It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 am 

OU and Ariz State need to be replaced by Okl St and ND.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
RFDC wrote:

yes on Ok State, but no on Notre Dame unless they win today. They got a nice, but very lucky win vs Va. Tech yesterday (banked in 3pt shot by Bonzi), but their resume is still lacking even when they had Bonzi healthy (losses to Ball St and Indiana).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:14 pm 

shakes wrote:
RFDC wrote:

yes on Ok State, but no on Notre Dame unless they win today. They got a nice, but very lucky win vs Va. Tech yesterday (banked in 3pt shot by Bonzi), but their resume is still lacking even when they had Bonzi healthy (losses to Ball St and Indiana).

The committee has a lot of problems to deal with this year. How do you seed Missouri? Do you project how good Notre Dame may be vs. their record with and without Bonzi making them not a team that should make it? Can you really put nearly the whole Big 12 in? What about Nebraska who has a resume that should be a lock for a tournament but also has no good wins? Now Kansas has a potentially massive injury too but they are being very quiet about it and they will lower your seed based on injury.

I think they know this as they already claim that seeds 1 and 2 are done. They know they have 3 days worth of work to figure out the rest of the stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:47 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The committee has a lot of problems to deal with this year. How do you seed Missouri? Do you project how good Notre Dame may be vs. their record with and without Bonzi making them not a team that should make it? Can you really put nearly the whole Big 12 in? What about Nebraska who has a resume that should be a lock for a tournament but also has no good wins? Now Kansas has a potentially massive injury too but they are being very quiet about it and they will lower your seed based on injury.

I think they know this as they already claim that seeds 1 and 2 are done. They know they have 3 days worth of work to figure out the rest of the stuff.

Yea definitely some issues for them to deal with. that said, Nebraska doesn't have a good resume, they have a good record. Their resume is actually shit. Only one good win (at home vs Michigan) which they lose credit for by getting run out of MSG by Michigan last week. Nebraska is definitely out.

Don't think Porter will affect Mizzou's seeding. He'll be rusty, don't think the committee will adjust too much for that if at all.

The problem with ND is their record with Bonzi wasn't all that special.

Kansas is saying that their center will be good to go next week. If that's true they should stay on the #1 line no matter what happens this weekend.

The committee will make some things pretty easy when filling out a bracket. No matter who OU and ASU play (if they get it) they will lose so that's at least a couple games that will be easy to pick.

Some massive games today. Alabama, ND, Marquette and Ok State may all need to win today.

Glad I'm still off work today, today is quite possibly the best college basketball day of the year, even better than next week based on the amount of marquee matchups.

Really looking forward to seeing Porter play this afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:58 pm 

the last few minutes of Alabama vs Texas A&M were some of the best I've ever seen. Unbelievable finish and unbelievable battle between the two freshman guards who absolutely hate each other, Sexton and Starks. Whoever had the ball last won.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:13 pm 

well, so much for getting a good look at Michael Porter this weekend. Mizzou shit the bed vs Georgia. Wasn't Porter's fault. He was rusty and didn't shoot well, but still had double digit points and the team was better when he was on the court. His brother was great. They had a couple other guys who played well below their averages.

So far today has been great. 3 OT games and plenty of other close contests. Looking forward to another round of games tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
Is Duke ever not a bunch of douchebags?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
storkinastorm wrote:

I haven't watched closely but is this game's quality utter shite or is it just me? Wasn't it like 4-1 after about four minutes or so?
(okay, except for Kenny Williams' bucket right there)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

I haven't watched closely but is this game's quality utter shite or is it just me? Wasn't it like 4-1 after about four minutes or so?

It’s not just you.

Neither of them could score for a long time, and the rest of the first half was a track meet with turnover after turnover.

Carolina looks undisciplined too. They could beat that zone every time if they work it inside-out, but they’re too busy committing dumb turnovers before they set up their offense.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Great game between Wichita St. & Houston today

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:53 pm 

Any potential in Graham (Kansas) or Carter (West Virginia)?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:46 pm 

Villanova and Providence tied with 90 seconds left.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:03 pm 

These mid-majors lack athleticism, but wow they can shoot. EW and Montana are in a shootout.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:06 pm 

Looks like 'Nova will win; up by 6 with 27 secs left in OT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:05 pm 

Real good game between Rhode ISland and Davidson on CBS right now; Davidson up by 1 with 11 seconds left

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5