It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Hamilton's
These guys suck!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
They had plenty of opportunities, they just couldn't hit their damn shots.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:

And they couldn't recover from being put behind the 8 ball by Moser's coaching in the first half.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:49 am 

That was a good run this year. I hoped to make it to today with a shot against Houston.

There is lots of intrigue to this early off season with who stays or goes. They could be anywhere from a top 25 team heading into next year to a middle of the pack MVC team depending on what people decide for their futures.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

And they couldn't recover from being put behind the 8 ball by Moser's coaching in the first half.

A bad take. Can't coach up 1-13 and most were decent looks. If you've watched this team, they aren't that gifted offensively.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Porter Moser going to Oklahoma.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:26 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

now I thought he had family money and no interest in leaving Chicago?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Smart move.Cash in while you can.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I guess he doesn't realize that money can't buy happiness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:11 pm 

It's time to not pay attention to the Ramblers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I guess he doesn't realize that money can't buy happiness.

He will realize that the moment the plane touches down in Norman!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

A bad take. Can't coach up 1-13 and most were decent looks. If you've watched this team, they aren't that gifted offensively.

I watched a team score 42 points in the second half once their coach switched to an offense specifically designed to attack a 2-3 zone.

He will fail in Norman, and return to Loyola like Leito returned to DePaul.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:35 am 

RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

The money wasn't outrageously better. However, it's stressful knowing most years you have to win your conference tournament in order to make the NCAA, no matter how great of a season you might have had otherwise. Meanwhile the sixth place team in the big 12 will make it.

Oklahoma doesn't seem like a demanding job. Lon Kruger is a good coach, not a great coach and he was able to quietly exist there for a decade.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

Loyola hired Denzel Valentine's brother to be its new head basketball coach?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:48 am 

Nardi wrote:

Don't be so sure about that. Valentine has seemed to keep things together in terms of the recruiting class and returning talent. It sounds like they will lose Krutwig but Williamson and Uguak will return. Those are your defensive centerpieces.

They have a couple of pretty productive grad transfers coming in from the Ivy League to transition from Krutwig. They also have two all area players coming in as freshman.

I really look forward to Kennedy getting into the starting lineup and playing major minutes.

MVC is going to be strong next year but they should still be very competitive

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

He was Moser's assistant in charge of defense and their top recruiter. He had been with them for several years, even though he is young.

Defense was their defining characteristic the past few seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Don't be so sure about that. Valentine has seemed to keep things together in terms of the recruiting class and returning talent. It sounds like they will lose Krutwig but Williamson and Uguak will return. Those are your defensive centerpieces.

They have a couple of pretty productive grad transfers coming in from the Ivy League to transition from Krutwig. They also have two all area players coming in as freshman.

I really look forward to Kennedy getting into the starting lineup and playing major minutes.

MVC is going to be strong next year but they should still be very competitive

Yesefu transferring from Drake to Kanas (moving on up!) should help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He was Moser's assistant in charge of defense and their top recruiter. He had been with them for several years, even though he is young.

Defense was their defining characteristic the past few seasons.

I don't know much about him, but he wasn't that impressive in his interview with Mully & Hanley.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Is it time to resume ignoring the Ramblers again?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:16 am 

Darkside wrote:

They have a great recruiting class for next year and Valentine has kept their commitments: two all city players and just yesterday signed a high school all america.

I think this thing is becoming a real program, not just a team that wins because of a coach's system.

On the flip side, I think Krutwig is going to go to Oklahoma for a year.

Seems stupid to me. If I were a player with a fringe chance at an NBA career but one year of college I could spend anywhere, I'd be heading down to the U and saying:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:

They have a great recruiting class for next year and Valentine has kept their commitments: two all city players and just yesterday signed a high school all america.

I think this thing is becoming a real program, not just a team that wins because of a coach's system.

Seems stupid to me. If I were a player with a fringe chance at an NBA career but one year of college I could spend anywhere, I'd be heading down to the U and saying:

If Krutwig really is a fringe NBA candidate he would be better off staying at Loyola. He will be a 4th or 5th option on a good college team and his stats will almost certainly suffer. To this day I still believe Kenny Battle would have been a lottery pick if he had stayed at NIU. He was thoroughly dominating the MAC and was on track to break multiple league records - including some that had been recently set by Ron Harper. The Big 10 revealed him for what he was: a hard-working but undersized 3 with limited range.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:

If Krutwig really is a fringe NBA candidate he would be better off staying at Loyola. He will be a 4th or 5th option on a good college team and his stats will almost certainly suffer. To this day I still believe Kenny Battle would have been a lottery pick if he had stayed at NIU. He was thoroughly dominating the MAC and was on track to break multiple league records - including some that had been recently set by Ron Harper. The Big 10 revealed him for what he was: a hard-working but undersized 3 with limited range.

Hasn't Krutwig already been the #1 option on a couple good or very good college teams?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:54 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:

That's bullshit. He'll be one of the main options on an ok Oklahoma team. And he'll be playing in one of the best conferences in the country. Finally get to get some exposure more than once every 4 years and doesn't have to play second fiddle to a 100 year old nun. He's not a fringe NBA player, but if he proves he can play well over the course of a whole season in the Big12 he might end up a fringe NBA player.

Also its not like he isn't going in as the coaches favorite anyway.

I would love to see another year of Krutwig in college and especially at a school that is on national TV vs good opponents on a weekly basis.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:02 am 

I'm all for letting players transfer but I really hope it doesn't become a trend with the new transfer rules that your best players start following the coach to their new job. I would guess the NCAA would put in a rule soon though about coaches not being able to "recruit" players they've already coached.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:07 am 

shakes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:

That's bullshit. He'll be one of the main options on an ok Oklahoma team. And he'll be playing in one of the best conferences in the country. Finally get to get some exposure more than once every 4 years and doesn't have to play second fiddle to a 100 year old nun. He's not a fringe NBA player, but if he proves he can play well over the course of a whole season in the Big12 he might end up a fringe NBA player.

I would love to see another year of Krutwig in college and especially at a school that is on national TV vs good opponents on a weekly basis.

When I think Krutwig, I think about all the bruises he has from hitting his ceiling.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:40 am 

He was always a great facilitator. Surround him with great players and he will only look better. Moser's offense would still run through him.

He can play in the Big 12 offensively. He's always looked good on that end of the court against the big programs on the schedule.

I think he will get exposed defensively.

No big deal though. I don't think he will get any more than a tryout from an NBA team. His future, if he chooses, is in a foreign league and he has four years of good tape to show.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:

You make me sick when you speak, Morris.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 am 

Brick wrote:
I'm all for letting players transfer but I really hope it doesn't become a trend with the new transfer rules that your best players start following the coach to their new job. I would guess the NCAA would put in a rule soon though about coaches not being able to "recruit" players they've already coached.

meh, I don't think it's a problem considering you are talking about a few cases every year at most. I love the new player movement transfer rule. Makes college offseason more exciting than NBA free agency period.

Love that big time programs can't just go out and load their bench with 5 and 4 star recruits and expect them to sit there and wait their turn without risking those guys up and leaving for greener pastures.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:53 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:

When I think Krutwig, I think about all the bruises he has from hitting his ceiling.

fair enough, but it's a pretty nice ceiling for a college player.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:25 am 

shakes wrote:
meh, I don't think it's a problem considering you are talking about a few cases every year at most. I love the new player movement transfer rule. Makes college offseason more exciting than NBA free agency period.
Hopefully it's a few cases every year but it's still a new rule.

shakes wrote:
Love that big time programs can't just go out and load their bench with 5 and 4 star recruits and expect them to sit there and wait their turn without risking those guys up and leaving for greener pastures.
It's going to really hurt the mid majors more than anyone which I'm fine with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next