Meaningful football games
Great "DRAFTED" players
Fun games to watch
A great place to go watch games
Clocks that work
A place to tailgate
A good GM
A great ownership group

Every aspect of NFL football they do better than the Chicago Bears. Starts at the top in any sports organization. When teams do poorly, either you really believe what you are doing is correct and you stay the course and if you are correct, things do get better or time digs you into a further hole and it is the ultimate proof that you have no clue because the hole bcomes so deep you cant get out! The most proactive thing the Bears organization has done is hold an impromptu board meeting in a vacant supply room in the visiting teams stadium to show the world what complete fools you really are.

Yeah, a sale of The Chicago Bears would be the best possible outcome.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
100% Jealous of the whole thing.

Meaningful football games
Great "DRAFTED" players
Fun games to watch
A great place to go watch games
Clocks that work
A place to tailgate
A good GM
A great ownership group

Every aspect of NFL football they do better than the Chicago Bears. Starts at the top in any sports organization. When teams do poorly, either you really believe what you are doing is correct and you stay the course and if you are correct, things do get better or time digs you into a further hole and it is the ultimate proof that you have no clue because the hole bcomes so deep you cant get out! The most proactive thing the Bears organization has done is hold an impromptu board meeting in a vacant supply room in the visiting teams stadium to show the world what complete fools you really are.

Yeah, a sale of The Chicago Bears would be the best possible outcome.

Maybe Jerry can be buy now.

He was out used as a stalking horse by Mugg's widow before. He could go right to the real owners this time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
"Gang, even Jesus knew with faith you could throw a mountain into the sea. In life, things change." - Mike Ditka

Enjoy being a Packers fan, biggie.

Bears!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
"Gang, even Jesus knew with faith you could throw a mountain into the sea. In life, things change." - Mike Ditka

Enjoy being a Packers fan, biggie.

Bears!

:cheers: :cheers:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:53 am 

Preach it Biggie, preach it. Take notes Nas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
doesnt mean I am going to the Greenies, but can acknowledge an organization that is terrible....like the Bears.

When I hear someone defend ownership about spending money, it makes me sick. Every team spends money, because they have so much money! The big challenge for NFL teams is how to get around the cap! Maybe when a team is bad, they dont come right up against the cap, knowing that they will need to pay someone the next year but even with the highest paid player in the the NFL (Jay)...it should not be given credit for.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:10 am 

Very similar to the Cardinals

On the other hand, a ton of their success is predicated on two guys working out (Favre and A Rod)

I mean, all this other stuff about development and the stadium etc doesnt mean much without the QB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 am 

This loss of faith is going to look particularly bad when the Packers finish the season in third place in the division

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
On the other hand, a ton of their success is predicated on two guys working out (Favre and A Rod)

I mean, all this other stuff about development and the stadium etc doesnt mean much without the QB
Agree. Also, they sell worthless stock to raise money for the team. I can only imagine what the backlash from the fans and press would be if the Sox, Cubs, or Bears pulled a stunt like that.

Getting lucky is part of it, but the Packers also do a lot of things correct. Still though as a Bears fan, its pretty hard to do anything except sit back and admire the GB oraneyezation. I still want them to lose every week though :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:16 am 

Aaron Rodgers scouting reports

What NFL scouts told the Journal Sentinel's Bob McGinn before the draft about quarterback Aaron Rodgers:

Marc Ross, Buffalo: "He's a little short. The thing you worry about is those (Jeff) Tedford guys. They don't do anything for a couple years and then they have a good year or two. Who of his quarterbacks has done what they're supposed to do? None of them. Is he just working magic with great college quarterbacks or just manufacturing guys?"

AFC scout: "I like him. He's a very talented guy. A lot of quarterbacks that were system people have not done very well. That puts up a red flag. Not that he is one of them. He could be an exception. But I can't get it out of my craw."

Rich Snead, Tennessee: "I like him. I just don't know if he's maxed out. He's more accurate than (Kyle) Boller but probably not as athletic. He's a better player than Akili Smith. He's more athletic than (Trent) Dilfer was. He's a little more mobile than Joey Harrington. He had to go to a JC because no one would recruit him because they said he was too small. He's been busting his (expletive) his whole life to get to this point. I just don't know how much more he has to give."

NFC scout: "(Alex) Smith is the better athlete."

AFC scout: "I think he has some upside although there are some things that are just ordinary about him."

Jerry Angelo, Chicago: "I'd give Rodgers the edge (over Smith) just because he was easier to evaluate. And there's a little more arm. But the edge is negligible."

NFC scout: "I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn't have great ability to change the release of the football. He's mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better."

NFC scout: "The guys that Tedford has had, what have they developed into? They're too well-schooled. So mechanical. So robotic. I don't know if they become good pro players. I think Rodgers is in that same mold."

AFC scout: "I don't like him. He's a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing. If you take him in the second round, fine. Heady guy. They do a marvelous job of coaching quarterbacks there. I don't think he's as good as the top quarterbacks coming out last year."

AFC scout: "I don't think he's in the class of the quarterbacks that came out last year. Strong arm. Pretty good athlete. Still has some holes in his game."

Bill Polian, Indianapolis: "I see a guy who has good arm strength. I see some athletic ability. I see a guy who was pretty good with a good team. I see a guy who's in a pretty efficient offense. Am I certain that he's going to come in and lead my team to the Promised Land? I can't say that. I'm not even sure I can say that about Alex Smith."

AFC scout: "He's a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can't create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don't think there's a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I'm dead serious. None of them are worth it."

NFC scout: "He fit right into the Cal system. He probably executed that as well as anybody. He doesn't have as strong an arm as Boller but can make the same reads and play the scheme as well as Boller did.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Agree. Also, they sell worthless stock to raise money for the team. I can only imagine what the backlash from the fans and press would be if the Sox, Cubs, or Bears pulled a stunt like that.

Getting lucky is part of it, but the Packers also do a lot of things correct. Still though as a Bears fan, its pretty hard to do anything except sit back and admire the GB oraneyezation. I still want them to lose every week though :lol:

Selling a novelty stock to raise funds for stadium renovations.....stupid stunt
Extorting taxpayers...no problem

Yea, Frank, what a stupid idea.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
Except I never said that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Except I never said that.

So what's the problem? They don't have a traditional billionaire owner. They are a essentially a foundation. How else should they raise money?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:26 am 
100000 CLUB

The Packers have drafted well but without Rodgers they are a 4 win team. He covers up so many of their flaws.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Agreed Biggie. Jealous.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:30 am 

Nas wrote:
The Packers have drafted well but without Rodgers they are a 4 win team. He covers up so many of their flaws.

You and Dolphin just can't say it, it is ok you don't have to, I understand.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:30 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

You disagree that Rodgers covers up many flaws?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Oh Nas. Without Jay Cutler, the Bears are probably a 9 or 10 win team :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:34 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

I am not saying that at all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Oh Nas. Without Jay Cutler, the Bears are probably a 9 or 10 win team :lol:

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:36 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

I am not saying that at all.

Well, you can see my confusion since you quoted that post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:41 am 
100000 CLUB

When you have one of the top 5 greatest QBs for 15 years and then you get lucky and draft another great QB you will probably win a lot of games.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:42 am 

They just have to always come up with some great excuse why the Packers are this or that, it is quite enjoyable to me on a Monday morning. Have a good day RPB, the Bears won.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:46 am 

Nas wrote:
When you have one of the top 5 greatest QBs for 15 years and then you get lucky and draft another great QB you will probably win a lot of games.

I agree it is good to be lucky, bet you wish the Bears could have had some of that luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:50 am 

James Jones and Greg Jennings have proven that the Packers are much more than a team that has been astute in making two decisions over the past two decades.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

I agree it is good to be lucky, bet you wish the Bears could have had some of that luck.

We had a stretch where we destroyed the Packers. I believe Lovie was like 6-2 at one point against the Packers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 am 

Nas wrote:

Luck? The Packers drafted Rodgers because he was the only player with a 1st round grade left on their board.

Sound scouting and competent decision making. They didn't try being the smartest dickhead in the room.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 am 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

We had a stretch where we destroyed the Packers. I believe Lovie was like 6-2 at one point against the Packers.

The games during the Ditka era were just as uncompetitive in the Bears favor as they are today for the Packers. People have very short memories. I remember Johnnie B playing some song about "the Pack will be back, within my lifetime" in the 90s.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
Nas wrote:

Luck? The Packers drafted Rodgers because he was the only player with a 1st round grade left on their board.

Sound scouting and competent decision making. They didn't try being the smartest dickhead in the room.

He dropped 20+ spots.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

The games during the Ditka era were just as uncompetitive in the Bears favor as they are today for the Packers. People have very short memories. I remember Johnnie B playing some song about "the Pack will be back, within my lifetime" in the 90s.

I wasn't here back then and wasn't a Packers fan at that point and time, those games don't count.