It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:17 am 

Helfrich might be worth kicking the tires on

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:21 pm 

Whether it is a smoke screen to get Fleck on board this weekend or not the rumor is that Brohm is the target over Fleck. Brohm also had a championship game this weekend which makes sense why they haven't been able to finish things up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I talked to a guy around Western Kentucky and use to be around Purdue too, he would be surprised if Brohm took the Purdue job.

I imagine get a decision early next week, after this weekend's games.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:53 pm 

Fleck wants to wait on Oregon which I doubt he gets. Purdue has had Brohm higher and looks like this makes the decision easier as they aren't going to wait it out. This would make me very happy. Hopefully it's all done by Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:57 pm 

hmmm imagine that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 pm 

RFDC wrote:
hmmm imagine that.
That Purdue is getting their first choice if it is Brohm?

Your prediction of Miles and Fleck going to a program better than Purdue is looking a little shaky unless you honestly think Oregon is hiring him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:02 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
hmmm imagine that.
That Purdue is getting their first choice if it is Brohm?

Your prediction of Miles and Fleck going to a program better than Purdue is looking a little shaky unless you honestly think Oregon is hiring him.

Funny how the narrative changes along the way. Brohm is now their first choice :lol:

My prediction does not seem shaky at all. Miles and Fleck will not be at Purdue, as I have said all along and they will have better opportunities.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Funny how the narrative changes along the way. Brohm is now their first choice :lol:
Fleck and Brohm were the very first names I ever mentioned on here. Don't be like this. If it is Calhoun or Spack you can but you can't with Brohm.
RFDC wrote:
My prediction does not seem shaky at all. Miles and Fleck will not be at Purdue, as I have said all along and they will have better opportunities.
The market has dried up for Miles. Purdue did in fact pass on Les Miles.
Do you think Fleck is getting the Oregon job? I doubt you would be willing to say it. You just want to show up and say "See, I told you so" without putting anything out there.

The worst thing I said was Fleck was the favorite for the job before the Brohm stuff was even known.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Fleck and Brohm were the very first names I ever mentioned on here. Don't be like this. If it is Calhoun or Spack you can but you can't with Brohm.
RFDC wrote:
The market has dried up for Miles. Purdue did in fact pass on Les Miles.
Do you think Fleck is getting the Oregon job? I doubt you would be willing to say it. You just want to show up and say "See, I told you so" without putting anything out there.

The worst thing I said was Fleck was the favorite for the job before the Brohm stuff was even known.

Sure you mentioned him, but at no point in this process has Brohm been in the forefront of this discussion as if Purdue had him as the #1 target from the get go.

First it was Les Miles is the favorite.

Then it was Fleck is the favorite.

And only now in the last few days has Brohm taken over the favorite spot. He is their #3 choice.

I have no idea whether Fleck will go to Oregon, but I stand by my statement that he will have better opportunities. And that is proving to be right.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:19 pm 

Dude. They passed on Miles! Don't you get that. They could get him today. I was wrong on Fleck being the favorite. Rumors fly around all the time.

Brohm was unknown though always on the list.

The bottom line is I had Fleck and Brohm on roughly the same level. If Brohm is the guy you can't say he wasn't the top target.

I guess we will see on Monday. I just wish you would put yourself out there rather than throwing stones without saying anything that can be proven false.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:25 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dude. They passed on Miles! Don't you get that. They could get him today. I was wrong on Fleck being the favorite. Rumors fly around all the time.

Brohm was unknowns though always on the list.

The bottom line is I had Fleck and Brohm on roughly the same level. If Brohm is the guy you can't say he wasn't the top target.

I guess we will see on Monday. I just wish you would put yourself out there rather than throwing stones without saying anything that can be proven false.

:lol: Put myself out there. That is hilarious. Do you want me to offer you some Scorehead stupid bet?

I have literally said the same thing throughout this entire process, and have been right so far.

This thread and other articles throughout this process clearly show that Brohm was not their top target. It was all the same. Miles and Fleck are the guys.

Here is the title of one of the first articles that comes up in a search Les Miles, P.J. Fleck lead list of seven candidates for Purdue coaching job. The majority of the article talks about Miles and Fleck. Brohm is mentioned in the list in between Calhoun and Carey :lol:

I actually think Brohm will be a good hire if they get him. But he was not their first target. But I understand why it needs to be spun as if he was

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:28 pm 

That's dumb. Brohm wasn't mentioned because no one knew until it broke!

You made up your mind at the start of this and won't listen to reason. You would have been using Brohm against me if he wasn't or if he isn't hired.

I guess I should stop worrying about it. Your agenda is obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
That's dumb. Brohm wasn't mentioned because no one knew until it broke!

You made up your mind at the start of this and won't listen to reason. You would have been using Brohm against me if he wasn't or if he isn't hired.

I guess I should stop worrying about it. Your agenda is obvious.

Oh stop with yourself. You calling anyone out for not listening to reason is HILARIOUS!

What do you mean no one knew about him....he was listed in the article I just posted about from October. He was clearly someone on the bottom end of lists of possible coaches.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:39 pm 

RFDC wrote:
What do you mean no one knew about him....he was listed in the article I just posted about from October. He was clearly someone on the bottom end of lists of possible coaches.
There had been no indication that he had or hadn't talked with anyone about it so it wasn't being reported. It was completely unknown. However, he was targeted right from the start as one of the top choices. When there was confirmation that contact had occurred it was clear that he was at the top of the list. Believe me or not but there is a reason I had him at the top at the very beginning and that didn't change.

Anyways, I am confident early next week I'll be right about at least 2 of these things.
Brohm is the coach.
Miles isn't going to a program better than Purdue.
Fleck isn't going to Oregon or any nationally elite program.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Whomever hires PJ needs to tell his wife to stay the fuck off the field. Their embrace after the game is embarrassing to watch. This is not a one time thing....she does this every game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Anyways, I am confident early next week I'll be right about at least 2 of these things.
Brohm is the coach.
Miles isn't going to a program better than Purdue.
Fleck isn't going to Oregon or any nationally elite program.

Brohm very well maybe the coach.

Miles will get an opportunity to coach somewhere better than Purdue.

Fleck does not need to go to Oregon or a nationally elite program to be in a better position than Purdue.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:20 pm 

Purdue: USA Today’s Dan Wolken is reporting Purdue is no longer confident they will get their much anticipated meeting with PJ Fleck following the MAC championship game and “are prepared to move onto their next target, WKU head coach Jeff Brohm.” Wolken adds that should Brohm leave, WKU has identified Troy head coach Neal Brown as a primary candidate. Wolken adds Purdue might not get their sit down with PJ Fleck because he is hoping to meet with Oregon and would be willing to remain at WMU if an opportunity he did not love did not present itself.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:32 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Purdue: USA Today’s Dan Wolken is reporting Purdue is no longer confident they will get their much anticipated meeting with PJ Fleck following the MAC championship game and “are prepared to move onto their next target, WKU head coach Jeff Brohm.” Wolken adds that should Brohm leave, WKU has identified Troy head coach Neal Brown as a primary candidate. Wolken adds Purdue might not get their sit down with PJ Fleck because he is hoping to meet with Oregon and would be willing to remain at WMU if an opportunity he did not love did not present itself.
That came out about 6 hours after Brohm was rumored to be the number 1 target. It seems like Fleck is waiting on Oregon so Purdue is fine with a guy who was always on his level for them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:31 pm 

Translation: they got turned down by option A and option B so they are moving on to their 3rd choice but of course their 3rd choice was always their #1 choice :lol:

Que the Brick spin......now

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:21 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Translation: they got turned down by option A and option B so they are moving on to their 3rd choice but of course their 3rd choice was always their #1 choice :lol:

Que the Brick spin......now
If you are going to troll then I am done.

Last edited by Brick on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:51 pm 

Appears that Brohm being a done deal to Purdue is not such a sure thing. He is going to interview with Baylor tomorrow.

Quote:
Western Kentucky coach Jeff Brohm will reportedly meet with Baylor about its head coaching vacancy on Sunday, according to Yahoo Sports’ Pat Forde.

Brohm, who recently guided the Hilltoppers to a Conference USA Championship Saturday, is believed to be one of three candidates that will be interviewed for the position. This an interesting development given Purdue’s interest in Brohm. The Hilltoppers coach has been described as an attractive fit to replace Darrell Hazell as the coach at Purdue.

ESPN’s Dan Dakich seemed to confirm that the Boilermakers shared that sentiment on Friday, tweeting that Brohm becoming Purdue’s coach was “doneish.”

However, Dakich’s report was refuted by WDRB-Lousville’s Rick Bozich that same day. Bozich reported that sources told him that Brohm moving to Purdue “is 100 percent not true.”

“It’s completely false,” an anonymous source said. “There is no deal with Purdue.”

It appears evident, though, that Brohm is at least a candidate for Purdue’s head coaching vacancy. Forde reported that the athletic department has shown “some interest.” And why wouldn’t it? Brohm is 30-10 at Western Kentucky and has won back-to-back conference titles.

Meanwhile, the Boilermakers went 9-33 in three-plus seasons under Hazell, leading to his dismissal on Oct. 16. The athletic department’s search for a new coach has proceeded since, but it hasn’t resulted in a deal yet. Former LSU head coach Les Miles is reportedly no longer a candidate. USA Today’s Dan Wolken also reported this week that Western Michigan coach P.J. Fleck isn’t expected to interview for the job.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:36 pm 

Sounds like Cincy is in heavy on Brohm as well.

Purdue has some stiff competition for him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Brick, who is your guy to be the next coach?
Well I was a fan of this hire but give me Fleck if no better program takes him. Otherwise give me someone that throws a lot like Jeff Brohm.
It's Brohm! :alien: I'm really excited. Most didn't even know he was a legit candidate until the middle of last week and they got their #1 choice all along. They wanted Fleck too but Fleck wanted to wait too long.

Last edited by Brick on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Quote:
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 1m1 minute ago
Landing Jeff Brohm is a huge get for #Purdue. Is 15-1 in C-USA past 2 yrs despite QB shuffle this year. This is a home run hire for Boilers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
He was great at Illinois a few years ago. This will work out great for Purdue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:21 pm 

So to tie this up so FF can get back to other threads.

They interviewed Les Miles. They supposedly were not impressed. I'm not sure Les Miles gets a job again.

Brohm and Fleck were both the top options they wanted at the start of the process. They soured on Fleck very quickly and admittedly so did Fleck. The belief is that the multiple reports that Fleck was nearly a done deal came from the Fleck side to try and get a bigger job when at that point he had a 0% chance of being the next coach. From the sounds of it, Fleck is being quite demanding and Oregon chose not to formally interview him too. It's going to be fascinating to see what happens with him. It would seem as if Fleck has now put himself in a position to either go to Cincinnati or to stay at WMU for a year and hope that he gets bigger jobs offers after this year. In my opinion, Fleck views himself as the next Brian Kelly or Urban Meyer. If he can do it then I'll be impressed.

Brohm was #1 with Calhoun being the likely backup plan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Purdue passed on Miles because he wanted too much money for assistants.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:53 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Yep that is what I am hearing as well. Miles was option 1. Fleck was option 2.

They got their 3rd guy.

But it sounds better to make it seem like Miles is a washed up bum and Fleck is too demanding, yadda yadda.

Brohm will be a much better coach than Hazel but he is not nor was he ever their 1st choice.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:01 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Yep that is what I am hearing as well. Miles was option 1. Fleck was option 2.

They got their 3rd guy.

But it sounds better to make it seem like Miles is a washed up bum and Fleck is too demanding, yadda yadda.

Brohm will be a much better coach than Hazel but he is not nor was he ever their 1st choice.
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:38 pm 

Love you Brick.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next