It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:
They just need to work on NILs. It doesn't much matter who the coach is anymore just as long as he's competent.

They had one of the best NIL systems in the country from the start.

No need to worry about the coach then. Just pay the most.

Well you aren't outbidding Indiana any more but Illinois is going to be really good next year too.

Then why do they have to work hard to keep Underwood? He's obviously nothing special.

I would not be too excited to see him go. Illinois Men's Basketball has been in a pretty good place since he came. I'd like to see him continue to produce NCAA tournament teams with the Illini if he can.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I'd like to see him stick around. The first few years I really just thought he was a red ass that loved to yell at his guys. He still does that a bit, but seems to be some kind of method to his madness. Very unfortunate that Dainja decided to head out of town but I don't blame him with how much his playing time had been cut back. He may not be the only one to leave in the end. I like some of the young talent they have coming in and they have a couple of guys from that bench that could make an impact. Goode, Rodgers, Hansberry, Gibbs-Lawhorn and Moretti are really the only ones we've seen anything from. Sencire Harris will be coming back as well and should have a more beefed up frame. He's never shown much as a scoring threat in college but he was a 4 star top 100 recruit and averaged 20 a game in high school so he could be a surprise and definitely a factor on defense. Going to need to use that portal and get some size and experience in there. Will be a very interesting offseason.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
The rapist gets off (again).

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39921917/illinois-drops-investigation-terrence-shannon-jr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
McCareins_Fan wrote:

Read the full article, dumbass.
Quote:
The criminal case against Shannon in Kansas is ongoing, and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 10 at the Douglas County District Court. A spokesperson for the Lawrence police said in an email that "it wouldn't be appropriate for us to speculate or comment on any [University of Illinois] processes" due to the pending criminal case.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:48 am 

Franky T wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

Quote:
The criminal case against Shannon in Kansas is ongoing, and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 10 at the Douglas County District Court. A spokesperson for the Lawrence police said in an email that "it wouldn't be appropriate for us to speculate or comment on any [University of Illinois] processes" due to the pending criminal case.

:lol: Didn't sound like Illinois had much access to evidence or witnesses so wasn't a lot they could do. I am sure they are happy to wash their hands of it and I'd be shocked if Shannon is even on campus anymore now that basketball is over with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Franky T wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

Quote:

He should have never been allowed to play, cocksocket.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
How come the President gets to fingerfuck and not Terrence Shannon?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:34 pm 

Sencire Harris hitting the portal. Probably not a huge loss overall but I really thought we would be a nice piece for next season. Illinois has three coming in from the portal as well. The bigger loss might be Chester Frazier headed to WV. Word is he could bring Hansberry with him. Short snippet from an article below.....

The Illini are competing with the roughly 362 other DI basketball programs for players who made themselves available this offseason. The transfer portal opened up, and Brad Underwood has not been shy.

Illinois has only lost two players thus far to the transfer portal. Dain Dainja entered almost immediately after the season concluded. He is now with Memphis. The other departure was Sencire Harris. He entered the transfer portal on April 15.

It is everyone’s assumption right now that Harris will follow former Illini assistant coach and player Chester Frazier to his new job at West Virginia. It is also being reported by Dante Furco of Fox Illinois that Frazier’s departure will cause a domino effect. So, expect more departures coming down the pipeline.

With that being said, Illinois has been battling in the transfer portal wars. While two players have departed, Underwood is fighting back and landing talented players of his own.

As of right now, Illinois has three transfer portal additions this offseason. Jake Davis out of Mercer, Tre White out of Louisville, and the most recent addition in Arizona’s Kylan Boswell.

These three incoming transfer portal players won’t just help solidify what should be a talented roster in 2024-25, but at this moment, Illinois sits with the No. 1 transfer portal ranking in the country. We are just ahead of UCLA, Memphis, Kansas, and Ohio State.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
McCareins_Fan wrote:
Franky T wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

Quote:

He should have never been allowed to play, cocksocket.

Why not? Simply because of an allegation?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Word on the street is that Chester Frazier bounced because he was upset about Underwood elevating his son as Assistant Coach without him having paid his dues. In short nepotism.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Word on the street is that Chester Frazier bounced because he was upset about Underwood elevating his son as Assistant Coach without him having paid his dues. In short nepotism.

Nepotism is sports? Unheard of.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:44 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:

Nepotism is sports? Unheard of.

Not what you know, it's what you're willing to accept.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am 

you mean chester, the guy who is there because he played for the illini objects to someone else's privilege

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:50 am 

Sorry to see Hansberry leave. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do for the Illini.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:56 am 

Starting to think maybe we need an Illini Portal thread or next years thread soon.....

Illinois made another addition Tuesday night in the portal, just hours after Amani Hansberry announced his decision to enter the transfer portal.

The Illini picked up a commitment from Notre Dame forward Carey Booth. He made his decision via a post on Instagram.

The 6-foot-10, 200-pound forward averaged 6 points and 4 boards per game as a freshman for the Fighting Irish. He planned to play in the Big Ten at Penn State for Micah Shrewberry, but followed his coach when he got the job in South Bend.

With three years of eligibility, this is another long-term pickup, but he could be an effective role piece as a sophomore coming in with plenty of high-major experience (although, for a bad Notre Dame team).

Booth is the son of Nuggets GM Calvin Booth and grew up in Colorado.

He’s the fourth transfer pickup for Brad Underwood’s staff since the start of the offseason — and I don’t think he’s done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:05 am 

I think if Underwood had his way he would never have to recruit a high school kid again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 am 

good dolphin wrote:
you mean chester, the guy who is there because he played for the illini objects to someone else's privilege

Chester Frazier Never played for Underwood and he has been at 3 other schools as a coach besides Illinois.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:14 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
Sorry to see Hansberry leave. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do for the Illini.

He was Chester Frazier's recruit. Which is probably why he left.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:26 am 

I witnessed the new coach at College of Charleston closing a portal recruit from Xavier named Lazar Djokovic in the Charelston airport on sunday. I know you are happy for me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:32 pm 

Won't break too many hearts here but I thought he could have been a solid piece who knew the system but Luke Goode is in the transfer portal. Taking an official visit to Indiana on Thursday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:36 pm 

From what I read seems like Goode is pretty well locked into Indiana. Indiana has done surprisingly well in the portal. Yet they will still finish middle of the pack next year in the big 10 and on the bubble for the tournament.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
T-Bone wrote:
Won't break too many hearts here but I thought he could have been a solid piece who knew the system but Luke Goode is in the transfer portal. Taking an official visit to Indiana on Thursday.

Not sad to see him go.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:56 pm 

Hawkins entering the draft.

Is there anyone left from this years team?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:
From what I read seems like Goode is pretty well locked into Indiana. Indiana has done surprisingly well in the portal. Yet they will still finish middle of the pack next year in the big 10 and on the bubble for the tournament.

Apparently paid $1.2 for the Arizona center.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
casual fan wrote:

He’s getting some bad advice. Where’s he end up playing when he pulls out? Feels like a future Cyclone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:59 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
casual fan wrote:

He’s getting some bad advice. Where’s he end up playing when he pulls out? Feels like a future Cyclone.

I think that guy and his family have always overestimated his ability.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:09 am 

T-Bone wrote:

I thought Goode filled an important role on the team but I could never understand early in the year when he was starting or why he would ever be on the court during crunch time moments where they needed to D up. He was a fine 3-point shooter and a willing rebounder but he was an absolute turnstile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
casual fan wrote:

The way he got worked by Clingan against Connecticut (and other players his size or bigger) clearly showed he may have some height but does not have the strength to pay with the big boys. He became a deadly outside shooter last year though. He definitely has the "whining to the refs" part down for the NBA. I wish him luck and and glad he stayed with the Illini for all 4 years. Overall he was a really good player for them and I enjoyed watching him play.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
casual fan wrote:

He's a fine college basketball player. I don't think he's anything more than the most marginal NBA player.

Hawkins is an imposing physical specimen with a lot of different skills. He just isn't a great basketball player.

He's a guy who if you put him next to a Michael Jordan of his age, and you looked at them and measured them, you'd take Hawkins. I think even if you put them through drills of individual skills you'd probably still take Hawkins. But once an actual game began any comparisons would quickly be rendered absurd.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
casual fan wrote:

He's a fine college basketball player. I don't think he's anything more than the most marginal NBA player.

Hawkins is an imposing physical specimen with a lot of different skills. He just isn't a great basketball player.

He's a guy who if you put him next to a Michael Jordan of his age, and you looked at them and measured them, you'd take Hawkins. I think even if you put them through drills of individual skills you'd probably still take Hawkins. But once an actual game began any comparisons would quickly be rendered absurd.

He's a guy that can come off the bench for an NBA team and maybe give them 8-10 minutes max. He has range on his shot so the floor will be spread properly and can handle the ball decent enough. He has enough of a motor for that amount of time but certainly a bit of a liability on defense and we will have to see if he can actually learn a role in an offense because he's not going to be allowed to freewheel it and fire long range jumpers at will.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18