It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football 2017
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:15 pm 

tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Indiana got exposed. :D

:lol:

Nah not really. Two bad teams in WL today. One a little less bad.

Purdue's played a few good games, though.

Never said they hadn't. I said they were a little less bad than Indiana today.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:20 pm 

Somebody is salty.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Somebody is salty.

:lol: yeah thats tommy :wink:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Somebody is salty.

:lol: yeah thats tommy :wink:

You son of a . . .

I think Nick Saban may stroke out . . . two straight bad snaps . . . he had a look on his face that I can only describe as unhealthy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 pm 

Bama is melting down.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:29 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Bama is melting down.

Got a big break, but the Alabama QB is playing shitty.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:51 pm 

So Auburn will have beaten two # 1 teams during the regular season...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
So the Badgers are going to get spanked in the national championship, right?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I don't really care what happens as long as shitface urban meyer does not politic his way into the playoff. UW can probably hang with anyone but Auburn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:53 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I don't really care what happens as long as shitface urban meyer does not politic his way into the playoff. UW can probably hang with anyone but Auburn.

Ohio State would wipe the floor with the Badgers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Ohio State will get in. The committee will change the rules and bend their own precedents to make sure OSU gets in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
SpiralStairs wrote:

would? they play eachother next week. The badgers can beat them. Simply stop their throwing running back with your stellar defense and then try to score a few pts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:04 pm 

All depends on which OSU team shows up.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:08 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Depends if a) they are healthy and b) which OSU team actually shows up.

ETA: I'm leaching off RFDC now. Whoops....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Chip Kelly hired at UCLA; Mike Riley fired from Nebraska.

No surprises there.

Nebraska better show up in Pullman with a barrel of cash and praying Leach will agree to take it

I'm dying to see what happens in Gainesville though. My schadenfreude is getting the best of me

Les Miles, too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I'd rather see UCF than either Alabama or Ohio State in the playoff but there's no chance that happens. I guess I'm just left rooting for Wisconsin and Oklahoma to win their respective conference championships to keep those 2 teams out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
ZephMarshack wrote:
I'd rather see UCF than either Alabama or Ohio State in the playoff but there's no chance that happens. I guess I'm just left rooting for Wisconsin and Oklahoma to win their respective conference championships to keep those 2 teams out.

I kind of have a problem with leaving an undefeated team out of a top 4 tournament, but I never would have felt that way in the old format. Assuming they kick Memphis to the curb again, I feel you almost have to give them a shot to win the whole thing. Instead, they'll have to settle for beating TCU 30-17 and wondering what could have been if we had a fair seeding process.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:06 pm 

The ACC champ, B1G champ and SEC champ are all shoo-ins. So that's UW/OSU, Clemson/U and UGA/Auburn. I wouldn't say it about any team other than Ohio State, but the committee's history with them is too clear. That and it'll be really difficult to lock the B1G out of the playoff.

If Oklahoma beats TCU that's it. There's your 4.

But if TCU wins its going to be a mad scramble for the 4th spot. Letting a 1 loss Wisconsin team or Alabama in is just too rewarding of cupcake schedules. Not saying the committee wont do it, but if you're going to let them in with "quality" wins like Northwestern and Mississippi State then UCF deserves their shot just as much. Two-loss teams without conference championships are out, so no Oklahoma or Clemson/U loser. At that point it probably comes down to USC, assuming they win.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:07 pm 

newper wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

I kind of have a problem with leaving an undefeated team out of a top 4 tournament, but I never would have felt that way in the old format. Assuming they kick Memphis to the curb again, I feel you almost have to give them a shot to win the whole thing. Instead, they'll have to settle for beating TCU 30-17 and wondering what could have been if we had a fair seeding process.

I thought it was hilarious how South Florida hasn't been ranked by the committee so it doesn't do much for UCF but Clemson beating up on a 3 loss South Carolina team that was somehow 24th is going to count as a higher quality win.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:11 pm 

America wrote:
The ACC champ, B1G champ and SEC champ are all shoo-ins. So that's UW/OSU, Clemson/U and UGA/Auburn. I wouldn't say it about any team other than Ohio State, but the committee's history with them is too clear. That and it'll be really difficult to lock the B1G out of the playoff.

But if TCU wins its going to be a mad scramble for the 4th spot. Letting a 1 loss Wisconsin team or Alabama in is just too rewarding of cupcake schedules. Not saying the committee wont do it, but if you're going to let them in with "quality" wins like Northwestern and Mississippi State then UCF deserves their shot just as much. Two-loss teams without conference championships are out, so no Oklahoma or Clemson/U loser. At that point it probably comes down to USC, assuming they win.

I think Alabama still gets in before OSU even if the Buckeyes beat Wisconsin. The simplicity of 1 loss vs 2 losses is the deciding factor IMO. That being said, there's no way that the SEC deserves any consideration for having 2 teams get in this year and Alabama's strength of schedule is considerably weaker than OSU's was last year when they got in without winning their conference.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:13 pm 

newper wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Yeah, it's definitely not fair. UCF deserves their shot. They can probably score on anyone. The funny thing is that South Florida has been ranked (a few years ago) as high as # 2 in the polls. So, in a different year, UCF (and USF) could have been ranked higher and this might not be an issue. The system is still as fickle as ever.

I know they don't want to add more games because these are not professionals and they get hurt and so on, but the arbitrariness is still really annoying.

Brian Kelly needs to go.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:13 pm 

America wrote:

LOL. Who the fuck has UCF beat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Everyone they met.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:18 pm 

tommy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Everyone they met.

Wake me when they beat Alabama at home.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
tommy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Everyone they met.

You win all your games, you deserve a shot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:21 pm 

tommy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
tommy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Everyone they met.

In a playoff yeah. And if they spank Memphis I'll be rooting for them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 pm 

I mean for all the talk of the schedule, I think UCF's best 2 wins compare favorably to Bama's for instance. Memphis and South Florida > LSU and Missippi State.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Who have Alabama or Wisconsin beaten?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:24 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
tommy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
tommy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Everyone they met.

In a playoff yeah. And if they spank Memphis I'll be rooting for them.

They beat 'em once, so it will be interesting to see what happens in this game...as well as the Georgia-Auburn game.

I guess Gus Malzahn is not the idiot I tend to think he is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:25 pm 

America wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
America wrote:

Who have Alabama or Wisconsin beaten?

Where was I arguing for either of those team?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next