It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PAAATTTTMANEEELLY
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Bringing it on the A Hole HUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Podcast if you missed it..10:07 AM...

Lotsa credit! called him out on numerous issues!

Post subject: Re: PAAATTTTMANEEELLY
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:13 am 

Let me guess. Mannelly sticking up for his friends on the Bears?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:18 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Let me guess. Mannelly sticking up for his friends on the Bears?

Nobody in particular, it was Hubs article about football players having easy lives and working out a few hours then watching some tape anfd how easy it is....Mannelly called him out on how hard he worked...and he added he was just a long snapper, but even rehabbing a hip and then and ACL...then going to play with a new hip and taking the shots to be able to play...Mannelly continued that the real OL guys take a huge beating.

Mannelly brough it....when Hub said "NFL players don't work hard".......just to add, Hub went silent....so you know, he was beaten down.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:19 am 

Hub said NFL players have it easy? That is just dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
http://www.chicagofootball.com/2014/10/ ... hg/?page=1

I guess this is the relevant part:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let’s be absolutely clear: This is not just about Lamarr Houston. Less than 24 hours after Houston recommended a new lunch menu for Bears fans, safety George Ioka of the Bengals told fans after their beloved got royally spanked in New England, “Let them jump off (the bandwagon), I'm not worried about the people who jump off. We don't want them as fans anyway.”

Bengals offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth went a step further, saying, “That stuff's just garbage, I'm not worried about the fans or the media or any of that crap.”

Are these guys really that dumb, or just that spoiled?

The only reason Houston, Ioka, Whitworth and most of the players in the NFL are making so much money for playing a game that they’ll probably never have to work a day in their lives is, they’ve been lucky. They won the gene pool.

It makes me crazy when I hear about how hard these guys work. I’m sorry, but exercising (call it working out if you prefer) four, five or six hours a day around four, five or six times a week, then practicing a game a couple hours a day a few days a week and then watching video tape of your games just isn’t that hard.

Fans owe players absolutely nothing. That is not a hard reality to grasp or understand.

I do have a simple answer for a large chunk of this player ignorance. Just make a rule that NFL players can’t use their Twitter accounts in season.

Show me one positive that has ever come from a player tweeting or responding to tweets during the season?

Houston has apparently acknowledged his mistake since letting his thumbs take off without engaging his brain. But is he just sorry for the social media firestorm he set off? Will he avoid the temptation to vent on Twitter next time?

Does he actually get that Bears fans owe him nothing while he owes them everything?

How many of you out there would like to join me in showing these kids what hard work really is?

These young people have an incredible God-given gift: their size, strength, speed and athleticism. It’s not something you can buy or go out and find, it’s given to them. Playing with that gift is a blessing, not the back-breaking work players make it out to be.

Showing your gratitude for that gift by dumping on the real hard–working people who spend their earnings to make your gift so incredibly valuable, worth tens of millions of dollars, is just the height of stupidity and arrogance.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

he wrote it, he said it and then said it again...

PM "You said we don't workhard as players"
HUB 'I didn't say that"
PM" Ugh, you just said it 2 seconds ago"
HUB "Well if I wrote it and said it, I mistakingly did so"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:30 am 

It makes me crazy when I hear about how hard these guys work. I’m sorry, but exercising (call it working out if you prefer) four, five or six hours a day around four, five or six times a week, then practicing a game a couple hours a day a few days a week and then watching video tape of your games just isn’t that hard.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Where did Hub play his O-Line at?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:39 am 

14 year old Big Fan talking to Hub.

BF: "You know you should have a fantasy football section in the PFW, every one of my friends play it"
HUB : "That's just a game for kids, we try to focus on the real game"

(wondering if the source is good enough for some people?)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Yeah, I can't believe Hub put that in print. It would be one thing if at some point in time Hub were an
elite athlete or former player but Pat was having none of it. Good for him. I already liked the job that
Pat was doing but I like the fact that he isn't afraid to go toe to toe with someone on the air.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:46 am 

After it was all done, Hub even showing more of what a dick he is....starts with the "As long as we are getting things off our chest...I took issue with what you said about Devin and Peppers"

It was nothing, it was about keeping them or not.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
Yeah, I can't believe Hub put that in print. It would be one thing if at some point in time Hub were an
elite athlete or former player but Pat was having none of it. Good for him. I already liked the job that
Pat was doing but I like the fact that he isn't afraid to go toe to toe with someone on the air.

Has to take on Grimace more. Needs to make it The Mannely show with Speigel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:49 am 

If you are even moderately successful in life you wouldn't actually want to trade with a large majority of NFL players.

It seemed like it would be great to be Brett Favre until you realize he is in his middle 40s and he has trouble finishing sentences.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
After it was all done, Hub even showing more of what a dick he is....starts with the "As long as we are getting things off our chest...I took issue with what you said about Devin and Peppers"

The way Houston and Rodeo Joe are playing, the Bears would have better off keeping Peppers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Hub has a problem with gross generalizations. I would say Pat Mannelly had a pretty cushy work-life to date. I'd love to work out in a gym for a couple hours/day. Unfortunately I'm chained to a laptop and flying in the back of the plane.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:59 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Hub has a problem with gross generalizations. I would say Pat Mannelly had a pretty cushy work-life to date. I'd love to work out in a gym for a couple hours/day. Unfortunately I'm chained to a laptop and flying in the back of the plane.
Yeah, but your brain still works.

Oh.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I have CTE from talking White Sox with Frank.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:

:lol: I heard that too. Hub is such a penis.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If you are even moderately successful in life you wouldn't actually want to trade with a large majority of NFL players.

It seemed like it would be great to be Brett Favre until you realize he is in his middle 40s and he has trouble finishing sentences.

Was he a particularly adept orator in his mid-20s?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:07 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Was he a particularly adept orator in his mid-20s?
For a guy from the South he was.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't know, I go back and forth. They're different kinds of people and what's hard to me isn't necessarily hard to them. For every Dan Hampton or Brett Favre who played for 15 years and had 25 surgeries, there are hundreds of guys who played for a few uneventful years, had some fun and made pretty decent money while doing it.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Wasn't Hub the guy who fought putting out an on-line edition of his family's magazine? The same Hub whose family business had zero web presence, almost up to the time the final bankruptcy nail was being presented?

The former mouthpiece for Michael McCaskey really ought to have learned to choose his words and fights a bit more carefully.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:17 am 

DannyB wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't know, I go back and forth. They're different kinds of people and what's hard to me isn't necessarily hard to them. For every Dan Hampton or Brett Favre who played for 15 years and had 25 surgeries, there are hundreds of guys who played for a few uneventful years, had some fun and made pretty decent money while doing it.
Those people still need to get normal jobs though. A guy like Hunter Hillenmeyer didn't play that long and has some potential long term issues.

I think a great example is Jahvid Best. He's a guy who had a short NFL career, didn't make enough money to be set for his life, and will almost certainly have issues down the line if he doesn't already.

The NFL seems like a great ride while you are playing but you pay a heavy price as soon as it is done. The only true winners are the ones that give their family generational wealth by the sacrifices they've made.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:22 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The NFL seems like a great ride while you are playing but you pay a heavy price as soon as it is done. The only true winners are the ones that give their family generational wealth by the sacrifices they've made.

Ironic considering that Hub got into the business off of the coattails of his own father.

It amazes me how quick he is to bite the hands that continue to feed him. Yet another member of the (relatively) lucky sperm club exposed as little more than an ungrateful leech.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
DannyB wrote:

The ones who play for a few uneventful years don't make life changing money. They have to work after football. They also had to work hard to get on or stay on those teams.

I think working out for 4-6 hours a day would be hard.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
They don't? If they play for 5 years at league minimum, that is close to $2million. If they are smart about it, that can (and maybe should be) life changing $. Some of them can easily find work (at least part time) doing things on TV or radio. Look at Jerry Azumah or Howard Griffith.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:52 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
They don't? If they play for 5 years at league minimum, that is close to $2million. Some of them can easily find work (at least part time) doing things on TV or radio. Look at Jerry Azumah or Howard Griffith.
When you factor in taxes, agent fees, training and other expenses that isn't that much.

The estimates are that the players take home about 40% of their salary after taxes and agent fees. So, right there we are only looking at $800k. That will go fast especially if the players aren't very conservative with how they spend money.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Let's see....be a regional sales manager, engineer, or accountant? ORRRRRR earn millions, be famous, have an easy in with hot snatch, play a game for a living that mandates you bust ass in a film room, the gym and practice...making $70K a year will take someone 30 years to make anything close to what these guys make in a year.....

so yes, I think being an NFL player is much easier if you have the talent compared to a guy busting his ass at 2 jobs to support his family in a small apartement

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:07 pm 

cluv8484 wrote:
Let's see....be a regional sales manager, engineer, or accountant? ORRRRRR earn millions, be famous, have an easy in with hot snatch, play a game for a living that mandates you bust ass in a film room, the gym and practice...making $70K a year will take someone 30 years to make anything close to what these guys make in a year.....

so yes, I think being an NFL player is much easier if you have the talent compared to a guy busting his ass at 2 jobs to support his family in a small apartement
...and yet at the age of 45 the regional sales manager likely has a higher quality of life.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

he wrote it, he said it and then said it again...

PM "You said we don't workhard as players"
HUB 'I didn't say that"
PM" Ugh, you just said it 2 seconds ago"
HUB "Well if I wrote it and said it, I mistakingly did so"

I just heard a clip of the interview, and Hub COMPLETELY FUCKING EMBARRASSED himself. There was another occasion in addition to the one above where he said something, got called on it, then said he didn't say it when he just said it seconds before.

Ridiculous.