Post subject: Re: Michelle Obama
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Jorr putting it pretty well there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Do you think you should be free to shoot heroin? LAWS OFF YOUR BODY!!!!

I do actually. That's probably bad.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
pittmike wrote:

I don't believe it's as simple as he is putting it. I agree that we don't value life or people in general most of the time though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Spaulding wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I don't believe it's as simple as he is putting it. I agree that we don't value life or people in general most of the time though.

I specifically said it's a very complicated issue. On an individual basis, I'm certain there are lives that are far worse than being killed in the womb may have been. But I think we have to look at the whole. Do we value human life? To what degree?

I think most reasonable people would agree that some time between conception and birth a fetus is an actual human being and that occurs quite a bit earlier than a day or a week or even a month prior to the full nine month gestation being completed. I don't believe the biological fact that female is the sex that carries all children- male and female- grants that sex some absolute right to control and/or destroy at will those lives they are carrying. If the argument is that those fetuses (children) cannot survive without the mother, then that seems to be an endorsement of parents' right to terminate a three year old who also is clearly incapable of surviving on his or her own.

Somehow this has become a women's issue rather than a human issue. It's a topic I generally do not broach with women of my own age or younger. I enjoy female companionship too much to kick that hornet's nest. I think that had I expressed such an opinion vocally, I might never have gotten laid. But I will say that in demanding this particular "right" many modern women come off, at least to me, as eerily similar to slaveholders who also had a lifelong "right" they were loathe to give up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I agree. I never understood the woman's right thing. I've been saying it since I was a young kid. Even brought photos to class for an assignment. If asked my opinion I always come out strongly against murdering babies. As far as I know I haven't missed out on any opportunities because of it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:27 pm 

I don't think it's so much of a right to my body thing as a right to my life as I want it to be. It's not an unwanted pregnancy, it's an unwanted child, and in most cases the child becomes the woman's responsibility. The child could then become a burden that she can't handle or the child forever ties her to someone she may not want to be tied to. I could be wrong but most surprise pregnancies where terminating is thought of as an option are young and not married. I'm glad I never was faced with the situation. I don't know what I'd have done I can't say I blame anybody for what they'd do or believe here either. Sometimes it turns out well and sometimes it literally ruins lives. It can be a very painful experience not matter what is decided.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Abortion talk. What could go wrong?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

You offer your thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:31 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

You offer your thoughts?

Nope. I dont care either way and people who vote for a political candidate based solely on their position on abortion are foolish.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:32 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

If you stay out of it, probably nothing. I'd listen to and would like to hear what Nas or JORR would have to say about it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:36 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

If you stay out of it, probably nothing. I'd listen to and would like to hear what Nas or JORR would have to say about it.

Jorr and Nas posted their thoughts. Lets hear yours? Should abortion be outlawed?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:38 pm 

No, I don't think it should.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Scorehead wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

You offer your thoughts?

Nope. I dont care either way and people who vote for a political candidate based solely on their position on abortion are foolish.

Who said anything about voting?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:45 pm 

Tell us where you stand on abortion! LIGHT 'EM UP!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:47 pm 

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:52 pm 

Nas wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

You offer your thoughts?

Who said anything about voting?

I did. I know plenty of fellow conservative Republicans who absolutely will not vote for a candidate who is pro-choice. I don't consider a politicians position on abortion to be high on the list of priorities that I'm looking for in a politician. I want a guy who can legislate and get shit done, not tell people how to live their lives.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
I don't think it's so much of a right to my body thing as a right to my life as I want it to be. It's not an unwanted pregnancy, it's an unwanted child, and in most cases the child becomes the woman's responsibility. The child could then become a burden that she can't handle or the child forever ties her to someone she may not want to be tied to. I could be wrong but most surprise pregnancies where terminating is thought of as an option are young and not married. I'm glad I never was faced with the situation. I don't know what I'd have done I can't say I blame anybody for what they'd do or believe here either. Sometimes it turns out well and sometimes it literally ruins lives. It can be a very painful experience not matter what is decided.

I understand the thinking but I've just never been able to agree with it. I know far too many women who've basically used abortions as a form of birth control. They've had kids by losers and still continue to have unprotected sex with that loser and then decide to kill the baby. Raising kids isn't easy. It requires a lot of sacrifice and some selflessness. Because of that I believe women should take the necessary precautions before having sex. Rape is the only justifiable reason to have an abortion in my mind.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Scorehead wrote:
I did. I know plenty of fellow conservative Republicans who absolutely will not vote for a candidate who is pro-choice. I don't consider a politicians position on abortion to be high on the list of priorities that I'm looking for in a politician. I want a guy who can legislate and get shit done, not tell people how to live their lives.

Those that are aware of the demographics of abortion won't be surprised to read this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:07 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Those that are aware of the demographics of abortion won't be surprised to read this.

Has nothing to do with demographics, and everything to do with not wanting politicians to legislate morality.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Has nothing to do with demographics, and everything to do with not wanting politicians to legislate morality.

You mean like murder, theft, robbery and rape?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:12 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Well, those 4 things are against the law...so there's that.

I'm sort of breaking my own rule here about not discussing abortion with others, so have at it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:13 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+ :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Scorehead wrote:

I'm sort of breaking my own rule here about not discussing abortion with others, so have at it.

You are breaking your own rules by saying that you don't want politicians to legislate morality when that is clearly not the case. There is some morality you want them to legislate, other morality, not so much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:00 pm 

Nas wrote:

I understand the thinking but I've just never been able to agree with it. I know far too many women who've basically used abortions as a form of birth control. They've had kids by losers and still continue to have unprotected sex with that loser and then decide to kill the baby. Raising kids isn't easy. It requires a lot of sacrifice and some selflessness. Because of that I believe women should take the necessary precautions before having sex. Rape is the only justifiable reason to have an abortion in my mind.

That's sad and I do not agree with using it as a form of birth control. I don't see how people could do that.

Only the woman?

Last edited by Spaulding on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I, too, have seen this happen far too often. I was fortunate in that my Dad was able to effectively spell out for me how easily it is to get someone pregnant and that no sex is worth that. I was always careful. I've known far too many women (and men) that were just careless.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

For your sake, I hope this is a bit.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way