It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: Football 2017
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:55 pm 

That start reminded me that I'd rather watch paint dry than anything in the hellhole that is Atlanta.

On to the Association and dvr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I tend to find most pregames and halftimes pretty much not my cup of tea in general I guess I’m not the target audience but whatever. The Trump parade was a ptfb moment for me but I was avoiding most of the pregame anyways taking care of the kids and doing some busy work.

As for the game... meh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:04 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
That start reminded me that I'd rather watch paint dry than anything in the hellhole that is Atlanta.

You missed out on the sec touting old traditions while showing an image of ole miss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:08 pm 

My asshole friend insists the crowd was largely cheering trump

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Jags/Bills game was more entertaining. This is awful.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:10 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

The two nights I spent n Atlanta 8ish years ago did not leave me hoping for a return visit. 3/5 family members having food poisoning may or may not of contributed to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Jags/Bills game was more entertaining. This is awful.

Yeah. This is terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:12 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
3/5 family members

Racist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:14 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
3/5 family members

Racist

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:50 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
3/5 family members

Racist

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
3/5 family members

Racist

I'm glad this is finally out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Fun season. No sports for me until baseball.

My dark horses going into the year were Wazzou and Oklahoma State. I thought Wash. State might actually have a chance, though. Ok. State was more of a hope.

Wisconsin is the best # 7 team I have seen in a while. ND is lucky to be # 11 and NU is a weak # 17. Yet NU won the games it had to.

Michigan State had a weird season. Penn State was pretty good except for a few quarters. Michigan blows and Miami swallows.

When Scott Frost brings Nebraska back, the Big Ten West will be worth watching.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:36 am 

Disagreeing with your assessment of the Cats. They were quite possibly the hottest team in college football down the stretch and the were beating legit teams. Sure they had to do it in typical Cats fashion with OT and last seconds but that D was lock down. Their victory over KU would have been much more impressive if Fitzgerald were playing it as a straight game.

OKST showed such promise and overcame the games they usually lose at the beginning of the season...then it all just went away.

I think the Big Ten is becoming stacked with great coaches and it is showing in their post season success. Oklahoma gave Georgia a great game. I think it would have been a different and much better type of game with Wisconsin. I see them as a top 4 team right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
tommy wrote:
Fun season. No sports for me until baseball.

My dark horses going into the year were Wazzou and Oklahoma State. I thought Wash. State might actually have a chance, though. Ok. State was more of a hope.

Wisconsin is the best # 7 team I have seen in a while. ND is lucky to be # 11 and NU is a weak # 17. Yet NU won the games it had to.

Michigan State had a weird season. Penn State was pretty good except for a few quarters. Michigan blows and Miami swallows.

When Scott Frost brings Nebraska back, the Big Ten West will be worth watching.

Looking forward to see what Frost does at Nebraska, Penn State was so close to being undefeated this season, losing by a total of 4 points, wonder if they keep it going next year without Barkley, what does Michigan have in Harbaugh's 4th year with probably the quarterback from Ole Miss starting next year.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
DannyB wrote:
Cyclones! Allen Lazard is better than any Bears WR right now.

Allen Lazard might be worth a look in the mid-rounds. Not the quickest but at 6'5" he can go up and get them. Good route runner. Character guy. Apparently he's been kicking ass at the Senior Bowl.

Stealing the show, however, was Allen Lazard, the big receiver from Iowa State. His large stature and high-pointing prowess lead to a variety of splash plays, mostly in the end zone. Virginia defensive tackle Andrew Brown capped off the best week of anyone in Mobile with more consistent penetration into the backfield.

Iowa State wideout Allen Lazard was the most impressive player -- for either team -- on Thursday. He made an outstanding back-shoulder catch for a touchdown early in the session and finished with three more dazzling displays of his high-pointing ability. He also created separation on a dig route in team work and was found by Baker Mayfield. In the red zone, he also made a tough grab on a slant against tight coverage. Lazard has a fun combination of size, leaping ability, strong hands, and deceptive athleticism.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... -thursday/

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 am 

DannyB wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Allen Lazard might be worth a look in the mid-rounds. Not the quickest but at 6'5" he can go up and get them. Good route runner. Character guy. Apparently he's been kicking ass at the Senior Bowl.

Stealing the show, however, was Allen Lazard, the big receiver from Iowa State. His large stature and high-pointing prowess lead to a variety of splash plays, mostly in the end zone. Virginia defensive tackle Andrew Brown capped off the best week of anyone in Mobile with more consistent penetration into the backfield.

Iowa State wideout Allen Lazard was the most impressive player -- for either team -- on Thursday. He made an outstanding back-shoulder catch for a touchdown early in the session and finished with three more dazzling displays of his high-pointing ability. He also created separation on a dig route in team work and was found by Baker Mayfield. In the red zone, he also made a tough grab on a slant against tight coverage. Lazard has a fun combination of size, leaping ability, strong hands, and deceptive athleticism.

I had him first.

Supposedly he drops passes too frequently. Teams have been talking to him about gaining 10 pounds and moving to TE.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
DannyB wrote:
DannyB wrote:

I had him first.

Supposedly he drops passes too frequently. Teams have been talking to him about gaining 10 pounds and moving to TE.

What?

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:45 pm 

DannyB wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Iowa State WR Allen Lazard put up a 4.55/38 in. vertical/17 bench reps, which is reasonably good for a legit 6'4" guy. He spent Senior Bowl week beating up on that D-3 CB but still. Could move up to be the 3rd skill player in school history to be taken in the 1st 3 rounds.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32