It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GUPPY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
when he was available, many HERE gave me all the reasons why he isn't a great coach! Bullshit! Today he showed why he is a GREAT coach.

His teams are prepared to play. He has plays to use in specific situations.

The special teams plays he used today are PHENOMENAL! and it takes balls to use them!

Watching him work with an undrafted QB and doing better than our $20M man!

Post subject: Re: GUPPY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
bigfan wrote:
when he was available, many HERE gave me all the reasons why he isn't a great coach! Bullshit! Today he showed why he is a GREAT coach.

His teams are prepared to play. He has plays to use in specific situations.

The special teams plays he used today are PHENOMENAL! and it takes balls to use them!

Watching him work with an undrafted QB and doing better than our $20M man!

All true things, Biggie.

Some get it done and some don't.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:53 pm 

That preseason game v Seattle was a great indicator.

Jay "I am too cool for the room" is the team leader...and thats what we get.

We might get a few more wins this year, they could even improve, but so much more is needed. Throwing 15-30 out passes is great, but it's all we do.

#50 doesnt get another job in this league and he starts here? I am happy to continue to state he doesnt get past me if I was blocking.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Fisher and Harbaugh both wanted the Bears job. Bears may soon have buyers remorse with Tresty. If they have a 2nd chance to get Harbaugh, get him immediatly.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Scorehead wrote:
Fisher and Harbaugh both wanted the Bears job. Bears may soon have buyers remorse with Tresty. If they have a 2nd chance to get Harbaugh, get him immediatly.

They better have buyers remorse right now.

This team is a fucking disaster.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:22 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

Yeah, thats happening. lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Peoria Matt wrote:
This team is a fucking disaster.

Bingo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
As much as I hate to say it, the Bears brass would never hire a coach with the price tag that a Harbaugh or Fisher come with. Look how much the family was in love with Lovie and still low-balled him when his contract came up. Bears will always be stuck with second-tier coaches. They can't even hire right anymore. Teams are pulling top coaches from the college ranks and winning with them. The Bears are pulled a guy who was an offensive coordinator at best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:05 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, the Bears brass would never hire a coach with the price tag that a Harbaugh or Fisher come with. Look how much the family was in love with Lovie and still low-balled him when his contract came up. Bears will always be stuck with second-tier coaches. They can't even hire right anymore. Teams are pulling top coaches from the college ranks and winning with them. The Bears are pulled a guy who was an offensive coordinator at best.

The Bears paid Lovie $5 million per year. I dont think that is anywhere near the bottom of the league. He was overpaid like Jay is now overpaid. I agree with you regarding hiring college coaches. Of all the guys who the Bears interviewed, I wanted Mike McCoy. I bought into Trestman...but I think I am beginning to have buyers remorse. Can I return him?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Scorehead wrote:

The Bears paid Lovie $5 million per year. I dont think that is anywhere near the bottom of the league. He was overpaid like Jay is now overpaid like Jay is now overpaid. I agree with you regarding hiring college coaches. Of all the guys who the Bears interviewed, I wanted Mike McCoy. I bought into Trestman...but I think I am beginning to have buyers remorse. Can I return him?

I'm gonna get the papers get the papers.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:08 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

The Bears paid Lovie $5 million per year. I dont think that is anywhere near the bottom of the league. He was overpaid like Jay is now overpaid like Jay is now overpaid. I agree with you regarding hiring college coaches. Of all the guys who the Bears interviewed, I wanted Mike McCoy. I bought into Trestman...but I think I am beginning to have buyers remorse. Can I return him?

Not saying they didn't pay him. I'm saying they lowballed him. The initial offer was 3-3.5 mil I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:44 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

Not saying they didn't pay him. I'm saying they lowballed him. The initial offer was 3-3.5 mil I think.

Well, they should have let him walk & hired Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:52 pm 

Looking back, I honestly think he was just a player's coach. He brought out the best in his defense for a few years, but overall he is no better than any other middle of the road coach.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

The Bears paid Lovie $5 million per year. I dont think that is anywhere near the bottom of the league. He was overpaid like Jay is now overpaid. I agree with you regarding hiring college coaches. Of all the guys who the Bears interviewed, I wanted Mike McCoy. I bought into Trestman...but I think I am beginning to have buyers remorse. Can I return him?

They rolled the dice on Lovie. If he sucked they fire him, if he did well he got $5 Mill. I think every team in professional sports would like to do this, but most of them understand the poor working relationship you now have with an employee when you basically put the player/coach in that position. Most teams dont let players/coaches go to a contract year, you should know if you want them or not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

They rolled the dice on Lovie. If he sucked they fire him, if he did well he got $5 Mill. I think every team in professional sports would like to do this, but most of them understand the poor working relationship you now have with an employee when you basically put the player/coach in that position. Most teams dont let players/coaches go to a contract year, you should know if you want them or not.

I'm just curious how much he wanted. In the end, he went to only one super bowl and lost it. Then he repeatedly couldn't make the playoffs. I can't argue that he was worth much more than the other 5-6 coaches who win consistently. The Bears knew better than I did, but I had thought in 2005-06 that he deserved more money than what was being bandied about.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 pm 

Lovie is the greatest bum slayer ever. the record he produced speaks for itself v Above .500 teams and under .500 teams. Sit back, wait for bad QB's to make mistakes while your top DL pressure him. Great recipe to beat bad and young QB's on bad teams (50% of the league). Good Qb's throw under all day on that 2 deep crap.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:21 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Lovie is the greatest bum slayer ever. the record he produced speaks for itself v Above .500 teams and under .500 teams. Sit back, wait for bad QB's to make mistakes while your top DL pressure him. Great recipe to beat bad and young QB's on bad teams (50% of the league). Good Qb's throw under all day on that 2 deep crap.

Yes; though, I will say that he seemed to have Rodgers' number in several regular season games.

Would you say that they never recovered from losing Tommie Harris to injury in their super bowl year? I keep thinking he was the big reason that Lovie's "system" worked.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
bigfan wrote:

Yes; though, I will say that he seemed to have Rodgers' number in several regular season games.

Would you say that they never recovered from losing Tommie Harris to injury in their super bowl year? I keep thinking he was the big reason that Lovie's "system" worked.

It was Favre. I believe Lovie was 8-1 against the Packers at some point. Lovie believes that most teams will make a mistake if you force them to have long drives. It works better when you have a good offense. The Bucs or the Colts didn't win until they got a good to average offense.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 am 

The Bears see their coach as being lucky to not only get one of only 32 jobs in the world, a job with a charter NFL franchise, but as a once in a lifetime opportunity. In other words, experienced coaches talking about how they did things "________" need not apply. The Bears see it as a privilege and opportunity to prove yourself.