It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Walt Williams Neck wrote:

Running the ole Hoosier "4 Man" offense I see.

Norman Dale wrote:
My team is on the floor.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:18 am 

Matches Malone wrote:

Norman Dale wrote:
My team is on the floor.

No the other player was black and not allowed in the team photo

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Matches Malone wrote:

Norman Dale wrote:
My team is on the floor.

Not sure if you were kidding or not but that is sad. Also, it is a reminder of progress as that was terribly long ago in the scheme of things.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:07 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Kentucky fans melting down posting the home address and business address of the one of the officials who "screwed" them yesterday :lol: :lol:

my gosh I am sick of Kentucky fans. They whine about everything. The NCAA screws them every year...the refs screw them...blah blah blah.

God bless Luke Maye

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:07 am 

pittmike wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Norman Dale wrote:
My team is on the floor.

Not sure if you were kidding or not but that is sad. Also, it is a reminder of progress as that was terribly long ago in the scheme of things.

I believe 1969 SC had it's 1st black player....Johnny Roche was a helluva player Al McGuire no relation to Frank started a scrub to guard Roche Al told the kid to spit in Johnny face he did and Roche got ejected and Marquette got the W

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:21 pm 

Whitey is killin me.*

*I have Oregon in a sweet 16 pool. Only reason why I care. Oh and I have 8-6 in a square pool. I guess I care about that too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:31 pm 

I'll say this. It is nice to see so many honest, bright sounding kids getting some shine time. Comforting even

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am watching this game and I wonder outside of saying you were there do you get a lot out of watching a basketball game from the outer reaches of a football stadium?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:47 pm 

Good get whitey outta there. Kid's pissing down his leg.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:51 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I am watching this game and I wonder outside of saying you were there do you get a lot out of watching a basketball game from the outer reaches of a football stadium?

I don't think you would get anything if it were a football game either. Having been to Talladega and Michigan Stadium I wondered about the people in the cheap seats there. Makes no sense except for the tailgating

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Rebound

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:25 pm 

Missed 4 free throws in the last secs and you cannot box someone out and grab a rebound.

Oregon did not deserve to win that game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Jesus get a rebound

You gotta be fuckin shittin me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
NC opens as a 2.5 point favorite over Gonzaga.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
/

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:
Between 1985 and 1999ish I don't think there was anyone in the USA who followed CBB closer than me other than people getting paid to do it.

My friends and I were intense college hoops fans from about '78 to the late 80s. I can remember how excited I was when the Street & Smith came out.

Here's a good college hoops related story. I may have told it here before, but I think maybe it was in a PM to Hawkeye Vince.

In the late 80s a friend and I worked as the "road crew" for Stu Hirsh, a guy whose orchestra plays a lot of North Shore events and weddings at the high end downtown hotels. Hell, you may have even danced to him before. As an aside, Stu is a great guy with a filthy sense of humor. Sometimes before anyone was in a place he would warm up with this tune he wrote called "She's Sick Again" that had these lyrics:

I could tell by the stench
There was blood in the trench
I could tell from the smell
She wasn't feeling so well

One time I showed up at a golf club in Lake Forest to breakdown and pack up the shit. It was after 2:00 in the morning and the band was still going. All these WASPy motherfuckers were loaded and the old patrician blonde ladies without their shoes and their fat husbands were on the dance floor. Stu was playing "Smoke On The Water". Awesome.

Anyway, sorry to get off track there. One night Stu and the boys were playing a wedding at a downtown hotel, I don't remember which one. I wasn't working it but my buddy who was as big a college hoops fan as I was was. He got done packing up the stuff, it's about one in the morning, and he's driving back through the Loop to get on the expressway and a young 6'8" black dude jumps out in front of his car and he's crying like a baby. It's the middle of winter and the guy has no coat. My buddy rolls down the window and asks the kid what's wrong. The kid is sobbing so hard he can barely speak, but he mumbles something about Coach Billy Tubbs.

The story comes out that he was on the Oklahoma team and somehow he got lost, the team had left for O'Hare without him and Coach Billy Tubbs was going to have his ass, he had no money, and this was the first time he had been in Chicago and he was terrified. My friend was very suspicious and he asked the guy his name. He said it was Anthony Martin. My friend said, "That's a lie. I've watched a lot of Sooners games and I've never seen you." The guy starts blubbering all over and says, "I don't play much. Coach Billy Tubbs says I'm gonna play more next year." So my buddy says, "Okay, how did your team lose in the Tournament last year?" And the kid starts crying really hard and says, "That bald dude from Iowa hit the shot from the top of the key." My friend figured he was telling the truth so he let him get in the car. He wasn't sure what to do with him so he drove him to the Sun-Times building and took him up to the sports department. The guy on the night desk said he would help him.

Did he ever find out if it was actually him? :lol:

The guy on the night desk back then was Dan Cahill.

He has some stories about what an insufferable pud Telander was to work with.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:
Between 1985 and 1999ish I don't think there was anyone in the USA who followed CBB closer than me other than people getting paid to do it.

My friends and I were intense college hoops fans from about '78 to the late 80s. I can remember how excited I was when the Street & Smith came out.

Here's a good college hoops related story. I may have told it here before, but I think maybe it was in a PM to Hawkeye Vince.

In the late 80s a friend and I worked as the "road crew" for Stu Hirsh, a guy whose orchestra plays a lot of North Shore events and weddings at the high end downtown hotels. Hell, you may have even danced to him before. As an aside, Stu is a great guy with a filthy sense of humor. Sometimes before anyone was in a place he would warm up with this tune he wrote called "She's Sick Again" that had these lyrics:

I could tell by the stench
There was blood in the trench
I could tell from the smell
She wasn't feeling so well

One time I showed up at a golf club in Lake Forest to breakdown and pack up the shit. It was after 2:00 in the morning and the band was still going. All these WASPy motherfuckers were loaded and the old patrician blonde ladies without their shoes and their fat husbands were on the dance floor. Stu was playing "Smoke On The Water". Awesome.

Anyway, sorry to get off track there. One night Stu and the boys were playing a wedding at a downtown hotel, I don't remember which one. I wasn't working it but my buddy who was as big a college hoops fan as I was was. He got done packing up the stuff, it's about one in the morning, and he's driving back through the Loop to get on the expressway and a young 6'8" black dude jumps out in front of his car and he's crying like a baby. It's the middle of winter and the guy has no coat. My buddy rolls down the window and asks the kid what's wrong. The kid is sobbing so hard he can barely speak, but he mumbles something about Coach Billy Tubbs.

The story comes out that he was on the Oklahoma team and somehow he got lost, the team had left for O'Hare without him and Coach Billy Tubbs was going to have his ass, he had no money, and this was the first time he had been in Chicago and he was terrified. My friend was very suspicious and he asked the guy his name. He said it was Anthony Martin. My friend said, "That's a lie. I've watched a lot of Sooners games and I've never seen you." The guy starts blubbering all over and says, "I don't play much. Coach Billy Tubbs says I'm gonna play more next year." So my buddy says, "Okay, how did your team lose in the Tournament last year?" And the kid starts crying really hard and says, "That bald dude from Iowa hit the shot from the top of the key." My friend figured he was telling the truth so he let him get in the car. He wasn't sure what to do with him so he drove him to the Sun-Times building and took him up to the sports department. The guy on the night desk said he would help him.

Did he ever find out if it was actually him? :lol:

The guy on the night desk back then was Dan Cahill.

He has some stories about what an insufferable pud Telander was to work with.

:lol: It was for sure him. As it turned out he ended up starting a bunch of games over the next couple seasons. I think he averaged about 10 a game as a senior. We always followed him and rooted for him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13