It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:38 pm 

I dont think it is Fleck. I think that is wishful thinking.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:47 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Wishful thinking?

Something may change but he is most certainly the favorite right now with both sides thinking that.

Where is Fleck going?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Wishful thinking?

Something may change but he is most certainly the favorite right now with both sides thinking that.

Where is Fleck going?

Both sides thinking that? What is the other side? Has Fleck come out and said he is wanting to go to Purdue?

I have no idea where Fleck is going, just my personal opinion is that it will not be Purdue.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Purdue has football?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Reading Tennesee people on Facebook, they would like Butch Jones to go to Purdue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Wishful thinking?

Where is Fleck going?

Both sides thinking that? What is the other side? Has Fleck come out and said he is wanting to go to Purdue?

I have no idea where Fleck is going, just my personal opinion is that it will not be Purdue.

I have him going to ND once they part ways with coach red ass. I don't think anyone agrees with me but I just got a feeling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:43 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Wishful thinking?

Where is Fleck going?

I have him going to ND once they part ways with coach red ass. I don't think anyone agrees with me but I just got a feeling.

That could happen, Oregon will more than likely need a coach too, I do wonder if Kelly winds up there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:39 am 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Wishful thinking?

Where is Fleck going?

I'm not going to argue with you about rumors. The point is right now there is a lot of smoke around It being him. That could change but calling it wishful thinking isn't right. It's clearly a strong possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Wishful thinking?

Where is Fleck going?

It will not be ND. It would be a disaster for both sides.

ND would take Fitzgerald first.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:09 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Wishful thinking?

Where is Fleck going?

I'm not going to argue with you about rumors. The point is right now there is a lot of smoke around It being him. That could change but calling it wishful thinking isn't right. It's clearly a strong possibility.

:lol: not going to argue about rumors? ok man.

A few days ago it was a lot of smoke around Miles. What happened to that? It was going to be Miles in the next 24 hours.

Maybe Fleck is waiting til after his season is over to go to Purdue. Or maybe he is waiting to see what other jobs come available. He is the hot name around. He would be silly to jump on Purdue and not see else would be open to him. There are going to be more jobs and better jobs come available.

I stand by my opinion that when all the dust settles Fleck will not be at Purdue. He is Purdues Shaka Smart.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:23 am 

RFDC wrote:
A few days ago it was a lot of smoke around Miles. What happened to that? It was going to be Miles in the next 24 hours.
He did an on campus interview and Purdue seems to have passed.
RFDC wrote:
Maybe Fleck is waiting til after his season is over to go to Purdue. Or maybe he is waiting to see what other jobs come available. He is the hot name around. He would be silly to jump on Purdue and not see else would be open to him. There are going to be more jobs and better jobs come available.
I understand if you think another job may come open that he decides to go to instead. Calling it "wishful thinking" is stupid. Fleck is clearly in play here for Purdue. I've never said it was a done deal. He is just the favorite right now. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if Purdue chose Calhoun or Brohm over him too.
RFDC wrote:
I stand by my opinion that when all the dust settles Fleck will not be at Purdue. He is Purdues Shaka Smart.
I wouldn't be surprised by that either. These things are never done until they are done. The problem was you acted like it was a crazy thought to think that Fleck is a viable option for Purdue. He clearly is whether or not he ends up going there.

He is one of four finalists and seemingly the favorite right now. The odds are much higher that he ends up at Purdue over other places like Oregon though. The big threats seem to be North Carolina and maybe Cincinnati.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:38 am 

Saying it is wishful thinking is not saying that he was never in play. I think he has listened to Purdue and considered it. But at the end of the day he will not go there. He has his sights set on a bigger job. It is wishful thinking by Purdue fans to think that he is going to end up there.

And of course if Purdue ends up going with Calhoun or someone it will be spun that they passed on Fleck. Anyone with a brain knows Fleck is a better choice than any of the other names mentioned with the exception of Miles. But of course that is spun too as Purdue passed on Miles. :lol: Miles was never going to WL either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:45 am 

RFDC wrote:
Saying it is wishful thinking is not saying that he was never in play. I think he has listened to Purdue and considered it. But at the end of the day he will not go there. He has his sights set on a bigger job. It is wishful thinking by Purdue fans to think that he is going to end up there.
:lol: That seems to be a little bit of backtracking there. I predict that Fleck is interviewing for the job at some point in the next week. If he does that then I think it is fair to say that it was more than "wishful thinking".

RFDC wrote:
And of course if Purdue ends up going with Calhoun or someone it will be spun that they passed on Fleck. Anyone with a brain knows Fleck is a better choice than any of the other names mentioned with the exception of Miles. But of course that is spun too as Purdue passed on Miles. :lol: Miles was never going to WL either.
You are clueless on Miles. What job is Miles going to get? Miles really wanted to be at Purdue. It's pretty obvious you haven't followed the coaching search at all. Miles may not even get a job this year. Do you honestly think that Miles passed on them?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:14 am 

Fleck would be lucky to have Purdue and Purdue would be lucky to have Fleck.

He needs a lot of polishing to be the front man of a signature program. He's in that category of successful psychos who need to be in underdog type situations.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:15 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Fleck would be lucky to have Purdue and Purdue would be lucky to have Fleck.

He needs a lot of polishing to be the front man of a signature program. He's in that category of successful psychos who need to be in underdog type situations.
Yup. Brian Kelly was the same way. He needed a stop before the big time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Miles really wanted to be at Purdue.

No one really wants to be at Purdue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:34 am 

:lol: i love you brick. Because I disgree with you I am clueless and dont follow along. I would venture to say besides you I follow Purdue stuff more than anyone else around the board. Guess we shall see who is right. Miles will get a job and Fleck will be a coach somewhere other than Purdue

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:43 am 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: i love you brick. Because I disgree with you I am clueless and dont follow along. I would venture to say besides you I follow Purdue stuff more than anyone else around the board. Guess we shall see who is right. Miles will get a job and Fleck will be a coach somewhere other than Purdue
Don't change the discussion. Fleck may end up somewhere else. That doesn't meant it was wishful thinking. Is Fleck going to interview at Purdue this weekend or early next week?

I haven't mentioned it but my original guy with Fleck is supposedly now a player too. There is a legitimate case that Brohm gets offered before Fleck. Calhoun and Spack would not be chosen over Fleck though.

Earlier in the thread you said that Miles will have better opportunities than Purdue. Are you sticking by that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Miles really wanted to be at Purdue.

No one really wants to be at Purdue.

Truth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:51 am 

I have not changed anything. My position here has been the same. Fleck and miles will both have better options than purdue.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:55 am 

RFDC wrote:
I have not changed anything. My position here has been the same. Fleck and miles will both have better options than purdue.
You said it was "wishful thinking" that Purdue could get him. Now you are saying you think Fleck goes somewhere else which is something I've never disagreed with. If Fleck interviews at Purdue then it was not wishful thinking. You shouldn't have been so condescending.

As for Miles, good luck with that. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:59 am 

So to sum it up, so we can look back on it in a week or so. Here is my list.

1A) Fleck
1B) Brohm
2) Calhoun
3) Spack
10) Skip Holtz
They are clearly waiting on either Fleck or Brohm to finish their championship game.

Like I said when the rumors started, no to Les Miles.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:01 am 

I am not sure how saying it is wishful thinking is condescending but whatever works for you. Fans of team overestimate how good of a job their school is. It happens all the time. Like illinois with shaka smart. Indiana does it every time they have an opening.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:06 am 

Brick you also said not too long ago you were all in on miles if he got the right assistants :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 am 

RFDC wrote:
I am not sure how saying it is wishful thinking is condescending but whatever works for you. Fans of team overestimate how good of a job their school is. It happens all the time. Like illinois with shaka smart. Indiana does it every time they have an opening.
It's condescending because unless something major happens Fleck will be interviewing there in the next week. I mean, there are multiple reporters from the state of Indiana that reported it's a done deal or nearly a done deal he will be the next coach. I'm not going that far and I don't think it is completely accurate either. There were names that were wishful thinking but those have mostly gone away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:09 am 

RFDC wrote:
Brick you also said not too long ago you were all in on miles if he got the right assistants :lol:
Yeah, and he didn't so I don't really understand the relevance here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:10 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Because you made it sound like you were always dead set against miles.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:11 am 

Wonder if Miles goes to Baylor if not going to Purdue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:12 am 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Because you made it sound like you were always dead set against miles.
I have been.

I was willing to buy in if he brought in two superstar assistants from Alabama which was unlikely to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:13 am 

:lol: ok man. You are exhausting. Have a good day.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next