It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football 2017
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
The Pitt-Cory (or Psy-Mike) bowl is today. Penn State looks for revenge for last year's loss while Pitt is hoping to play spoiler. I am supposed to be in Hershey this afternoon but I will be checking in on the game when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Psycory wrote:
The Pitt-Cory (or Psy-Mike) bowl is today. Penn State looks for revenge for last year's loss while Pitt is hoping to play spoiler. I am supposed to be in Hershey this afternoon but I will be checking in on the game when I get a chance.

Nuke Pennsylvania.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Northwestern getting slapped around 31-10 going into the 4th Qtr.

Does Fitzgerald have this job until he doesn't want it?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:03 pm 

It's a shootout in Chapel Hill and Lamar Jackson is giving it to them and his doubters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Shameful that it's still a game up in Michigan. Very sad.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:10 pm 

holy shit, iowa state! wtf are you doing?? lol

He has no business being out there! NO BUSINESS! NOOO!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:18 pm 

shit n/m lol.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tad Queasy wrote:
Northwestern getting slapped around 31-10 going into the 4th Qtr.

Does Fitzgerald have this job until he doesn't want it?

Pretty much. Unless the Ryan family gets tired of him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Some very bad football being played :(

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Psycory wrote:

I never felt we had a chance today. 14-3 at half. I'm not a fan so far of the new Pitt QB. Transfer from USC blah.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:37 pm 

Oregon with all it's underclassmen is throttling Knowledge U. They may be giving the Pac-12 notice that they're back.

Phil Knight must have wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
We made it to a restaurant just in time for the safety. I don't blame you about the Pitt QB. He didn't impress me much either.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Of course PSU coach has to be a dick. He says Pitt beating them last year wasn't like their Super Bowl. PSU today beating them today was like beating Akron. Ok.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Texas A as well as M looking good

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boomer Sooner might be for real.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I can't get a good read on who will be the next woman abuser from Urban's team....probably because they are all candidates.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:23 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boomer Sooner might be for real.

New coaches (Switzer, Stoops) have good early seasons at OU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:25 pm 

Always a great college football day when urban meyer brian Kelly lose.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:42 pm 

I am going to enjoy every moment of PJ's success at Minnesota because its going to be hard as fuck to root for him when he is at Notre Dame in 3 years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:24 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I am going to enjoy every moment of PJ's success at Minnesota because its going to be hard as fuck to root for him when he is at Notre Dame in 3 years.

If only Illinois could have snagged him . . . they were just one year early.

Fun game to re-watch: Wazzou over Boise State. Wazzou has a good (though psychotic) coach....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
tommy wrote:

If only Illinois could have snagged him . . . they were just one year early.

Fun game to re-watch: Wazzou over Boise State. Wazzou has a good (though psychotic) coach....

Illinois had a good win last night against a high octane WKU squad. Sad that Illinois is so bad that this is a good win, but the D looked pretty damn good. Freshman are playing well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:29 pm 

The team he played yesterday was pretty bad though. I doubt he is that quick of a rising star.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:58 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The team he played yesterday was pretty bad though. I doubt he is that quick of a rising star.

I don't think his act plays well at traditional power school.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The bar has been significantly lowered if talking ND

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:57 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

There are a few problems with PJ Fleck.

1) He claims not to be an X's and O's guy. This is a huge red flag at a big time school. You have to hope he gets in high quality coordinators who will then leave. What's the point when you have your pick of a bunch of guys getting a "motivator" and "recruiter"?
2) Along those lines, he tries to win by simply out-talenting his opponents. The talent advantage he had at WMU was insane in conference because he recruited at a Big Ten level though part of that was by taking somewhat questionable recruits. This is going to be a smaller advantage at Minnesota and absolutely no advantage at a powerhouse school.
3) He's cocky to the point of abrasive. When things are good everyone is going to love him but if things falter even a little he becomes quite hateable by his own fanbase. I mean, the guy has an ESPN show called "Being PJ Fleck" in his first year at Minnesota.
4) He's also a guy who lies or bends the truth for no real reason. He claims WMU offered him "more money". Unless WMU offered him a Scientology-like billion year contract there is no way that is true.

Those, and a few other reasons, is why Purdue passed on interviewing him after they did their homework and also "didn't talk with him or his agent". :lol:

I predict he is another Lane Kiffin type where his hype far exceeds his results. I think he'll be fairly average at Minnesota, and his recruiting, while decent, is not up to what you would hope so far for a guy who is supposedly an elite recruiter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:02 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[4) He's also a guy who lies or bends the truth for no real reason. He claims WMU offered him "more money". Unless WMU offered him a Scientology-like billion year contract there is no way that is true..

Didn't he do some kind of tap dance around the truth when NIU was hiring him as an assistant only to accept and then reject the job?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:26 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

1) He claims not to be an X's and O's guy. This is a huge red flag at a big time school. You have to hope he gets in high quality coordinators who will then leave. What's the point when you have your pick of a bunch of guys getting a "motivator" and "recruiter"?
2) Along those lines, he tries to win by simply out-talenting his opponents. The talent advantage he had at WMU was insane in conference because he recruited at a Big Ten level though part of that was by taking somewhat questionable recruits. This is going to be a smaller advantage at Minnesota and absolutely no advantage at a powerhouse school.
3) He's cocky to the point of abrasive. When things are good everyone is going to love him but if things falter even a little he becomes quite hateable by his own fanbase. I mean, the guy has an ESPN show called "Being PJ Fleck" in his first year at Minnesota.
4) He's also a guy who lies or bends the truth for no real reason. He claims WMU offered him "more money". Unless WMU offered him a Scientology-like billion year contract there is no way that is true.

Those, and a few other reasons, is why Purdue passed on interviewing him after they did their homework and also "didn't talk with him or his agent". :lol:

I predict he is another Lane Kiffin type where his hype far exceeds his results. I think he'll be fairly average at Minnesota, and his recruiting, while decent, is not up to what you would hope so far for a guy who is supposedly an elite recruiter.

A fair assessment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 pm 

Always a great college football day when urban meyer brian Kelly lose.

You couldn't be more right!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

I agree Fleck might suck in the long run, but this manifesto is ridiculous.

You described pretty much 90% of D-1 college coaches. These are some extreme rationalizations here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

I agree Fleck might suck in the long run, but this manifesto is ridiculous.

You described pretty much 90% of D-1 college coaches. These are some extreme rationalizations here.

He really is an extreme Jim Harbaugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next