It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

Nice

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Thats a shitty job....way to tell em to keep it. Wait 1 year until Marquette fires Wojo and then pounce.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Thats a shitty job....way to tell em to keep it. Wait 1 year until Marquette fires Wojo and then pounce.

Or Northwestern, where the bloom is quickly fading from Little Collins' rose.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Or Northwestern, where the bloom is quickly fading from Little Collins' rose.
Yup. As long as Gar and Pax are running things, stay as close to the Advocate Center as possible.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Moser has a lot of folks fooled. He has a good pedigree but I watched him fumble around and do nothing at Illinois State for multiple seasons. St Johns isn’t the job it was in the early 80s and a good pass by him, but I’d be surprised if he can pull a Marquette or Northwestern type gig.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: What??
T-Bone wrote:
Moser has a lot of folks fooled. He has a good pedigree but I watched him fumble around and do nothing at Illinois State for multiple seasons. St Johns isn’t the job it was in the early 80s and a good pass by him, but I’d be surprised if he can pull a Marquette or Northwestern type gig.

Then I'm a foolish fool.

Wouldn't Loyola's best move be going to the Big East? That extra dough could go to Moser.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am 

T-Bone wrote:

He'll get the Northwestern gig when the Bulls inevitably hire Chris Collins.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
he can replace shaka smart at texas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
billypootons wrote:
he can replace shaka smart at texas

And Shaka can replace him at Loyola.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 am 

Nice win by 30+ to start the season. I wondered why UCD would start the season in Chicago and then heard Jim Les is their coach.

They have a nice group of juniors and what looks to be a nice group of freshman. I'm not sure if they have enough seasoned depth to push for a third straight conference title but they are certainly in the top tier of the MVC.

It's fun to watch Krutwig play. You know guys unfamiliar with his game come in thinking he's just a big, lane clogging kegger before he puts a nifty post move and a great pass to a cutter on them.

I love Lucas Willamson's game. Tough and multi dimensional like all those guys from the Final Four team.

I'll tell you this right now, Kennedy will be a star in a couple of years. He's not really a point guard yet but my goodness did he flash some elite offensive moves in his first college game. If he develops quickly this year they will go from good to great.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:32 am 

go back to not paying attention

A loss at home to an 0-2 team portends a much worse season than I was anticipating.

Meanwhile, Evansville beat Kentucky, so the MVC is going to be tough.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 pm 

This is shaping up to be a resurgent year of college basketball in the state of illinois

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:13 am 

a young team is coming together. Currently sitting at 13-6 and tied for the conference lead. They have a huge game against co leader Northern Iowa later this week. UNI is really good and I could see them getting a bid even without the conference championship

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:23 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
a young team is coming together. Currently sitting at 13-6 and tied for the conference lead. They have a huge game against co leader Northern Iowa later this week. UNI is really good and I could see them getting a bid even without the conference championship

Is there any way possible Loyola can get in the Big East?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:19 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Is there any way possible Loyola can get in the Big East?

none

let them dominate the MVC for a decade and then they can maybe talk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:20 am 

good dolphin wrote:

14-6 and right on cue, UNI loses on the road to the Salukis. Ramblers alone in first place with the UNI game coming up this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
if they make tourney again he has to cash out and take a better job. i thought it was a mistake he didnt do so after the final four run. ramblers can replace him with a guy who did cash in on tourney success who failed spectacularly.... shaka smart!

edit: i see now in april i made a shaka smart reference... my material needs refreshing

Last edited by billypootons on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:14 am 

billypootons wrote:
if they make tourney again he has to cash out and take a better job. i thought it was a mistake he didnt do so after the final four run. ramblers can replace him with a guy who did cash in on tourney success who failed spectacularly.... shaka smart!

I agree. Last year should have taught a lesson. They returned from the Final Four run with the defending conference POY, the conference freshman of the year and another guy subsequently named conference POY and still didn't make the tournament. Being the hot candidate is a fickle status.

If they can hang on, that would be three straight regular season conference championships and hopefully two NCAA appearances. That would be a pretty nice resume for a step up.

I think he has a kid who is a junior at Loyola Academy, so he may wait one more year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 am 

good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I agree. Last year should have taught a lesson. They returned from the Final Four run with the defending conference POY, the conference freshman of the year and another guy subsequently named conference POY and still didn't make the tournament. Being the hot candidate is a fickle status.

If they can hang on, that would be three straight regular season conference championships and hopefully two NCAA appearances. That would be a pretty nice resume for a step up.

I think he has a kid who is a junior at Loyola Academy, so he may wait one more year.

This is why I ask about the Big East. If you pay the man, Loyola automatically has the resume to jump there, don't they?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
does Loyola even have a big enough arena to be in a major conference? The place only holds 5000 people. Wintrust doubles that. I would assume all other Bigeast arenas are much larger than 5000 as well?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:12 pm 

shakes wrote:
does Loyola even have a big enough arena to be in a major conference? The place only holds 5000 people. Wintrust doubles that. I would assume all other Bigeast arenas are much larger than 5000 as well?

Carnasecca Arena holds 5600. Gentile holds 4600. Not that big of a deal, I wouldn't think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

Carnasecca Arena holds 5600. Gentile holds 4600. Not that big of a deal, I wouldn't think.

True, but St. John's only plays 3 conference home games at Carnasecca. The rest are at MSG. I doubt Loyola is gonna start playing games at the UC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:42 pm 

from the league's perspective, they are only going to expand for the benefit of the league. Another team in Chicago does nothing for them.

There might be other fits.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:45 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
from the league's perspective, they are only going to expand for the benefit of the league. Another team in Chicago does nothing for them.

There might be other fits.

A chicago rivalry would be a plus for the league.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:47 pm 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

True, but St. John's only plays 3 conference home games at Carnasecca. The rest are at MSG. I doubt Loyola is gonna start playing games at the UC.

They could, not right now, but with a commitment to big time basketball, it's possible.

They could share wintrust or there's rosemont.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:35 pm 

got some top 25 votes this week and have won five in a row by double digits

i think they are a top 5 defense in the country

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
billypootons wrote:

edit: i see now in april i made a shaka smart reference... my material needs refreshing

Isn't Texas currently ranked 5th in the nation?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
UIC is 8-5 and 5-3 in conference so far!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:12 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Isn't Texas currently ranked 5th in the nation?

Shaka is like a human chia pet now with all of that hair on top of his head.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:06 pm 

Rambler up to #25 in the CBS rankings.

They should be in if they can split with Drake

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next