need to pay $5 for a diet coke, still. least expensive!

Post subject: Re: SPIRIT
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
The idiom "Get what you pay for" is all to fitting for Spirit.

Flew them once from Vegas home and it'll be the last time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:37 pm 

I will skip the fine meals they serve on the other airlines. Unless I am flying 10 hours, I dont need to be served a full meal on a plane. Not sure when this become a necessary part of travel.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:40 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I will skip the fine meals they serve on the other airlines. Unless I am flying 10 hours, I dont need to be served a full meal on a plane. Not sure when this become a necessary part of travel.

It was until the early '80s. Until Peoples Express, Southwest & Midway (which unlike the other two, actually served good food & was a great airline) came into a well publicized presence.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I flew Spirit twice. I think we saved $20 total before we got on the plane. Once you include a beer or two...you're back to even.

Get a United Mileage Plus credit card and you will never use any other airline again. We're already up to 5 one-way flights. Double points when you purchase a United flight on the card. boom.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Kirkwood wrote:

Fuck yes. I can't stand them. I've had awful experiences with Spirit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:44 pm 

The meals aren't the thing. No leg room? Fine. Charge for baggage and carry-on? Fine.

But I hate late planes. Like 3 hours bored as hell in a Vegas airport late. B/c the flight from San Diego was late!!! They run their planes and pilots to the max. One hiccup and everything is messed up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Kirkwood wrote:

Same on all counts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:45 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I don't think most domestic coach flights include meals any more. I can't remember being on any that have. They may include a snack box and a drink.

I've heard nothing but horrible things about Spirit. I won't even consider them. Is the money you saved worth it? Do you also stay at Circus Circus in Vegas?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:47 pm 

$106 less on the ticket I booked 2 days ago.

I am fine flying United and have a mileage card, but will use those tickets when I want to go somewhere when it is freezing here and somehow the ticket prices to fly are just higher....hmmm?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
The meals aren't the thing. No leg room? Fine. Charge for baggage and carry-on? Fine.

But I hate late planes. Like 3 hours bored as hell in a Vegas airport late. B/c the flight from San Diego was late!!! They run their planes and pilots to the max. One hiccup and everything is messed up.

Yep. We were delayed like 4-5 hours from here to Boston. Apparently the plane we needed to take had a bird fly into its engine. So they flew the plane to Chicago, emptied it, flew it to Minnesota to be fixed, then flew it back to pick up those people, took people to wherever they were originally going, then flew it back to Chicago to take us all to Boston. Spirit Airlines, everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:51 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Didn't you have to pay bag fees though? It looks like I'd be charged $70 for my carry-on bags alone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I fly Spirit fairly often because they have cheap flights from O'Hare to Lauderdale. Whatever, it's not my dime, so that side of it doesn't bother me. I've flown Delta, American, and US Airways and been just as uncomfortable and cranky on there as I have on Spirit. The real problem is the passengers. This wraps back around to the wear-a-sport-coat thing, but when the airline treats its passengers with such little dignity, they treat one another with the same lack of dignity, and then I find myself sitting next to a fat person who not only neglected to bathe but also elected to purchase a cup of Ramen noodles and snarf them down in close quarters before getting up to piss twice in one flight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
bigfan wrote:
I will skip the fine meals they serve on the other airlines.
Most airlines don't even offer meals on flights of less than 4-5 hours and even the ones that charge you $10 for a snack box with chips and a premade sammich. Fail.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
doug - evergreen park wrote:
I flew Spirit twice. I think we saved $20 total before we got on the plane. Once you include a beer or two...you're back to even.

Get a United Mileage Plus credit card and you will never use any other airline again. We're already up to 5 one-way flights. Double points when you purchase a United flight on the card. boom.

United should give you double points AT LEAST. Their prices are so high its ridiculous. If they didn't have some much business traffic, they would have folded long ago.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
bigfan wrote:
I will skip the fine meals they serve on the other airlines.
Most airlines don't even offer meals on flights of less than 4-5 hours and even the ones that charge you $10 for a snack box with chips and a premade sammich. Fail.

Yep. The only time I can remember an in-flight meal within the last seven years was our flight to Europe last year. Haven't seen it on any domestic flights.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:55 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Didn't you have to pay bag fees though? It looks like I'd be charged $70 for my carry-on bags alone.

I think my bag is $10, $20 unless you are in the "9$ club"!!!!!!

Yes, I stay at the Lady Luck and eat at the Cortez room for the 2 for 1 Prime Rib specials.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:57 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Yes, I stay at the Lady Luck and eat at the Cortez room for the 2 for 1 Prime Rib specials.
http://www.spirit.com/optionalservices
That link says $35 each way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
bigfan wrote:

http://www.spirit.com/optionalservices
That link says $35 each way.

I checked in my weekend carry-on bag at $30 b/c of their shitty pricing. There should be no reason a checked-in bag is the $45 at online kiosk before security and $100 at the gate. Miserable predatory pricks.

For example, if you were to book Spirit through Kayak you aren't given the option to add-on carry-on or checked luggage. There is only a warning you might be subject to a fee. Right off the bat Spirit will make $10 more since you'll buy at the gate. They bank on that kind of crap.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:08 pm 

21$ to check a bag. I am fine with that, if I get a flight for $288 rd trip to vegas...

Oh and some crayzy cheap flights to PHX for like $98.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
So sensitive...bigfan didn't like my Vegas gif :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:09 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
I checked in my weekend carry-on bag at $30 b/c of their shitty pricing. There should be no reason a checked-in bag is the $45 at online kiosk before security and $100 at the gate. Miserable predatory pricks.
That really is amazing.

It's like they basically are saying "We hate you".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:10 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Same on all counts.

May I ask what issue you had that was so bad?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:11 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
That really is amazing.

It's like they basically are saying "We hate you".

That has to be a really shitty place to work. If they treat their customers with the contempt that they do, imagine how they treat the employees.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:11 pm 

I am against all Carry on bags and I am surprised the FAA still allows it.

A backpack, small bag, purse, man purse, etc is fine and can be easily checked.

check your luggage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:14 pm 

Such a bad airline and pisses off so many people stock price has risen from 25 to $40 in a year.

Kind of like how bad M&H is, but the ratings continue to be good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I am against all Carry on bags and I am surprised the FAA still allows it.

A backpack, small bag, purse, man purse, etc is fine and can be easily checked.

check your luggage.

The worst part is how everyone seems to have one yet no one seems to have them near their own seats, so you can't disembark the plane because everyone's just standing up waiting to get to their shit. Where are these people going and what are they doing that they can fly to Fort Lauderdale and points beyond with these tiny little suitcases?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Such a bad airline and pisses off so many people stock price has risen from 25 to $40 in a year.

Kind of like how bad M&H is, but the ratings continue to be good.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=88880#p2067711

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The worst part is how everyone seems to have one yet no one seems to have them near their own seats, so you can't disembark the plane because everyone's just standing up waiting to get to their shit. Where are these people going and what are they doing that they can fly to Fort Lauderdale and points beyond with these tiny little suitcases?
I hate checking bags. You have to worry about long lines to check it. I waited 1.5 hours to check my bags at LGA once. You have to wait for your bags afterwards. Let me grab my bag and walk out the door.

Any man should be able to pack for any trip of 4 or less days with one carry-on bag.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:19 pm 

I can rip on a guy for not showing up, dont think it changed the ratings.