It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: March Madness
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: What??
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
very disappointing preformance from arkansas...yet another game where they come out very slow - and no way they could muster anything to comeback. musselman was going ape-shit on the bench after a 40 second display of 3 turnovers and 3 a&m subsequent lay-ups and dunks off those turnovers. those 3 consecutive turnovers occurred after arkansas cut the lead to 5, i believe. game went over, the vaunted defense of arkansas quit in the 2nd half.

may make a small play on tenn today, a&m with 4 games in 4 days. against florida/auburn/arkansas and now tenn. jeez, can they do it again?

only 3 teams worth anything in houston, memphis and smu's conference. i like houston today as revenge for getting whipped in memphis last sunday. memphis st. putting stuff together after all the injuries, could make a run in the ncaa tournament.

the richmond spiders have been good to me this year, but, i'm going to take davidson. just too big for richmond.

I took the Celtics over the Hornets the other night. I thought of you. So since you decided to share thoughts today, I'm going to take Houston -3-1/2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I'm old enough to remember when March madness ended in March.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Nardi wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
very disappointing preformance from arkansas...yet another game where they come out very slow - and no way they could muster anything to comeback. musselman was going ape-shit on the bench after a 40 second display of 3 turnovers and 3 a&m subsequent lay-ups and dunks off those turnovers. those 3 consecutive turnovers occurred after arkansas cut the lead to 5, i believe. game went over, the vaunted defense of arkansas quit in the 2nd half.

may make a small play on tenn today, a&m with 4 games in 4 days. against florida/auburn/arkansas and now tenn. jeez, can they do it again?

only 3 teams worth anything in houston, memphis and smu's conference. i like houston today as revenge for getting whipped in memphis last sunday. memphis st. putting stuff together after all the injuries, could make a run in the ncaa tournament.

the richmond spiders have been good to me this year, but, i'm going to take davidson. just too big for richmond.

I took the Celtics over the Hornets the other night. I thought of you. So since you decided to share thoughts today, I'm going to take Houston -3-1/2

yeah...ho-hum beginning of the day. i split, got tenn., but davidson let me down. total collapse in last minute of play. in the quest for diversity, davidson's asian player had a ball slapped out of his hands and then missed a 3 on a later possession. the guy has the upper-body strength of a 7th grader. ball slapped out of his hands and the ball came out like a rocket. davidson couldn't get the ball out of their half in 10 seconds and kept fouling the spiders for 3 point plays. total collapse.

good luck on houston, i also took them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:20 pm 

Duke a 2 seed while Tenn is a 3 seed is an absolute joke.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I like Illinois’ draw.

They could string a couple wins together. Never know.

Sorry to see Loyola get OSU from the jump. Congrats on a good season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
Duke and Kentucky (once again) get favorable seeding...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:15 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I like Illinois’ draw.

Dr Ken with the osu jinx. Loyola opens as a two point favorite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
good dolphin wrote:
I like Illinois’ draw.

Can I jinx them both?

Dr. Ken dream matchup. I don't care what happens but I will laugh when it is over. Hard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Illinois will win the 1st game but I wouldn’t count on anything beyond that. In fact I don’t see any of these teams making a deep run. Despite the sheer numbers I don’t feel any B10 teams are built to win a string of games this year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:39 pm 

Sock Puppet wrote:
Duke and Kentucky (once again) get favorable seeding...

Kentucky should go a lot farther than Duke.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:42 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Didn't Noisewater predict that the Illini will make a "deep run" in the tournament? :lol:

DEEP RUN!! DEEP RUN!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Michigan getting in and getting that draw while Michigan State and Indiana both get terrible draws is what March is all about. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Surprised Illini got #4.

I thought they would be a 5 with the loss to an unranked team in the BTT.

Surprised Indiana is in a play-in game. Thought for sure they woulda punched their ticket. 20-13 is a good record.

Surprised Rutgers is in a play-in game. They were 12-8 in a tough conference and had the #4 seed in the BTT. Yet somehow MSU and UMich are safely in the tournament?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The beauty of the tourney is that posers get revealed and eliminated early. That’s why I don’t care about “snubs” from the major conferences. You weren’t going anywhere anyway so shut the hell up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:02 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I like Illinois’ draw.

Can I jinx them both?

Dr. Ken dream matchup. I don't care what happens but I will laugh when it is over. Hard.

The committee gave you a couple of extra weeks of restful nights by putting the ramblers in different region this year but that scary monster is still hanging around under the bed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Betting on coaches + experienced rosters is the wtg this and most seasons. doesn't seem to be any prohibitive favorites or one-and-done rosters that are gonna roll through the field this year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:18 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
that scary monster is still hanging around under the bed

Don't talk about my wife that way.

She absolutely will kick your ass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:09 pm 

Nardi wrote:

first thoughts are 2 teams that didn't impress me the past few weeks - almost an automatic go against. iowa state and usc. i already like lsu and miami of fl. against those two sides.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:23 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
first thoughts are 2 teams that didn't impress me the past few weeks - almost an automatic go against. iowa state and usc. i already like lsu and miami of fl. against those two sides.

Driving up to Milwaukee Friday to cheer on the Cyclones. Could be a miserable trip.... The Cliff Notes version of ISU is that when they are bad, it's god awful to watch. Defense is typically good, and keeps them in games. Offense is average on a "good" night. They had 5 games this season where they scored under 50 (actually won 1 of them). LSU's offense isn't great either though, and they have a good defense. First team to 60 wins... I don't bet sports much, but without even looking up what the number is, the under could be interesting.

Either way, ISU had 2 wins last season, and 20 this season. +18 is the most ever. Just making the tourney is way above expectations for the season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I like Illinois’ draw.

They could string a couple wins together.

KISS OF DEATH

RIP ILLINI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:39 am 

I was really hoping to avoid playing Kentucky. Maybe we'll get upset before that and I'll get my wish.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tall Midget wrote:
Didn't Noisewater predict that the Illini will make a "deep run" in the tournament? :lol:

DEEP RUN!! DEEP RUN!!!

Seems like you are increasingly frustrated with your Illini fandom. I can't blame you. Perhaps you should consider switching your allegiance to a more successful program like Loyola. I'd bet you'd look snazzy in one of those maroon and gold scarves.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:55 am 

whistler wrote:
Surprised Rutgers is in a play-in game. They were 12-8 in a tough conference and had the #4 seed in the BTT. Yet somehow MSU and UMich are safely in the tournament?

Rutgers was still 4-4 against the worst teams in the Big 10, couple that with bad losses to Lafayette, DePaul and UMass - the profile isn't as good as it could have been.

For Michigan, the wins at Iowa and at Ohio State probably were the difference.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:59 am 

casual fan wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Driving up to Milwaukee Friday to cheer on the Cyclones. Could be a miserable trip.... The Cliff Notes version of ISU is that when they are bad, it's god awful to watch. Defense is typically good, and keeps them in games. Offense is average on a "good" night. They had 5 games this season where they scored under 50 (actually won 1 of them). LSU's offense isn't great either though, and they have a good defense. First team to 60 wins... I don't bet sports much, but without even looking up what the number is, the under could be interesting.

Either way, ISU had 2 wins last season, and 20 this season. +18 is the most ever. Just making the tourney is way above expectations for the season.

I was thinking of going up Sunday. Hell, I take rides up to Milwaukee just to get custard. We'll see how the weekend shapes up

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:30 am 

casual fan wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

yeah...it's great you support them. i agree with your assessment...it may help that lsu fired it's coach. lsu isn't the greatest rebounding team, but iowa state is brutal. outrebounded almost every game by nearly 40%-50%. if that's the case, you better shoot 50+% every game. you can't rely on outside shooting in tournaments, points in the paint is a godsend..i just don't see it here for the cyclones.

when iowa state lost at home (outrebounded 45-27) to a young, inexperienced oklahoma state by 20 points a week and a half ago, followed up by a 31 point loss to texas tech (outebounded 40-24) a few days ago...i don't think this team is peaking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Going to be a couple Chicago connection games at Pitt area. Too bad I might be going the other way for a funeral.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Go Yale!
Go CS Fullerton!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:45 am 

Iowa State really struggled once the calendar turned to 2022.

Best win @TCU, terrible loss at home to Kansas State.

I think the coach has them going in the right direction but this year is not the year for a run.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I like to pick 4 teams for the final four that are either out of the box or semi-out of the box. $20 per
Providence +3300
Houston +550
UCLA +550
Texas Tech +500

I started doing this like 5 years ago and hit two teams. South Carolina and I forget the other one. Been o-fer since. And not just o-fer. Bad o-fer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:24 am 

Nardi wrote:
I like to pick 4 teams for the final four that are either out of the box or semi-out of the box. $20 per
Providence +3300
Houston +550
UCLA +550
Texas Tech +500

I started doing this like 5 years ago and hit two teams. South Carolina and I forget the other one. Been o-fer since. And not just o-fer. Bad o-fer.

I like the Texas Tech pick and Houston. Providence has had lady luck on their side all year but at those odds, it's a fair play. I haven't seen enough west coast hoops to have an opinion on UCLA but their draw is favorable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next