It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 pm 

I don't think she takes it. This would probably be bad thing for her brand long term. Getting worked over by a bunch of former Pros.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... ffer-clark

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 pm 

She better take it, that is insane money and will go a long in promoting women’s basketball and bringing larger sponsor dollars.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
She can get as good or better given her clout right now. I'm sure there is a team around her thinking how best to capitalize on her star power.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Why not take it? That's a lot more than she will make in the WNBA before she drifts into obscurity. The endorsement deals will dry up because no one cares about the WNBA. She will bring some attention to it for a year or two at best, then everyone will go back to not paying any attention to it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:44 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Why not take it? That's a lot more than she will make in the WNBA before she drifts into obscurity. The endorsement deals will dry up because no one cares about the WNBA. She will bring some attention to it for a year or two at best, then everyone will go back to not paying any attention to it.

Bigger ball, playing against men? It would kill the buzz around her and would lead to sponsors bailing quickly. Better to let fans think you can do something than prove you can not.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
I don't think she takes it. This would probably be bad thing for her brand long term. Getting worked over by a bunch of former Pros.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... ffer-clark

Fuck that. This girl should absolutely take the fucking money. Bad thing for her? Absolutely not. By the way, they would take an easy on her. Let her get some threes off. Please the crowd. Even if she sucks in these games, she'd walk away smiling with 5 million.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Big3 needs her a lot more than she needs Big3. Hard pass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:
Big3 needs her a lot more than she needs Big3. Hard pass.

5 million for 10 games. You don't fucking turn that down. What's wrong with you?

Even if she sucks, it won't hurt her. She'll go on to be great in the WNBA. Nobody expects her to be better than men. Even retired guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:02 pm 

They would profit a hell of a lot more off of her than $5 million using her as a carnival attraction. She could be the best women’s player of all time, she’s not going to start her professional career out prostituting herself to Ice Cube.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:22 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am 

only a matter of time before the JDC's come out and call this some kind of gangrape.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I have no beef with Caitlin Clark, but the idea that she is the greatest women's basketball player ever, let alone the greatest period, is absurd. She's not in the same league as Cheryl Miller or Diana Taurasi.

Clark is now better than Pete Maravich. But wait! There's some unknown black woman that played in the NAIA that scored more than both of them. What's next? Insisting that some six year old girl that threw up 20 points against her older brothers on a Nerf hoop is the greatest basketball player of all time?

The whole Caitlin Clark push is related to the trans ideology that women can compete with men. There's this overriding desire in the media to declare that the best athlete in the world is a woman. Previously it was Serena Williams. It's just silly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am 

All American cornfed white girl.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am 

all of her sponsorship work are gifts from companies wanting to look diverse. They will still be there if she did poorly in 3 on 3. In fact, they might increase if she performed poorly. Take the 5 million. It's like them shoving that dog faced, skinny girl from Stanford into a New Balance commercial, or Candace Parker being given a seat at the table to analyze the NCAA tournament. All of these are gifts.

This is essentially Gordy Lockbaum. Nice story about someone killing it on a less than elite level allowing speculation about what he would do against elites.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I have no beef with Caitlin Clark, but the idea that she is the greatest women's basketball player ever, let alone the greatest period, is absurd. She's not in the same league as Cheryl Miller or Diana Taurasi.

Clark is now better than Pete Maravich. But wait! There's some unknown black woman that played in the NAIA that scored more than both of them. What's next? Insisting that some six year old girl that threw up 20 points against her older brothers on a Nerf hoop is the greatest basketball player of all time?

The whole Caitlin Clark push is related to the trans ideology that women can compete with men. There's this overriding desire in the media to declare that the best athlete in the world is a woman. Previously it was Serena Williams. It's just silly.

This is exactly why she should avoid this Big3 situation. She can only come out looking bad, and she is smart enough to know she can't compete with men. Whether she is among the great women players of all time or not, she is the hot commodity right now and getting steamrolled by a bunch of non-nba men in some weird 3-on-3 league is not how she wants to start her career.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
She’s a really good shooter, no? I thought her game was like lady Steph Curry.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
This is essentially Gordy Lockbaum. Nice story about someone killing it on a less than elite level allowing speculation about what he would do against elites.

Lockbaum wasn't even the best guy on his Holy Cross team. Go Frank Kutschke, go!

HOT TAKE ALERT! I'm not sure Clark is the best on her team. Gabbie Marshall might be.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am 
Site Admin

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

She can shoot a tiny basketball. No doubt about that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am 

She is a very good shooter, no question. I'm not sure how good she would be with someone of say Cole Hawkins size and athleticism chasing her around the court, and he is hardly unique.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am 

She is a very good shooter, no question. I'm not sure how good she would be with someone of say Cole Hawkins size and athleticism chasing her around the court, and he is hardly unique.

Yeah I don’t want to get too controversial here, but I think men are better than women at sports.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am 

Yeah I don’t want to get too controversial here, but I think men are better than women at sports.

Which gets back to why she should avoid Ice Cube trying to exploit her for 5 million dollars while he stuffs his bank account.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am 

Which gets back to why she should avoid Ice Cube trying to exploit her for 5 million dollars while he stuffs his bank account.

But at least she’d walk away with $5m. People have been exploited for much less and this likely keeps her out of a Russian prison.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am 

I think she will find $5 million without being clowned in some league nobody except LTG is excited about, all in the name of "equality for women".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Lockbaum wasn't even the best guy on his Holy Cross team. Go Frank Kutschke, go!

HOT TAKE ALERT! I'm not sure Clark is the best on her team. Gabbie Marshall might be.

I had a similar thought recently after watching Clark in a little more depth. She takes plays off/pouts when she knows the ball isn't coming to her and seems to have an issue with being guarded aggressively. Based on my very limited exposure to her, I wouldn't say she ranks among the top three or four women players I've seen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
If Caleb Williams is as good as people say, then they will supplement Serena as the best female athlete ever.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Hot take indeed. Marshall is smokeshow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am 

W_Z wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

And a terrible one too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
W_Z wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

She's no Leila Rahimi.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

little spinner is going to have all sorts of ladies driving strong to the hoop in the WNBA