It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
college bball starts up this weekend, the usual assortment of crappy pre-season non conference games get things going.

Nothing too interesting until you get to next Tuesday and then bam, massive double header at the UC.

#1 Duke vs #2 Michigan St
#5 Kentucky vs #4 Kansas

How awesome is that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:59 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Michigan State always starts the season with the huge games and get throttled. Izzo uses them as a lesson for the rest of the season.

Illinois scheduled a preseason game against EIU and got throttled for the same reason. This is why MSU is always good and Illinois sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Spartans bounced from the NCAA tourney on the first weekend two seasons in a row now. Izzo craps the bed in the tourney again, especially with a couple of potential lottery picks on his roster, time to retire. Bring in Tom Crean to coach these rosters.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 pm 

Really excited for this, especially the Duke MSU game. Marvin Bagley vs a tough MSU front court.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Hussra wrote:
Spartans bounced from the NCAA tourney on the first weekend two seasons in a row now. Izzo craps the bed in the tourney again, especially with a couple of potential lottery picks on his roster, time to retire. Bring in Tom Crean to coach these rosters.

Except Crean can't coach. He recruits pretty well and then stands on the sidelines all coked out yelling to no one in particular.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm 

Hussra wrote:

This has to be one of the stupidest posts ever about college bball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Looking forward to the nice match ups tonight. Would like to see Michigan State hang tough.
Love the early power match ups. A loss early on doesn't hurt when you play 30 regular season games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Not much point of 'hiding' the poor guy with towels when there's an overhead camera.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 pm 

Not sure why that guy wasn't launched for the elbow.

Turning out to be a great game.

Or not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm 

What a great night of hoops. Only negative was Bagley getting poked in the eye and missing 3/4 of the game.

I think its safe to say that Grayson Allen has moved into the lead for national player of the year.

Some of those freshman look really good. Duval and Bagley on Duke, Jackson on MSU, Knox on Kentucky.

If Duke plays to its potential, they'll run through this season like the Golden State Warriors. But, if they don't this is going to be wide open. Lots of good teams.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 pm 

shakes wrote:
What a great night of hoops. Only negative was Bagley getting poked in the eye and missing 3/4 of the game.

I think its safe to say that Grayson Allen has moved into the lead for national player of the year.

Some of those freshman look really good. Duval and Bagley on Duke, Jackson on MSU, Knox on Kentucky.

If Duke plays to its potential, they'll run through this season like the Golden State Warriors. But, if they don't this is going to be wide open. Lots of good teams.

Were you there live? Seems like the best basketball ticket of the season.

I watch things like Miller's injury and it doesn't bother me ... that finger in the eye deal though, ick.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Manny's
Don Tiny wrote:
shakes wrote:

I watch things like Miller's injury and it doesn't bother me ... that finger in the eye deal though, ick.

I made the trip into the city, and really enjoyed being there live. The atmosphere was pretty good. We were neutral basketball fans sitting in the Michigan State section, and hearing their interactions with the scattered Duke fans was very entertaining :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:42 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
shakes wrote:

I didn't go. Had hockey last night and anyways, the idea of sitting there for 2 games on a school night isn't as appealing as doing it from my couch.