It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Brad Underwood
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
I honestly feel the world is a better place when U of I Athletics struggle. Who's with me on this?

You've been livin' in a real nice world lately, Bob.

Your world is about to end.

What about Football? Aren't we in Lovie Smith's "3rd Quarter" @ U of I

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
this is a good game

edit: this was a good game

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
tommy wrote:
this is a good game

edit: this was a good game

Tough loss for the Illini. Would have been a win with Trent, I think. Kipper needs to match the energy level of his teammates.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Well that was something to watch. Going to be a rough year for the Illini this season based on what I saw last night. After coming out of the blocks
well, the last 35 minutes of the game were a tough watch. The middle of the first half may have set basketball back a few decades. It was a total mess
and looked like a bad game of street ball. I am guessing having Frazier in there would have made a big difference in getting the Illini settled down and into
whatever kind of offensive sets they have. I say that because it doesn't look like they have much of an offensive philosophy if they can fast break or cause a turnover. Final thoughts below....

Dosunmu is a player. Jesus, without him the Illini would win single digit games this year. Assuming he doesn't transfer, I am excited to have him.

Williams is also a nice player, kind of reminds me of his dad out there in some ways, wish he was a few inches taller. Another nice piece to have

Bezhanishvili is decent but seemed very out of control early. I am sure that had something to do with his mom being in the stands from overseas.

Feliz is a hot mess. Maybe he got more playing time with Frazier out but he can't shoot worth shit and he gambles all over the place. He has some handles but that is the only redeeming quality I saw from him. He air balled two wide open 3 pointers.

Kipper is a nice role player, kind of wish he was a bit more aggressive.

Overall it is your standard undersized Illinois team with good athletes but they don't seem to play well as a team. I am guessing part of this is the coaching
philosophy. It is hard for me to watch them play basketball because it is a total mess. The coach isn't very likeable to boot. Maybe he just doesn't have
"his players" but I wasn't impressed with much that he did including in game adjustments. The Hoyas were nothing special at all. I found it interesting that
Alonzo Mourning's son was on the team. It is a good thing that his dad was a legend there because in my mind he doesn't really belong on a major conference team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I thought this Illinois coach was supposed to be good and a recruiter?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:51 am 

pittmike wrote:
I thought this Illinois coach was supposed to be good and a recruiter?

He may be better than he showed last night. Employs a run and gun offense and likes to play full court defense to create turnovers. Didn't work last night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 am 

I used to be able to name pretty much all the players on Illinois and De Paul.

I have watched a couple of their games this year and they are as foreign to me as the starting lineup for Santa Clara (no offense Aggravated Sox Fan Bob)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:
I used to be able to name pretty much all the players on Illinois and De Paul.

I have watched a couple of their games this year and they are as foreign to me as the starting lineup for Santa Clara (no offense Aggravated Sox Fan Bob)

Steve Motherfucking Nash and any 4 walk ons vs any team you got!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:13 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Well that was something to watch. Going to be a rough year for the Illini this season based on what I saw last night. After coming out of the blocks
well, the last 35 minutes of the game were a tough watch. The middle of the first half may have set basketball back a few decades. It was a total mess
and looked like a bad game of street ball. I am guessing having Frazier in there would have made a big difference in getting the Illini settled down and into
whatever kind of offensive sets they have. I say that because it doesn't look like they have much of an offensive philosophy if they can fast break or cause a turnover. Final thoughts below....

Dosunmu is a player. Jesus, without him the Illini would win single digit games this year. Assuming he doesn't transfer, I am excited to have him.

Williams is also a nice player, kind of reminds me of his dad out there in some ways, wish he was a few inches taller. Another nice piece to have

Bezhanishvili is decent but seemed very out of control early. I am sure that had something to do with his mom being in the stands from overseas.

Feliz is a hot mess. Maybe he got more playing time with Frazier out but he can't shoot worth shit and he gambles all over the place. He has some handles but that is the only redeeming quality I saw from him. He air balled two wide open 3 pointers.

Overall it is your standard undersized Illinois team with good athletes but they don't seem to play well as a team. I am guessing part of this is the coaching
philosophy. It is hard for me to watch them play basketball because it is a total mess. The coach isn't very likeable to boot. Maybe he just doesn't have
"his players" but I wasn't impressed with much that he did including in game adjustments. The Hoyas were nothing special at all. I found it interesting that
Alonzo Mourning's son was on the team. It is a good thing that his dad was a legend there because in my mind he doesn't really belong on a major conference team.

I disagree. This Illini team looks like their best in damn near a decade. Missing Frazier hurt a lot. Ayo and Frazier are possibly the best back court in the Big Ten. Giorgi is shockingly good. And I don't know why you don't like Underwood. I like coaches who get in the player's face for sucking.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:48 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I disagree. This Illini team looks like their best in damn near a decade. Missing Frazier hurt a lot. Ayo and Frazier are possibly the best back court in the Big Ten. Giorgi is shockingly good. And I don't know why you don't like Underwood. I like coaches who get in the player's face for sucking.

I don't have a problem with the coach who has a massive case of red ass. I played for a coach who was similar and was a guy I respected very much.
I just thought it was a game that they should have won and I didn't see that he made any kind of adjustments on either end. I guess I just haven't watched them play that style of basketball and I honestly didn't care for it. They have a few talented players and I hope I am wrong but I see them lingering near the bottom of the Big Ten again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:28 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I don't have a problem with the coach who has a massive case of red ass. I played for a coach who was similar and was a guy I respected very much.
I just thought it was a game that they should have won and I didn't see that he made any kind of adjustments on either end. I guess I just haven't watched them play that style of basketball and I honestly didn't care for it. They have a few talented players and I hope I am wrong but I see them lingering near the bottom of the Big Ten again.

They have 8 new players and 6 freshman playing. It will take some time. Illinois has been god awful for about 6 years now. This team at least has life. At this point, as an Illinois fan, I’ll take it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Not sure how MANY feel but I would rather the build to greatness is slow, long and lasting. I'd rather many good players than just doing the one and done flash in the pan great run and the coach off ala Bill Self.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Bill Walton has always been pretty annoying but he's just out of his mind now.

I'm not even sure he's even watching the game as opposed to just rambling.

I also feel like he hates Jason Benetti.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:30 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
This is the craziest broadcast I've ever heard. They just spent 5 minutes talking about volcanoes.

I'm not kidding. Benetti is clearly frustrated.

I'm also about 30 minutes behind.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:38 am 

This is the craziest broadcast I've ever heard. They just spent 5 minutes talking about volcanoes.

Wait until you get to their last exchange before the half.....this is bizarro world.

Walton firing off questions about JB's personal life, and clearly not even listening to his answers.
I'm not sure ESPN can put these two together again, it's that bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:42 am 

spanky wrote:

Wait until you get to their last exchange before the half.....this is bizarro world.

Walton firing off questions about JB's personal life, and clearly not even listening to his answers.
I'm not sure ESPN can put these two together again, it's that bad.

I'm not even there yet and I already had that thought.

They are openly mocking each other and I still have 5 minutes to go in the half.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:44 am 

I hope the Illini don't get blown out too quickly because I'm fascinated by this broadcast.

Never heard anything like it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:47 am 

I hope the Illini don't get blown out too quickly because I'm fascinated by this broadcast.

Never heard anything like it.

I'm gonna be tired at work tomorrow, but I have to stay up just to see if Walton is allowed to make it to the end of this broadcast.

I can't wait to hear what the first couple of off topic things he says to Jason after the break....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:47 am 

Walton: Do you know the impact that fertilizer has on your garden?

Benetti: Yes.

LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:57 am 

spanky wrote:
Wait until you get to their last exchange before the half.....this is bizarro world. .

You weren't lying. This is insane.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:02 am 

We did learn that not even Bill Walton has heard of the White Sox or what city they are from.

I was hoping to catch up by FF through the downtime but that's when all the good stuff is happening with Walton and Benetti.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:04 am 

It is kind of fun to hear Walton give a first-half recap like he actually watched the game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:04 am 

Safe to say this season is shaping up a lot like last year for Illinois. What an embarrassing mess Illinois athletics have become. Curse of the Chief!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:05 am 

So far Walton has called Brad Underwood - Frank, Bill, and Brett.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:05 am 

Unlike a humpback whale......Walton "prefers to breed year 'round".

Yep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:07 am 

In Walton's defense, Benetti does seem to be egging him on. He's not exactly trying to defuse the situation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:09 am 

Walton is definitely under some kind of influence, right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:14 am 

Walton is definitely under some kind of influence, right?

Let's assume he is.

He just keeps going.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:19 am 

Was he asking what is "The Beach of the Game?"

I'm caught up. I honest to God am lost.

I care about this game and it's kind of a secondary concern to me at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:31 am 

I just can't say enough about how crazy this is. I've never heard anything like it.

And....go Illini...still have a chance...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next