It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:43 pm 

Nebraska's grandstanding this week was kinda cute. They were never going to even consider leaving the B1G ($$$), and even if they did, where are they going?

Big 12 ain't taking you back without a huge haircut (if then), SEC wouldn't dare share their pie with a school from the plains and ZERO population footprint. You going to the ACC? Lol. Independent? LMAO.

This was a mediocre coach shooting his mouth off to try and appease his recruiting base, so that he can keep going 5-7 in the soft half of the B1G. Not my line, but it fits:
Nebraska's next 4 season openers should be scheduled as:
2021: @tOSU
2022: @PSU
2023: @Michigan
2024: @Wisconsin

That should drive the point home.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:24 pm 

Did not realize the Big Ten Commish has a son who plays for Miss St. Of course his kid is playing while he shuts the Big Ten down.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:30 pm 

Would have been great to have Nebraska leave. Colorado would have moved right in and provided a better media market, a state that is growing as an economic power, and a much bigger recruiting space.

For all of the good moves Delaney made, Nebraska was his worst move. Colorado, Mizzou, any Texas school would have been a better call.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
If it weren't for Ohio State the Big Ten would be a glorified Pac-12. Acting like Nebraska is somehow unworthy in a conference that features Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, Michigan etc. just flailing at each other to make anonymous bowl games is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nebraska is lucky to even be a state. Replace it with Puerto Rico.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Trump Pies delivered by fwank
conns7901 wrote:
Did not realize the Big Ten Commish has a son who plays for Miss St. Of course his kid is playing while he shuts the Big Ten down.

Ja, political hacks gonna hack.
Diversity hire ruins Big 10. SEC will always be KIng.

LSU baby.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
:lol: God bless the SEC

I need an SEC team to follow. 'Bama would be a logical pick on account of RAIDERS QB Kenny Stabler, but Saban wears Crocs, so that's a no-go.

Jump on the Lane Train!

This is a distinct possibility. He was the only voice in the room imploring Mr. Davis not to draft JaMarcus Russell. Can't do LSU on account of the awful purple/yellow combo. I'd say it's down to Georgia and the two Mississippi schools.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Doesn't matte for the Big Ten, PAC-12 and the MAC, but--

1 Clemson
2 Ohio State
3 Alabama
4 Georgia
5 Oklahoma
6 LSU
7 Penn State
8 Florida
9 Oregon
10 Notre Dame
11 Auburn
12 Wisconsin
13 Texas A&M
14 Texas
15 Oklahoma State
16 Michigan
17 USC
18 North Carolina
19 Minnesota
20 Cincinnati 11-3
21 UCF 10-3
22 Utah 11-3
23 Iowa State
24 Iowa 10-3
25 Tennessee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:32 am 

I'm just glad Tennessee will get the chance to once again not live up to pre season expectations

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:13 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I'm just glad Tennessee will get the chance to once again not live up to pre season expectations

My yearly favorite rite of Fall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 pm 

How bad will the Big Ten be hurt in recruiting by this decision if the other leagues have a year without incident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:50 pm 

I've loved the contradiction that is college football more than anything other than my White Sox and accepted the lies and bullshit attendant to it.

But playing this year being openly justified because it pays for gymnastics, school facilities and general budgets and giving a lifeline to the shit college towns? I'm out. I just don't care about these ancillary parasites.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Going about as well as expected down in Tuscaloosa:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Why is it serious jeopardy? Because someone says so?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Yeah, not sure about shutting down the school once you've already invited corona on-campus. You'd do more damage kicking those ~600 and counting cases off-campus and sending em back to their hometowns to spread the rona. Suck it up, buttercup, and ride that corona wave til Thanksgiving break.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:09 am 

You don't have to shut down the bars, just strictly enforce the drinking age. 3/4 of the school isn't legal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:11 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
I've loved the contradiction that is college football more than anything other than my White Sox and accepted the lies and bullshit attendant to it.

But playing this year being openly justified because it pays for gymnastics, school facilities and general budgets and giving a lifeline to the shit college towns? I'm out. I just don't care about these ancillary parasites.

This is peanuts. Schools cover up habitual sexual assault, child abuse by coaches, etc. It's a dirty business

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:19 pm 

So let me get this timeline together because the rush of blood to my boner may restricting it to my brain:

The college football season is going to begin in early September and run through its normal schedule for SEC, ACC, etc. Then at Thanksgiving, about the time the season really winds down, we get Part II with the Big Ten and likely PAC 12 probably taking us through February?

Yeah, I think I can accept that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:11 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Never should have over reacted like a bunch of scared bitches in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:26 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
So let me get this timeline together because the rush of blood to my boner may restricting it to my brain:

The college football season is going to begin in early September and run through its normal schedule for SEC, ACC, etc. Then at Thanksgiving, about the time the season really winds down, we get Part II with the Big Ten and likely PAC 12 probably taking us through February?

Yeah, I think I can accept that.

I am cool with it. Have a Rose Bowl II the week before the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Watched Austin Peay and central Arkansas last night. Great to have college ball back.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Trump Pies delivered by fwank
It's all politics, as we all know.

Klobuchar in MN, Karen in MI and that bozo who took over the Big Ten, Barry what's his name. They all decided this.

Well known Literal Nazi, Scott Van Pelt has the details-------------

ESPN’s Scott Van Pelt Destroys Big Ten’s Manipulative Plan to Cancel Football Until After November Election (Video)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... -injuries/

----------------------

It's the flu. Boo hoo. CDC says play beeches, it's the flu. Healthy students never die from it. Never.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:34 am 

The Big Ten got scared because an Indiana football recruit ended up hospitalized with heart issues from COVID about a month ago. It's believed that the parent may have gone to the Commissioner about it.

That Indiana football recruit supposedly is currently practicing with the football team.

I think the Big Ten will start the season the first week of October.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The Big Ten got scared because an Indiana football recruit ended up hospitalized with heart issues from COVID about a month ago. It's believed that the parent may have gone to the Commissioner about it.

That Indiana football recruit supposedly is currently practicing with the football team.

I thought their target date was Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:07 am 

312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It moved from the spring, to January 1st, to Thanksgiving. You get to the point where it makes no sense to not play when the other leagues are. What's the big difference between Thanksgiving and the first week of October? At least in the spring you could hope for a vaccine. The odds that a widely available vaccine shows up in October or November is pretty small.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It moved from the spring, to January 1st, to Thanksgiving. You get to the point where it makes no sense to not play when the other leagues are. What's the big difference between Thanksgiving and the first week of October?

None.

The Big Ten really mismanaged this one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:00 am 

This is shaping up to be an absolute disaster for the Big Ten. Some places are so confident they are actually letting fans in at 25% or more capacity. Some college games have already been played. Practices are happening all around the country. High school football, with fans, is happening inside Big Ten cities. Virtually all the coaches and AD's in the Big Ten seem upset that this decision was made in early August for no reason whatsoever. Now, the Big Ten is scrambling from an original plan to play in March and on to seeing if they can start during Thanksgiving which means they'll likely be playing Big Ten football the same week as the national title game.

So far, leadership at the top seems dug in on not playing this fall. They leaked out that it was an 11-3 vote yesterday to try and change the story away from there being turmoil among almost all athletic departments.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next