It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Tim Floyd, Marcus Fizer, Fred Hoiberg...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:12 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Props to Purdue, they looked fantastic. They pose real matchup problems for Kansas--wouldn't be surprising if they beat em--assuming KS gets by Mich. St.

Thanks. I was scared even up 19. Iowa state can really light it up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Props to Purdue, they looked fantastic. They pose real matchup problems for Kansas--wouldn't be surprising if they beat em--assuming KS gets by Mich. St.

What's your projection of Swanigan in the NBA? I've read that he lacks the athleticism to be an impact player for his size (6'9); would he be a top-3 bench guy on a contender?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'd be shocked if Swanigan doesn't end up having a good NBA career.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He's a lock to the Bulls. That's a given.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Are we talking Taj Gibson level or better? I haven't seen much college BB because of work so I'm kinda behind the curve here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:23 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

He seems like a perfect fit for the Spurs but he would never drop down to them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:24 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DannyB wrote:

What's your projection of Swanigan in the NBA? I've read that he lacks the athleticism to be an impact player for his size (6'9); would he be a top-3 bench guy on a contender?

He's the hardest worker I've ever seen. He is almost certainly working out right now. A smart team will draft him late on the first round and he'll develop.

He has a lot of work to do defensively against the kind of players you get in the NBA though. You saw it tonight with that one guy who dunked on him. I think he will though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:25 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He seems like a perfect fit for the Spurs but he would never drop down to them.

He's a borderline first round pick so far.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
You can't be a Bulls fan and cheer for Iowa State. Fuck everything that college has done to Chicago. We were all "Purdue" tonight.

they got good out of state tuition though

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:32 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Are we talking Taj Gibson level or better? I haven't seen much college BB because of work so I'm kinda behind the curve here.

You've still probably watched more Purdue than I have, but I almost feel like I don't need to see more than the first two games of this tournament to feel confident about that. Skilled players combined with very hard workers don't usually fail. at worst they round out to rotation players. He seems like a completely different player than Taj but I'd say yeah he will be as good or better than him. I would take him in the 15-20 range right now even though most mock drafts had him around 28-30th overall.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You've still probably watched more Purdue than I have, but I almost feel like I don't need to see more than the first two games of this tournament to feel confident about that. Skilled players combined with very hard workers don't usually fail. at worst they round out to rotation players. He seems like a completely different player than Taj but I'd say yeah he will be as good or better than him. I would take him in the 15-20 range right now even though most mock drafts had him around 28-30th overall.

Appreciate the info from you and BR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He lacks athleticism. He can struggle against really athletic guys but his struggle is still scoring 20 and 10 but giving up points on the other end. He's also becoming an elite shooter.

I believe you are correct. His floor is solid player. He could work his way to good starter or even more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He lacks athleticism. He can struggle against really athletic guys but his struggle is still scoring 20 and 10 but giving up points on the other end. He's also becoming an elite shooter.

I believe you are correct. His floor is solid player. He could work his way to good starter or even more.

Yeah, I wouldn't be overly concerned about the athleticism. Draymond Green lacked athleticism and a consistent three point shot coming into the league. Hard workers overcome those things.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:08 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Unable to watch the game, but looking at the box score and the recap tells me it was vintage postseason Iowa State...fall behind big, stage a comeback...live and die by the 3...30% from the arc, yuck. Only hope is that the kids who Prohm is bring in next year are as good as advertised. Otherwise will be a huge talent dropoff.

Congrats to Purdue...whether they are playing Kansas or MSU next, I hope the Boilermakers fucking eviscerate them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Looks like Northwestern really got fucked by the refs, could have been interesting if the officiating wasn't awful.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
Gonna qualify this by saying I'm only watching my 2nd FSU game of the year, but this Jonathon Isaac guy isn't very impressive. This dude's a top 10 NBA prospect in a loaded draft?

I've seen him 10-15x this year. He's fantastic, but some games he disappears. I blame his coach. Guy prides himself in playing 12 guys regularly. 10 players average over 10 minutes per game. Every 3 minutes he's got 2-3 new guys coming in off the bench. IMO, as a result they have no chemistry and never really know what they are supposed to do. Isaac is their best player and he has him shuffling in and out of the lineup multiple times per half.

He needs to gain weight, but he's nearly 7'0, can put the ball on the floor like a guard, makes smart plays, can finish, doesn't have a terrible shot. Amongst college freshman, I'd put him no worse than 7th behind Ball, Fultz, Jackson, Fox, Tatum and Smith Jr and might have the highest upside of any of them. But, I think he;s a redshirt so keep in mind that would mean he's a year older than the other guys on that list.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:25 am 

FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Too many white players on St. Mary's

Landale is the best player on the court.

He definitely was last night. Trier and/or Markkanen usually get that honor, but they were both dog shit last night. But at least Markkenan finally woke up in the last 2 minutes and Trier knocked down a few jumpers eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 am 

lipidquadcab wrote:
Unable to watch the game, but looking at the box score and the recap tells me it was vintage postseason Iowa State...fall behind big, stage a comeback...live and die by the 3...30% from the arc, yuck. Only hope is that the kids who Prohm is bring in next year are as good as advertised. Otherwise will be a huge talent dropoff.

Congrats to Purdue...whether they are playing Kansas or MSU next, I hope the Boilermakers fucking eviscerate them.

Thanks. It was a great game. Purdue was lucky it built a big lead.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Big ten doing pretty damn good, love to see Michigan take Louisville out today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:35 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's nearly impossible to evaluate Swanigan as a prospect similar to how it was nearly impossible to evaluate Gonzaga as a team at the end of the regular season. Gonzaga doesn't play anybody so how can you tell how good they are? Similarly, Swanigan doesn't play against anybody even close to an NBA player so how do you really know how good he will be at the next level? Last night he was being guarded by a guy who's 6'5. In the NBA, Swanigan will be looking up at pretty much everyone he has to match up with.

That said, he looks fantastic vs all these smaller teams....also helps that he has a 7 footer next to him to take away some of the attention and help on the glass and defensively.

Brick, you were right about Purdue being a F4 contender, but you had the wrong Edwards pegged as the guy who needed to step up. Carson has been solid, but Vince has been their 2nd best player for the past 2 weeks.

As long as Purdue can continue to avoid teams with height they'll continue to roll. Purdue fans should be cheering very hard for Louisville today cause that's the only other team in the region that can match up down low. Maybe Oregon as well to a lesser degree as Jordan Hill is a beast.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:42 am 

shakes wrote:

Big East: As bad as I've ever seen Villanova play and still somehow squeaked out a win. Jalen Brunson was awful until the final 2 minutes. But, what I don't understand is why Jay Wright continues to start and play last year's NCAA hero Kris Jenkins. He is easily the winner of national least improved player. Guy spent the whole summer sitting on his couch watching last year's one shining moment on a loop while stuffing his face with twinkies. He's fat, slow, and can't shoot anymore. Can't even hit a free throw. Whole team sucks when he is on the floor. Yet, he keeps getting a ton of minutes.

Unfortunately Jaw Wright didn't read this post cause he cost his team the game yesterday by once again refusing to put that fat POS Jenkins on the bench. Guy literally shot his team out of the tournament. Jay Wright just sits there smiling and tells sideline reporter that Jenkins needs to keep shooting. WTF! Guy was 0-10 at one point in the first round game, missing everything in the 2nd round game, but keeps getting the ball and clear outs. Fucking stupid. Then at the end they go 3x to the same shit play where Hart drives to the right and gets his shit blocked by 3 guys. Meanwhile Jalen Brunson has already shown he can get to the hole for a 8 foot jumper or kick out to wide open guy at will, but instead they go with the same crap Hart play.

Knew this team was flawed, started seeing it a few weeks ago. Glad I picked Duke in this bracket, but as someone who jumped on the Villanova bandwagon last year and probably watched 25 of their games this season it sucked to see them go out so predictably.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Terrible foul call on Michigan. He got all ball.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:07 pm 

Yep, two bad calls against Michigan . Rick Pitino can fuck right off too.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:21 pm 

Bye bye Louisville

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:23 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Bye bye Louisville

Awesome. Blue is looking really good with the bonus of sending that pasty fuck Pitino home.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:31 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Bye bye Louisville

Awesome. Blue is looking really good with the bonus of sending that pasty fuck Pitino home.

Really liked the versatility of Wilson and Wagner; Walton, Jr. is a tough as nails player too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
This Kentucky/Wichita game is proving that bad basketball can be compelling basketball.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
The last two minutes are making up for the 38 minutes of bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:58 pm 

Bad offense by Wichita St. to end the game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next