It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I

If Cincy, and Auburn both win their tournaments then there is a small chance of a 3 seed. Outside of that, Purdue is a 2 seed.

So, are you officially saying Purdue is a 3 seed no matter what?

No, as I said a few posts up they are a #2 seed right now, but I've got them as the last #2 seed and they could end up a #3 if UNC or Texas Tech wins their tourney and beats a higher ranked team (Duke, UVA, Kansas) in the process.

Cincy is locked into #2 after yesterday's win.

As for Auburn I guess if they win the SEC they have a shot at #2, but after losing McLemore for the season I don't see them winning the SEC tourney. I also think the committee will knock them down a bit due to that injury.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:48 pm 

shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I

If Cincy, and Auburn both win their tournaments then there is a small chance of a 3 seed. Outside of that, Purdue is a 2 seed.

No, as I said a few posts up they are a #2 seed right now, but I've got them as the last #2 seed and they could end up a #3 if UNC or Texas Tech wins their tourney and beats a higher ranked team (Duke, UVA, Kansas) in the process.

As for Auburn I guess if they win the SEC they have a shot at #2, but after losing McLemore for the season I don't see them winning the SEC tourney. I also think the committee will knock them down a bit due to that injury.

I think your math is off. Duke and UNC will both be 2 seeds, along with Purdue and Cincinnati. If UNC loses to a bad team in the ACC tournament they could fall to a 3 seed.

That means you are holding out hope that 8 loss Texas Tech will jump Purdue too. I think that's very unlikely.

My prediction right now is that Purdue is the #2 seed in the Midwest.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:36 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I

I think your math is off. Duke and UNC will both be 2 seeds, along with Purdue and Cincinnati. If UNC loses to a bad team in the ACC tournament they could fall to a 3 seed.

That means you are holding out hope that 8 loss Texas Tech will jump Purdue too. I think that's very unlikely.

So you have the big 10 regular season champ, a team that beat Purdue, as a #3 seed behind Purdue? Not gonna happen. MSU is definitely ahead of Purdue right now. Same with Duke and Cincy. that leaves Purdue as the last ranked #2 seed right now.

Texas Tech having 8 losses won't be an issue considering they play in the toughest conference in the country. Also, they played the past couple weeks without their all american candidate Evans. He's back now and looked good in his last game.

Then there's UNC. If they beat Duke in the tourney I can see them leaping over Purdue as well, even if they don't beat UVA in the same tourney.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:40 pm 

Yes. You will see in a week that Purdue is ahead of MSU. More top quadrant wins and a tougher schedule.

There is a reason Purdue was a 1 seed and MSU a 3 seed. The Wisconsin loss by Purdue is the only thing that happened that changed that but not by enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:30 pm 

shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I

So you have the big 10 regular season champ, a team that beat Purdue, as a #3 seed behind Purdue? Not gonna happen. MSU is definitely ahead of Purdue right now. Same with Duke and Cincy. that leaves Purdue as the last ranked #2 seed right now.

Texas Tech having 8 losses won't be an issue considering they play in the toughest conference in the country. Also, they played the past couple weeks without their all american candidate Evans. He's back now and looked good in his last game.

Then there's UNC. If they beat Duke in the tourney I can see them leaping over Purdue as well, even if they don't beat UVA in the same tourney.

Almost everything you said was wrong. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:31 pm 

I wouldnt be laughing too quickly Brick. Your boys maybe a 2 seed as you predicted, but they got a tough draw

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:58 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I wouldnt be laughing too quickly Brick. Your boys maybe a 2 seed as you predicted, but they got a tough draw

Not really. Upsets can happen but I think they should beat everyone to the elite 8 and then it may be tough.

It depends on Vince Edwards ankle though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Haas isn't equipped for the high tempo of the tourney. One and done.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I

Almost everything you said was wrong. :lol:

No, everything I said was right, just not in agreement with what the dumbass tournament came up with.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:08 pm 

The tournament committee was transparent. If you didn't know how they do it that's your problem.

Why do you think I was so confident?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:20 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Not really. Upsets can happen but I think they should beat everyone to the elite 8 and then it may be tough.

I think they have 3 teams that are very capable of beating them in Arkansas, Butler, and Texas Tech.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think they have 3 teams that are very capable of beating them in Arkansas, Butler, and Texas Tech.

What 2 seed doesn't?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:32 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Keenan Evans (toe injury) still doesn't look right. It was a huge red flag for me that he didn't even help with the ball carrying vs West Virginia's press. If he's not 100% they are going to struggle to go far.

Arkansas could give Purdue fits. They have a potential lottery pick in center Daniel Gadford. One of the few teams that has someone who can matchup with Haas. Also has a great backcourt in Macon and Barford.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:34 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

What 2 seed doesn't?

Duke has to deal with Mich St. I dont think Rhode Island can beat them and I am damn sure OU isn't.

Cincy has to deal with Tenn, but Nevada and Texas are not going to give them problems.

UNC has a pretty tough draw as well with Texas AM and a hot Michigan team.

But I think by far the toughest draw for a 2 seed is Purdue. Either Butler or Arkansas is going to give them problems. But then to have to deal with Tech.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:39 pm 

shakes wrote:
Arkansas could give Purdue fits. They have a potential lottery pick in center Daniel Gadford. One of the few teams that has someone who can matchup with Haas. Also has a great backcourt in Macon and Barford.

I agree about Arkansas. If they can get past Butler they can give several teams trouble. But I wouldnt count out Butler. They always have a knack for winning games they shouldn't.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:51 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

What 2 seed doesn't?

Duke has to deal with Mich St. I dont think Rhode Island can beat them and I am damn sure OU isn't.

Cincy has to deal with Tenn, but Nevada and Texas are not going to give them problems.

UNC has a pretty tough draw as well with Texas AM and a hot Michigan team.

But I think by far the toughest draw for a 2 seed is Purdue. Either Butler or Arkansas is going to give them problems. But then to have to deal with Tech.

Rhode Island is better than Arkansas or Butler. No reason to be scared of Butler. Purdue beat them pretty good this year. Now on a bad night of course they could lose. Arkansas isn't great either. It's the tournament so who knows but they'd be a decent favorite over either.

If Vince Edwards is healthy they should beat any if those teams.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:06 pm 

I expect Purdue to win both of those rounds. I just think looking at the 2 seeds they have the toughest road.

Shockingly you disagree. You will probably be right and all the 2 seeds will be out before Purdue :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:15 pm 

lol I love you guys talking about teams I bet you never even saw play. Or at most saw them play once.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:17 pm 

shakes wrote:
lol I love you guys talking about teams I bet you never even saw play. Or at most saw them play once.

The FF approach does not look good on you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:23 am 

shakes wrote:

Ok. Who beats them?