It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football 2017
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
To me, the big question is would you put Wisconsin in with a loss against Ohio State tonight (especially a close one which this was.) If not, then you are saying that Wisconsin doesn't have a resume that puts them in without beating Ohio State, which implies that a win against them means something. If that is the case, then you would have to say that an Ohio State win against Wisconsin means something -- the symmetric property of football matchups. I would think that would put them ahead of Bama.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
That is an excellent thought. Maybe they do deserve to be in when you put it that way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:17 am 

Quote:
I have never been more upset with how ref’s called a game in my life. There is no way anyone can convince me they called the game both ways. It should be a crime what they did and did not call tonight in that game. To screw over one team to favor another is criminal. It robs the integrity of the game. How many holding calls were not called on Ohio State? At least ten I counted... pass interference... not in this game. There needs to be an investigation into these ref’s... I am not someone who blames the ref’s... because missed calls go both ways. Not tonight.

:lol: Gotta love pissed off cry baby fans.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:18 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
UCF deserves #4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Clemson v. Oklahoma for natl championship . Take the over and the points.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 am 

I think you have to decide between UCF, WI and Bama. There is no way urban's half way house should be in the discussion. and i hope that big nut asshole falls out of the stands someday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Quote:
I have never been more upset with how ref’s called a game in my life. There is no way anyone can convince me they called the game both ways. It should be a crime what they did and did not call tonight in that game. To screw over one team to favor another is criminal. It robs the integrity of the game. How many holding calls were not called on Ohio State? At least ten I counted... pass interference... not in this game. There needs to be an investigation into these ref’s... I am not someone who blames the ref’s... because missed calls go both ways. Not tonight.

Who said that?

I once heard someone suggest that the refs in a game were classist.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:20 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I think you have to decide between UCF, WI and Bama. There is no way urban's half way house should be in the discussion. and i hope that big nut asshole falls out of the stands someday.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:21 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Clemson v. Oklahoma for natl championship . Take the over and the points.

Clemson 52
Oklahoma 44

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:21 am 

312player wrote:
UCF deserves #4

That is why they need this thing expanded to 8. They deserve the right to compete, but they will have to live with an undefeated season and beating TCU in the Meineke Up With People Bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:22 am 

tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Quote:

Who said that?

I once heard someone suggest that the refs in a game were classist.

Friend of mine on social media

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:25 am 

I'm not calling PI for either qb when both couldn't hit the side of a barn. Sure there was some contact but i almost feel like WI was trying to get a call instead of completing a pass since their qb is pretty awful at completing passes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:30 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I'm skeptical of a team like TCU not getting shut down by the defense of teams like Clemson, Georgia, or Alabama.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
newper wrote:
312player wrote:
UCF deserves #4

That is why they need this thing expanded to 8. They deserve the right to compete, but they will have to live with an undefeated season and beating TCU in the Meineke Up With People Bowl.

UCF would still be left out in an 8 team playoff this year too. The power conferences don't want non-power conference teams having the slightest bit of legitimacy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
newper wrote:
312player wrote:
UCF deserves #4

It will expand to eight whenever the current contract expires. 8 is the perfect number. You only add one more game, so not as much stress on the players compared to a 16 team expansion.

The "other 5" conferences need a legit shot at the playoff. It's been disgusting to see the power 5 conferences run shit for nearly all my whole entire college football viewing experience. I'll never forget the outright disgust every espn commentator had for NIU when they played FSU during the BCS days.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:38 am 

I like an 8 team playoff but you will have to shitcan most of the bowl games. This makes them completely irrelevant and no draft eligible players will participate in them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:40 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
newper wrote:
312player wrote:
UCF deserves #4

UCF would still be left out in an 8 team playoff this year too. The power conferences don't want non-power conference teams having the slightest bit of legitimacy.

Exactly. Until this is corrected by not employing 100% power 5 alums on the playoff committee I will always view the selection process as somewhat flawed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:41 am 

I like an 8 team playoff but you will have to shitcan most of the bowl games. This makes them completely irrelevant and no draft eligible players will participate in them.

I have no problem with players protecting themselves. Most bowl games before New Year's Eve are bullshit anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 am 

UCF would be in an 8 team playoff. THey would be the bye for Clemson. I hear people saying they want a 6 team playoff with 2 byes. I would put UCF in my 8 team tourney.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

I have no problem with players protecting themselves. Most bowl games before New Year's Eve are bullshit anyway.

I would change the whole thing. I would almost make it game one of next year and ban all draft elligible players from playing. Let them be coaches or something. If you can somehow make it count towards next season it would be awesome. Treat it like hockey overtime. You can get a win buy you can't get a loss.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:53 am 

I don't care for either of the teams that are in the discussion.
Keep in mind that the playoff rankings aren't a "poll". It's a different animal.

In my mind it's pretty simple:

Ohio St beat the #4 team (in the committees mind) on a neutral field tonight. While playing an EXTRA game while Bama sat at home.
In addition to playing an extra conference game against a P5 team compared to what the SEC does.
Alabama did a really good job doing TV interviews and stuff tonight. While not winning their division or conference.

Ohio St should be #4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:55 am 

UCF would be in an 8 team playoff. THey would be the bye for Clemson. I hear people saying they want a 6 team playoff with 2 byes. I would put UCF in my 8 team tourney.

They were 14th going into this week. They will in all likelihood still be behind at minimum OSU/Bama, USC, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Auburn when the rankings come out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:00 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:

They were 14th going into this week. They will in all likelihood still be behind at minimum OSU/Bama, USC, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Auburn when the rankings come out tomorrow.

There has to be a max 2 teams per conference clause. That would bounce a 3 loss auburn team and PSU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:10 am 

Given these past few posts I'd almost advocate going back to the old system. If the prospect kids aren't going to play since the games really don't matter to them, why get so worked up

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:13 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:

There has to be a max 2 teams per conference clause. That would bounce a 3 loss auburn team and PSU

I'd like to see a max 2 conferences with 2 teams clause put in there too. And a undefeated clause gets you in no matter what. If you are playing Division 1-A ball and run the table, you at minimum earn that 8th seed. And Notre Dame doesn't get a clause... if you don't want to join a conference, then you don't get the benefit/loss of that championship game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:15 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Given these past few posts I'd almost advocate going back to the old system. If the prospect kids aren't going to play since the games really don't matter to them, why get so worked up

I don't think players will sit out of the playoff games. Who gives a shit if anyone sits out the Fiesta bowl.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Ohio State fans last year: I don't care if Penn State beat us and won the B1G championship, you can't put a 2 loss team in ahead of a 1 loss team!

Ohio State fans this year: We won the B1G championship! We must be in the playoff! It shouldn't matter if Alabama has only one loss!

I know I'm a bit biased but I can't put a team in that lost by 30 to an unranked team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I would put Ohio State in over Bama today because of Ohio State's wins, we haven't heard anything about Bama beating Florida State till today, but that's one of Bama's big arguments from people on tv today, I would just say to that FLorida State had to reschedule a game yesterday to be bowl eligible, yeah the qb got hurt the first game and out for the year, but we don't know about Florida State for sure, all of Ohio State's wins those teams are still ranked pretty high.

If Bama gets in over Ohio State, what will be the Big 10's reaction here, that one could be the interesting one with Jim Delany.

I know the playoffs will be excting and the Rose Bowl was one of the big reason they weren't going to do it for awhile, but I just wonder how they will will feel with a Oklahoma-Georgia game, and no Pac 12 or Big 10 team, first year they had it still had Oregon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Neither deserve it. Nor does USC. Give it to UCF.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:42 am 

My favorite thing about this has been watching the networks tied to the B1G and SEC go into full blown propaganda mode. ESPN and CBS have been dying to get 2 SEC teams in since the inception of the playoffs and are going into overdrive to make it happen. Meanwhile if you watch Fox you'd have thought Alabama was eliminated as soon as Georgia beat Auburn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 32  Next