It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Discount Tire
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I had a great experience last night at Discount Tire. When I was driving home from work my tire pressure monitor came on saying the pressure in my rear driver's side tire was low. The only time the TPS monitor had come on before was last winter when the temperatures were in the single digits or lower, and it only stayed on for a short time, so I thought that's all it was. I was about a mile away from home at that point, and when I pulled into the garage and got out of the car I heard a loud hissing noise coming from the rear tire on the driver's side.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuckity-fuck.

I bought the tires at Discount Tire and have the replacement certificates, so I thought I could make it to their location on Higgins in Schaumburg before the tire went flat. I got there about 6:50 and walked inside, not realizing that they actually close at 6:00. There were two other customers inside when I got there, so I just assumed they were open. I told the guy behind the desk what happened and he said they were going to be closing soon but they'd take care of it. Turns out there was a piece of metal in the tire and the hole was too large to be repaired. Fortunately, they had the tire I have in stock and put on a new one. About 30 minutes and $26.00 later I was on my way home with a new tire.

I felt bad that I unwittingly I walked in there nearly an hour after they were technically closed as I'm sure everyone there just wanted to go home after a long day, but was very grateful that they were able to take care of me.

Post subject: Re: Discount Tire
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:42 am 

Discount Tire is great. I've been using them for about 10 years now, and I've always left happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:55 am 

They fired my friend a day or two before Christmas to avoid paying out a bonus.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Talk about a discount.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
The only time the TPS monitor had come on before was last winter when the temperatures were in the single digits or lower

Do you get a TPS report with that ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I had a great experience last night at Discount Tire. When I was driving home from work my tire pressure monitor came on saying the pressure in my rear driver's side tire was low. The only time the TPS monitor had come on before was last winter when the temperatures were in the single digits or lower, and it only stayed on for a short time, so I thought that's all it was. I was about a mile away from home at that point, and when I pulled into the garage and got out of the car I heard a loud hissing noise coming from the rear tire on the driver's side.

I bought the tires at Discount Tire and have the replacement certificates, so I thought I could make it to their location on Higgins in Schaumburg before the tire went flat. I got there about 6:50 and walked inside, not realizing that they actually close at 6:00. There were two other customers inside when I got there, so I just assumed they were open. I told the guy behind the desk what happened and he said they were going to be closing soon but they'd take care of it. Turns out there was a piece of metal in the tire and the hole was too large to be repaired. Fortunately, they had the tire I have in stock and put on a new one. About 30 minutes and $26.00 later I was on my way home with a new tire.

I felt bad that I unwittingly I walked in there nearly an hour after they were technically closed as I'm sure everyone there just wanted to go home after a long day, but was very grateful that they were able to take care of me.

Wait...you replaced just one tire?

How much wear is on your tires?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I had to replace a tire after about 4 months. Maybe put 1000 miles on the car.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
spmack wrote:
Talk about a discount.

You're my guy, but Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:30 pm 

discount tire is awesome in rockford too

i dont know who set their corporate policies, but they did an outstanding job. they will bend over backwards to make a sale.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:32 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

people dont care. thats why you see cars in the ditch all the time. all 4 tires are different with different wear and different pressure in them. thats why you see some cars that look like theyre driving sideways when youre following them. its why you can pass people on the freeway because their piece of shit vehicle hasnt been properly maintained and they must hang on for dear life at anything above 50mph.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I have been a Discount Tire guy since I started driving. Never used to shop, just went there knowing the prices would be best. Recently, we have had a Belle Tire open nearby- they are always packed! I shopped them, the prices are close.

Then I hit the independent guy south a few miles where I get farm tires- he gave me a great price on four new truck tires. When I went to pick it up, the bill was almost $200 higher- mount/balance fees, stems, even the $20 nitrogen fill. He never asked, I never refused. I swallowed hard, then realized arguing was less productive than never going back, so I hesitated long enough to get him to ask, then said I think "I just remembered why I always go to Discount Tire". He started into the "small business and I have expenses...". I just said here is my card, charge the amount you billed. Will NEVER be back.

The Discount here built a new shop about 5 years ago, more than double the original size, and they still get backed up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Bagels wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
The only time the TPS monitor had come on before was last winter when the temperatures were in the single digits or lower

:lol: I knew someone was going to say that.

immessedup17 wrote:

There isn't much wear, and they're rated for 70k miles, so I should be OK.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:54 pm 

There is only 1 Discount Tire anywhere close to me and it is 20 miles away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

immessedup17 wrote:

If the new tire is even a few mm more in circumference than the old tire (old tire tread smaller due to wear)...this isn't good for your axle or handling.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:16 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

immessedup17 wrote:

If the new tire is even a few mm more in circumference than the old tire (old tire tread smaller due to wear)...this isn't good for your axle or handling.

You certainly aren't painting a rose-y picture.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:18 pm 

redskingreg wrote:

you saying the word 'rosey' is the equivalent to a frenchman printing cartoons of muhommad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
never used discount tire, but...I've settled on FastTire (originally named Antioch Tire Inc), which is "conveniently" located in my hometown of Antioch. They primarily deal Cooper tires. I've bought 3 replacement sets of coopers for 3 different cars and as long as I have them rotated every 5K miles, they meet their rated mileage. In the past I've been burned with Bridgestone and Michelins.

Waiting room is newly remodeled with wi-fi and decent coffee. This basically means I can get oil changes and tire rotations and not lose time at work.

I think there is a discount tire in Round Lake Beach close by....I may do a comparison in March when the Monster Civic is due for a new set of tires.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:14 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

you saying the word 'rosey' is the equivalent to a frenchman printing cartoons of muhommad.

It's a pun, you dim-witted dipshit. Go fuck a light socket.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:25 pm 

redskingreg wrote:

It's a pun, you dim-witted dipshit. Go fuck a light socket.

your entire existence is a pun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
discount tire is awesome in rockford too

i dont know who set their corporate policies, but they did an outstanding job. they will bend over backwards to make a sale.

Perryville location is great. Great service