It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Brad Underwood
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:47 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
shakes wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
This would be a big win for Illinois.

Not by the end of the year it won't. Northwestern is awful.

So is Illinois.

But the public doesn’t share your opinion about NU.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
shakes wrote:

So is Illinois.

By the end of the year they will. NU still living off of last season. They have looked awful this year. Illinois is shit, no top 25 team should struggle with them at home. NU isn't a top 25 team. They might not even be a tournament team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
shakes wrote:

So is Illinois.

That went from being potentially one of the most satisfying Illini wins to one of the most frustrating losses. Still like Underwood.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:36 am 

Underwood may smack one of his players tonight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 pm 

What you have here tonight is utter domination. Brad's boys are making the ordinarily powerful Longwood five look foolish. The Illini are even letting that big Lugan play.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I think they have a match up with the might, cougars?, of Chicago state soon too. Was getting updates on my phone the other night of the NU vs CSU tilt and I had a hard tune believing the scores I was seeing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
tommy wrote:
What you have here tonight is utter domination. Brad's boys are making the ordinarily powerful Longwood five look foolish. The Illini are even letting that big Lugan play.

What the fuck is a Longwood?

I listened to much of the first half, going back and forth with MLB Radio. Came back at the start of the second half and was told that Longwood was expected to finish second to last in their crappy conference.

Shouldn't Longwood play Chicago State instead?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:25 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Looking good so far.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:56 pm 

Looking good so far.

Ass-kickingly good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:32 pm 

tommy wrote:
Looking good so far.

Ass-kickingly good.

This loss is gonna be a bad one.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:19 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Looking good so far.

Ass-kickingly good.

Bite your tongue.

Good win.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:45 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Looking good so far.

Ass-kickingly good.

Bite your tongue.

Good win.

It was.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 pm 

Blown a large lead at home tonight vs. Iowa.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:23 am 

RFDC wrote:
Blown a large lead at home tonight vs. Iowa.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Illini are pathetic. Underwood better hope he figures out how to recruit over the next few months, because Ayo ain't going to save this shit pile.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
shakes wrote:

So is Illinois.

what do you think the public is saying now about NU?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:47 pm 

Oooooh, let me tell ya! This Illini-Nebraska game is . . . not pretty.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:44 pm 

Illini down nine in the first half to Wisconsin, but adoreme.com is advertising $49 lingerie outfits for only $14. Order now to have them before Valentine's Day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 pm 

Who wins a conference game first?

a) Illini Basketball
b) Illini Baseball (they open on 2-16)

I got baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
tommy wrote:
Who wins a conference game first?

a) Illini Basketball
b) Illini Baseball (they open on 2-16)

I got baseball.

"c) Neither" may actually be a realistic option.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:05 pm 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them get a W vs Indiana. Indiana is real up and down.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I haven't been able to catch a minute of ILLini basketball, after the Mizzou game. Is Underwood a terrible coach? Will they be any better next year?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Add football to the list, too!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:25 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
I haven't been able to catch a minute of ILLini basketball, after the Mizzou game. Is Underwood a terrible coach? Will they be any better next year?

They are playing hard at least. Some say the current roster is not able to play the up tempo game Underwood wants. The roster is still filled with Groce's crap.

Frazier (the frosh guard from the state of Florida) looks to be what people thought Mark Smith (the reigning Mr. Illinois Basketball) was going to be. Smith is having a tough time playing big boy basketball and there is talk he is unhappy and will transfer. Williams (Frank's kid) missed his senior HS season with a knee and looks to be doing ok when he does not throw the ball away in crucial situations. Leron Black appears to be the only Groce era player who has gotten better under Underwood. The rest of the roster either plays badly, get hot in limited stretches (Kipper last night) or are just guys with a pulse.

Underwood has not been able to recruit a big, or even a big transfer, which is extremely problematic for next year despite having a stud guard, Ayo from Morgan Park, coming in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I know this is because of the Big 10 tournament being in New York this year, weird to see Illinois during the regular season, play on a Monday Night and then a game on Wednesday night too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:32 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

They are playing hard at least. Some say the current roster is not able to play the up tempo game Underwood wants. The roster is still filled with Groce's crap.

Frazier (the frosh guard from the state of Florida) looks to be what people thought Mark Smith (the reigning Mr. Illinois Basketball) was going to be. Smith is having a tough time playing big boy basketball and there is talk he is unhappy and will transfer. Williams (Frank's kid) missed his senior HS season with a knee and looks to be doing ok when he does not throw the ball away in crucial situations. Leron Black appears to be the only Groce era player who has gotten better under Underwood. The rest of the roster either plays badly, get hot in limited stretches (Kipper last night) or are just guys with a pulse.

Underwood has not been able to recruit a big, or even a big transfer, which is extremely problematic for next year despite having a stud guard, Ayo from Morgan Park, coming in.

He may have made a mistake in passing on THT from Simeon. He may turnout to be better than Ayo. He is more skilled. Currently ranked a few slots behind Ayo and they definitely should have been able to play alongside one another.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

He may have made a mistake in passing on THT from Simeon. He may turnout to be better than Ayo. He is more skilled. Currently ranked a few slots behind Ayo and they definitely should have been able to play alongside one another.

I think here were rumors of family issues between THT and Ayo that made them playing together an issue. Ayo has a sister.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
DannyB wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Also, Horton Tucker and his family didn't bash Illinois.

I'm interested in LTG's take on this one.

Underwood should have chosen the Irvins over Simeon. Simeon has provided junk since Nick Anderson. Kevin Turner was ok but not elite and really just a throw in for Notree years ago.

The best players in the state tend to play for the Fire anyway. Robert Smith has used leverage when believed that he had it so why shouldn't the Irvins?

I don't blame Smith for Rose and Parker because the family handled the recruiting in both situations.

I do blame him for forcing ILLINOIS to take kids that were not Big Ten players however. He used the Simeon brand to force Ilinois's hand on guys like Tate and D.J. Williams. Stan Simpson too. Promised better players down the road and it never materialized.

I actually see Talen Horton as one of those kinds of players. He is only about 6'3 tops and not athletic. He'd have transferred out at some point anyway.

The Irvins didn't do business with Grove because they were mad that he chose Paris over Chin for the assistant coach job. It's one of the reasons that they missed on bright lights and to a lesser degree Charlie Moore. They didn't want to deal with Illinois or Paris in particular. Probably one of the reasons, albeit a slight one, as to why they missed on Brunson.

Chin is their guy. This means that Illinois will be in play for every player that comes through the Fire program. Doesn't mean they will get them but they will have more of a chance.

Problem with that is that the Fire haven't been all that good the last 3 years. They have been getting blasted on the circuit since guys like Okafor and Alexander have departed.
Their talent has coincided with a general drop in talent in the Chicago area. If Chicago isn't good then they aren't either.
Ayo isn't an NBA prospect though he will be a help to the program.

Yeah what exactly is Horton-Tucker? He looks kind of like Q Richardson with more baby fat. Yet Kansas & Michigan State offered him, among many others.

He is an undersized 3. He has long arms which makes him appear taller than he is. He has a decent skill set but he doesn't wow with it.

Some of the stuff I've read suggests that he will put on muscle and be an undersized power player in the Dantley/Aguirre/Calvin Natt vein.

He is already a thick kid. He can tone up a little but he doesn't really have to add weight. He doesn't have the low post game those guys had.

The high majors really started checking for him late. I don't see him having much impact in the Big 12

Dis Henricksen thinks Horton-Tucker has major star potential. Sounds a lot like Q Richardson to me, based on his comments. Thinks Griffin can be very good once he develops his off-hand. Conditt is a string bean project. Have you seen any of these guys play this year?

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 056757001/

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:30 pm 

The end of the Illini-Indiana game was only slightly less miserable than the end of the Hawks game since Indiana refused to accept the Illini trying to give them the game. Goodness gracious.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:
The end of the Illini-Indiana game was only slightly less miserable than the end of the Hawks game since Indiana refused to accept the Illini trying to give them the game. Goodness gracious.

Yeah what a terrible 2nd half by IU. Turnovers. Missed Free throws. Missing a guy wide open for a look at the end. Terrible game.

I will give Archie a pass in his first year and they show glimpses of good things. Next year they cannot lose games like that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next