It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Football 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Texas is looking strong against last year's Quick Change Bowl Runner-Ups, Tommy wrote sarcastically

Post subject: Re: Football 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:50 pm 

Texas held Maryland to 51 measly points.

Those Michigan uniforms are an affront to color vision. So are Florida's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Texas.. not back.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Longhorns O line big and bad

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Love the FS1 announcers making excuse after excuse for Herman. Texas is in win now mode; the whole point of firing Strong was because his record didn't match the talent they had. Talking about Herman needing to "change the culture" or being hired to do a rebuild is nothing more than WYC material from the dumb Texas boosters and the media apologists.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
It's probably because I'm old but I've never been a real fan of the jerseys with matching pants look. Hated when bears did the blue pants and jerseys and this Michigan look. But I've given up on the uniform thing. Teams having 12 different a year is just a thing these days it seems.

The announcers of FS1 had to be Texas announcers right? I think they said we a few times in regard to longhorns.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:52 pm 

Speight throws more pick-sixes than Harbaugh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I know there was a thread a while back on football rule questions but I didn't feel like searching for it. After seeing the blocked punt by Florida it made me wonder - if a punted ball touches a member of the receiving team it's usually a live ball which can be recovered by the kicking team. On this play the punt was tipped and landed past the line of scrimmage where it was downed by Michigan. Why isn't it a live ball? Does the ball contact have to be passed the LOS?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Holly Rowe......mercy!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I know there was a thread a while back on football rule questions but I didn't feel like searching for it. After seeing the blocked punt by Florida it made me wonder - if a punted ball touches a member of the receiving team it's usually a live ball which can be recovered by the kicking team. On this play the punt was tipped and landed past the line of scrimmage where it was downed by Michigan. Why isn't it a live ball? Does the ball contact have to be passed the LOS?

It was a live ball until Michigan downed it making it dead. Any touching by R on a kick while it is in or behind the expanded neutral zone is ignored in terms of first touching. If the ball never got past the expanded neutral zone Michigan could have advanced it, but it did so all they could do was down it.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Michigan defense only allows 3 points against Florida.
This might be a fun B1G year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:03 pm 

Psycory wrote:
Michigan defense only allows 3 points against Florida.
This might be a fun B1G year.

Even Purdue is winning

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:06 pm 

Purdue has gotten jobbed on a couple calls in a row.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:39 pm 

Purdue is still hanging in there. Just drove down and scored--the QB, Sindelar, made an amazing throw between two defenders for the score.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Holly Rowe......mercy!

Recurring cancer is a bitch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: John's
lol, they are already calling for Sumlin's head...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Outside of Francois getting hurt, and that injury ruining FSU's playoff chances, I really enjoyed this first weekend of CFB.

UCLA's comeback was definitely the peak of my weekend. Nice to see OSU get challenged. Also, nice to see the other OSU dominate with Mason Rudolph playing like a pro. Got to see nothing has changed at UT either.

Another downer was NIU's fucking kicker limply kicking a potential game tying field goal against Boston College 29 yards when the attempt was from 37 yds. No one got a hand on it. W/e tho, NIU.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
One last rambling observation. Even tho Purdue was up for MANY minutes during the game against Louisville, Lamar Jackson seemed super calm on the sideline. I like it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm 

Georgia travels north of the Mason-Dixon line for the first time in the regular season since 1965 when they play at ND Saturday.

That's just amazing. I love college football's regionalism (which, incidentally, is why I am hardly an ND fan any longer).

And before anyone says that regionalism is a nice word to describe hicks, do me two favors: 1) Blow me and then 2) go back to Manhattan (and not the Bill Snyder one). There are just as many rubes in the Midwest as in the South. In fact, we have whole neighborhoods set aside for them (like St. John Fisher parish).

Last time the teams met was for the National Championship in the 1981 Sugar Bowl. Had relatives coaching on both sides, so we were pretty heavily invested.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:22 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
tommy wrote:
Georgia travels north of the Mason-Dixon line for the first time in the regular season since 1965 when they play at ND Saturday.

That's just amazing. I love college football's regionalism (which, incidentally, is why I am hardly an ND fan any longer).

And before anyone says that regionalism is a nice word to describe hicks, do me two favors: 1) Blow me and then 2) go back to Manhattan (and not the Bill Snyder one). There are just as many rubes in the Midwest as in the South. In fact, we have whole neighborhoods set aside for them (like St. John Fisher parish).

Last time the teams met was for the National Championship in the 1981 Sugar Bowl. Had relatives coaching on both sides, so we were pretty heavily invested.

Yep its going to be fun Saturday night. I agree with you on Notre Dame expanding their list of teams that they schedule. They should have joined the Big Ten with USC and one or two of the service academies as their non-conference opponents. Them not playing Michigan really leaves a hole on the schedule.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:40 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
tommy wrote:

Yep its going to be fun Saturday night. I agree with you on Notre Dame expanding their list of teams that they schedule. They should have joined the Big Ten with USC and one or two of the service academies as their non-conference opponents. Them not playing Michigan really leaves a hole on the schedule.

Yeah, I know....it sucks. But, as ND says, "We're a national program." Fuck 'em.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:58 pm 

Notre Dame-Georgia is really a battle of the 2 most perennially overrated teams at the start of every season. Georgia must be really bad this year if the writers didn't even give them that top 7 spot they always blow within the first 5 weeks of the season. It is good to see though that ND is already back in the top 25 off a win over mighty Temple!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
ZephMarshack wrote:
Notre Dame-Georgia is really a battle of the 2 most perennially overrated teams at the start of every season. Georgia must be really bad this year if the writers didn't even give them that top 7 spot they always blow within the first 5 weeks of the season. It is good to see though that ND is already back in the top 25 off a win over mighty Temple!

Didn't even have to sacrifice a student assistant.... yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:06 pm 

Also Urban Meyer kind of deserves a shoutout thread for calling out Tom Herman for his pathetic excuse making and anyone dumb enough to believe it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
ZephMarshack wrote:
Also Urban Meyer kind of deserves a shoutout thread for calling out Tom Herman for his pathetic excuse making and anyone dumb enough to believe it.

Urban Meyer would know a thing or two about pathetic excuses.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:31 pm 

Notre Dame hate has seemingly strengthened with the decline of their relevance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:49 pm 

Purdue playing under the bright lights of a prime time game!

Take Eastern Michigan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Purdue playing under the bright lights of a prime time game!

Take Eastern Michigan

Ohio?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
ZephMarshack wrote:

This is exactly right. Texas is by far the program that does the least with the most but ND & Georgia are second. All 3 are at or near the top 10 in recruiting every year, sometimes top 5.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:44 pm 

Purdue fun to watch now. It's been a while.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next