It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football 2017
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:55 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
:lol:

I agree Fleck might suck in the long run, but this manifesto is ridiculous.

You described pretty much 90% of D-1 college coaches. These are some extreme rationalizations here.
4 maybe. 1 and 2 do not describe 90% of college coaches at the big conference level. If you think 90% of fan bases hate their own coach if things aren't going well then I don't know what to tell you.

What is an extreme rationalization?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
9/15 - ILLINOIS +17.5.

Free money.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I am going to enjoy every moment of PJ's success at Minnesota because its going to be hard as fuck to root for him when he is at Notre Dame in 3 years.

The team he played yesterday was pretty bad though. I doubt he is that quick of a rising star.

I don't think his act plays well at traditional power school.
There are a few problems with PJ Fleck.

1) He claims not to be an X's and O's guy. This is a huge red flag at a big time school. You have to hope he gets in high quality coordinators who will then leave. What's the point when you have your pick of a bunch of guys getting a "motivator" and "recruiter"?
2) Along those lines, he tries to win by simply out-talenting his opponents. The talent advantage he had at WMU was insane in conference because he recruited at a Big Ten level though part of that was by taking somewhat questionable recruits. This is going to be a smaller advantage at Minnesota and absolutely no advantage at a powerhouse school.
3) He's cocky to the point of abrasive. When things are good everyone is going to love him but if things falter even a little he becomes quite hateable by his own fanbase. I mean, the guy has an ESPN show called "Being PJ Fleck" in his first year at Minnesota.
4) He's also a guy who lies or bends the truth for no real reason. He claims WMU offered him "more money". Unless WMU offered him a Scientology-like billion year contract there is no way that is true.

Those, and a few other reasons, is why Purdue passed on interviewing him after they did their homework and also "didn't talk with him or his agent". :lol:

I predict he is another Lane Kiffin type where his hype far exceeds his results. I think he'll be fairly average at Minnesota, and his recruiting, while decent, is not up to what you would hope so far for a guy who is supposedly an elite recruiter.

I agree Fleck might suck in the long run, but this manifesto is ridiculous.

You described pretty much 90% of D-1 college coaches. These are some extreme rationalizations here.

He really is an extreme Jim Harbaugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Harbaugh is a fantastic X and O guy. If he were not a great head coach he would be the best offensive coordinator in the country. If he were not a coordinator he would be the best QB coach in the world.

He's a different kind of creeper than Fleck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 am 

W_Z wrote:
shit n/m lol.

Thanks for jinxing them :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
9/15 - ILLINOIS +17.5.

Free money.

The Illini . . . aren't good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:03 pm 

tommy wrote:
9/15 - ILLINOIS +17.5.

Free money.

They'll be lucky to stay within 28. Unfortunately

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:04 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
9/15 - ILLINOIS +17.5.

Free money.

In their defense (since they seem not to have broughts theirs), South Florida is a pretty good team.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 pm 

tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
9/15 - ILLINOIS +17.5.

Free money.

In their defense (since they seem not to have broughts theirs), South Florida is a pretty good team.

I just wonder what Charlie Strong would've done (edit:@ Texas) with the QB he has now

Last edited by Regular Reader on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
My poor dad called me up to rant about the game and said Illinois' performance was even more embarrassing with their ugly new helmets :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Lovie showing he can't get a team ready to play in the Pro's and College ...26 flags just an ugly game

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:52 am 

The game I'm most looking forward to today is definitely Clemson-Louisville. I'm looking forward to Lamar Jackson coming back down to earth. As knowledgeable former pros like Sage Rosenfels have pointed out, he doesn't really look a NFL level quarterback a la a Tolzien or a Bortles and I simply don't think he can make the kinds of throws a more NFL-ready guy like Josh Allen did last week in leading his team to an impressive victory against Gardner-Webb.

Last edited by ZephMarshack on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:55 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Lovie showing he can't get a team ready to play in the Pro's and College ...26 flags just an ugly game

In fairness he has a team of 18-19 year olds that frankly don't appear very talented. And that it ugly all around didn't help

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
The game I'm most looking forward to today is definitely Clemson-Louisville. I'm looking forward to Lamar Jackson coming back down to earth. As knowledgeable former pros like Sage Rosenfels have pointed out, he doesn't really look a NFL level quarterback a la a Tolzien or a Bortles and I simply don't think he can make the kinds of throws a more NFL-ready guy like Josh Allen did last week in leading his team to an impressive victory against Gardner-Webb.

"Knowledgeable pro Sage Rosenfels"
"Impressive victory against Gardner-Webb"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the starter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:07 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Thanks for the starter

There was actually an article where Rosenfels and someone or something named Rich Bartel had the audacity to say stuff like that:
Quote:
Then there is this take on Jackson’s NFL future from Rich Bartel, a former NFL backup QB who now serves as director and creator of business development for KANO Sports, which created a software app for long-term quarterback development: “To me he’s going to have to learn how to handle punts and kickoffs and become a slot or an outside wide receiver who can go back and take a snap [as a third roster quarterback].”

Quote:
Former NFL journeyman QB Sage Rosenfels is now a private QB coach in the Omaha area. He believes Jackson will be a quarterback in the NFL, not a receiver, but is skeptical of his long-term upside.

“You just don’t get away with all that running-around stuff in the league,” Rosenfels said. “You don’t. The field gets smaller and smaller. Players get bigger and faster and smarter. You can eliminate all those runs. For a quarterback in the NFL, if you’re not an accurate passer, you’re not going to play in the league. That’s his issue. He’s not an accurate passer.”
This is the same league that took Tebow and Manziel in the first round (they were "winners" despite their lack of traditional QB skills, not "mere athletes"), but Jackson definitely does look more like a gunner or returner than a quarterback and his passing game definitely hasn't improved this year at all :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Thanks for the starter

There was actually an article where Rosenfels and someone or something named Rich Bartel had the audacity to say stuff like that:
Quote:
Then there is this take on Jackson’s NFL future from Rich Bartel, a former NFL backup QB who now serves as director and creator of business development for KANO Sports, which created a software app for long-term quarterback development: “To me he’s going to have to learn how to handle punts and kickoffs and become a slot or an outside wide receiver who can go back and take a snap [as a third roster quarterback].”

Quote:
Former NFL journeyman QB Sage Rosenfels is now a private QB coach in the Omaha area. He believes Jackson will be a quarterback in the NFL, not a receiver, but is skeptical of his long-term upside.

“You just don’t get away with all that running-around stuff in the league,” Rosenfels said. “You don’t. The field gets smaller and smaller. Players get bigger and faster and smarter. You can eliminate all those runs. For a quarterback in the NFL, if you’re not an accurate passer, you’re not going to play in the league. That’s his issue. He’s not an accurate passer.”
This is the same league that took Tebow and Manziel in the first round (they were "winners" despite their lack of traditional QB skills, not "mere athletes"), but Jackson definitely does look more like a gunner or returner than a quarterback and his passing game definitely hasn't improved this year at all :roll:

Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf concur

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:28 am 

Louisville D will give up 50

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 am 

I'm just hoping that USC completely obliterates the Longhorns

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Flipping channels and they have Furhman vs NC State. I can't fathom why this game is being spotlighted on quad cities tv.

Excuse me.. I guess it's on one of those .3 channels.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:36 am 

Huskies 7, Huskers 0. Huskies winning the battle of field position. I don't know if Rod Carey has a signature victory like Doeren and Jerry Kill did.....and I don't expect them to win today....but this would be it, if they did win.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:37 am 

they may score 51, though

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:42 am 

14-0, NIU. Two pick-sixes by Nebraska's new QB

Christ! I got work to do today, too.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:51 am 

I'm being asked to goto some function. I'm dragging feet but I'll go. And I have work to do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:56 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I'm being asked to goto some function. I'm dragging feet but I'll go. And I have work to do.

Give me your cell and I'll call you. Then, when you hang up, say, "I'm sorry, but I have to stay home to finish X. Goddamn work!" Then punch something, perhaps the wall or your least-loved or most forgiving pet, to make it seem real.

NIU can't miss them field goals if they're gonna win.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:10 pm 

Where is this NIU rush coming from? Where is Nebraska's O-line? Christ Almighty; Nebraska used to have a better line than the '85 Bears.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mike Gundy is rocking a mullet.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:20 pm 

tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Give me your cell and I'll call you. Then, when you hang up, say, "I'm sorry, but I have to stay home to finish X. Goddamn work!" Then punch something, perhaps the wall or your least-loved or most forgiving pet, to make it seem real.

NIU can't miss them field goals if they're gonna win.

Other teams are paying better these days.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:28 pm 

Coach Mike's my guy! Love the Cowboys. Dying to see them play in Stillwater. Rolling it up today.

Chus wrote:
Mike Gundy is rocking a mullet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:33 pm 

God, I love the Huskers--I need to see Memorial Stadium--but damnit, I love the Huskies, too. This is fun. Watching OSU score is fun, too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:45 pm 

tommy wrote:

they may score 51, though

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:02 pm 

Memphis is scaring the hell out of UCLA right about now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next