It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:10 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
My source tells me that Sean Miller not Archie Miller will be the guy.

Seriously?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
It's gotta be Alford, no? He is the type to just bail on somebody.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:02 pm 

Chus wrote:

Lots think so. Surprisingly Dan Dakich has already said he is his guy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Seriously?

Take it for what it's worth. The guy said a week and half ago that Crean was history and that he wanted out as well. I thought he was full of shit but that came true. I still don't quite believe this either though.

I think it's a lateral move from AZ to IU but there is supposedly some talks going on behind the scenes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:04 pm 

Chus wrote:

He's such a piece of shit. I'll be pissed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:18 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Seriously?

Take it for what it's worth. The guy said a week and half ago that Crean was history and that he wanted out as well. I thought he was full of shit but that came true. I still don't quite believe this either though.

I think it's a lateral move from AZ to IU but there is supposedly some talks going on behind the scenes.

Yeah i have a hard time thinking that Miller would leave Zona for IU. Wasn't Miller on their list while at Xavier and wasn't interested?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Be careful laughing too much, your boys could get upset in the first round :wink:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:57 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Be careful laughing too much, your boys could get upset in the first round :wink:

Survive and advance.

I like your chances to get to the sweet sixteen.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:06 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Survive and advance.

I like your chances to get to the sweet sixteen.

Hopefully. After last year I'm not getting my hopes up. They should.

Vermont was the perfect matchup.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Chus wrote:

Not to try and get off topic, but is that what Cuonzo Martin is doing, left Tennesee for Cal and now Cal for Missouri.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 am 

RFDC wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Seriously?

Yeah i have a hard time thinking that Miller would leave Zona for IU. Wasn't Miller on their list while at Xavier and wasn't interested?

Are the Miller boys from the Midwest?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am 

reents wrote:
Chus wrote:

Not to try and get off topic, but is that what Cuonzo Martin is doing, left Tennesee for Cal and now Cal for Missouri.

That seems like an odd career path. I don't know if there is even a promotion in that chain of schools.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:49 am 

Many on the Purdue board are acting like Alford is virtually a done deal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:50 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm going to be super pissed if this happens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That is the sense I am getting as well.

I hope it is wrong.

I would rather Hank be right and get Sean Miller.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:01 pm 

I decided to check out Dakich's show today to see what he was saying. I knew he was 100% in the Alford camp. But wanted to see what he was saying about it all.

Basically his line of thought is that IU needs an Indiana guy to run the program. For 17 years since Knight they have had coaches that were not connected to IU and it has been bad. They have not recruited the state of Indiana the way they should. They come in and say they are going to recruit Indiana hard, but they have no clue or relationships with the HS coaches of Indiana. Case in point Tom Izzo has better relationships with many Indiana HS coaches than Crean or Sampson did. Crean had something like 2 Indiana kids in the last 4 classes.

So he feels like they should go after Alford because he is the ultimate Indiana guy. High School legend. Won a Nat Championship at IU. Already knows the coaches and the state as well as anyone in the country. The top Indiana recruit for next year is committed to UCLA. His dad has a great relationship with Indiana coaches. He spends his offseasons in Indiana. So he could come in and from day 1 have a leg up on Indiana recruiting.

He actually thinks this is already a done deal and as soon as UCLA is finished in the tournament they will make an announcement.

So as much as Dakich is a jackass blowhard himself, he at least makes a pretty clear case for what he wants. He also had a couple pretty good stories about how Knight got lazy in recruiting after about 92-93 and that was a huge connection to their dropoff. Doesn't sound like he has much love anymore for Coach Knight.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pagliai's in Champaign Circa 1989
Fuck Alford. Guy's got shit hair and ran Iowa into the ground. He was a short man's Uwe Blab.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 am 

Alford makes sense because UCLA will likely take a downturn after this year. Ball and his kid are gone. TJ Leaf will likely go since he looks to be a lottery and the 4th best scorer is a senior.

Remember he left Iowa when his group were seniors and left for a smaller school (New Mexico St)

Martin is following the same path - when he might be close to being on the hot seat, he runs to the next payday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:09 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Alford makes sense because UCLA will likely take a downturn after this year. Ball and his kid are gone. TJ Leaf will likely go since he looks to be a lottery and the 4th best scorer is a senior.

Another Ball brother is on his way along with the top recruit from Indiana. I think they have the #2 rated recruiting class.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:13 am 

RFDC wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Another Ball brother is on his way along with the top recruit from Indiana. I think they have the #2 rated recruiting class.

That Ball is not as good as the other one. Yes, they have a good class, but now that Bryce is graduating - good time to move. May not get this chance again for this elite job. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:18 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

That Ball is not as good as the other one. Yes, they have a good class, but now that Bryce is graduating - good time to move. May not get this chance again for this elite job. 8)

yeah good point. Ugh

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Remember he left Iowa when his group were seniors and left for a smaller school (New Mexico St)

Martin is following the same path - when he might be close to being on the hot seat, he runs to the next payday.

Why would Alford leave a better job in UCLA to come to Indiana? He has the #2 rated recruiting class in the country, he has 2 more Ball brothers on the way. If anything, UCLA is poised to become the best UCLA bball program we've seen in 25-30 years. The way he has handled Ball and Leaf and how they've flourished probably has every top recruit coming out in the next 3 years taking notice and piquing their interest.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:59 am 

This tweet has the IU Message boards going crazy

Dan Dakich @dandakich
To quote me.."It's Done"
10:27 AM - 18 Mar 2017

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
that's crazy if Alford goes there. I understand that that has probably been his dream job for 25 years, but he's already at one of the top 5 jobs in all of CBB. And he has them poised to be at the top of the heap for a long time.

Unless maybe he doesn't want to deal with Lavar Ball for 4 more years?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:31 am 

shakes wrote:
that's crazy if Alford goes there. I understand that that has probably been his dream job for 25 years, but he's already at one of the top 5 jobs in all of CBB. And he has them poised to be at the top of the heap for a long time.

I know it is hard to believe. Who knows what is reality and what isn't.

Dakich has been pretty close to Alford for many years.

There also remains a lot of talk about Billy Donovan. Obviously if he is interested you kick everyone else to the curb and get his ass to Bloomington. But I just do not see that happening at all. Supposedly Dakich said he was going to be talking to Donovan on the phone soon.

So again who knows. Dakich is a big blowhard, but he is pretty connected to Indiana stuff and lots of coaches.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:05 pm 

Ugh... I don't want this fucking guy....

As far as UCLA to IU. They are both "Elite" programs historically. In the case of IU, someone can still come in and be Knight's equal or even better. No one is touching Wooden's legacy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:57 am 

RFDC wrote:
shakes wrote:

I know it is hard to believe. Who knows what is reality and what isn't.

Dakich has been pretty close to Alford for many years.

There also remains a lot of talk about Billy Donovan. Obviously if he is interested you kick everyone else to the curb and get his ass to Bloomington. But I just do not see that happening at all. Supposedly Dakich said he was going to be talking to Donovan on the phone soon.

So again who knows. Dakich is a big blowhard, but he is pretty connected to Indiana stuff and lots of coaches.

Also remember, UCLA almost fired him last year and made him give back some of his money. I have to believe there are some not so good feelings from Alford toward the school.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:00 am 

Ok I am fully in support of Alford now just to piss off Shamoo DiCaro

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm 

This is spot on: http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/3/18/ ... al-assault

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:28 pm 

I heard the announcement isn't close to being made. When asked for details, the answer sent back to my guy was a picture of the OKC schedule. Now they are just playing with my emotions. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next