It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Trae Young's stats through 5 games:

28.2 PTS | 8.6 ASTS | 4.2 REBS | 2.2 STLS | 1.8 TO

57.1% on 2FG's | 38.6% on 3FG's | 89.4% on FT's

He's 6'2 and on no one's draft board due to his measurable. Wonder if people are going to let history repeat itself similar to Curry and he drops below several PG's in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Wow. Northwestern lets a guy drive right down the lane to win the game.

Rough loss.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Rough loss.

Big Ten lookin' strong* against the ACC!

*where strong means sucky

Illini out to the early lead, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Rough loss.

Big Ten lookin' strong* against the ACC!

*where strong means sucky

Illini out to the early lead, though.

Is the rambling wreck from a Georgia Tech shitty this year? I guess I’m glad I wasn’t watching.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:40 pm 

Big win for Purdue over Louisville last night. Other than Arizona, there wasn't a team in the country that needed a big win more than Purdue.

Doesn't get any easier with a trip to Maryland for the big10 opener this weekend.

The networks are hyping UNC vs Michigan and Duke vs Indiana, but clearly the best game to watch tonight is #10 Miami vs #12 Minnesota.

All leading up to tomorrow's epic top 5 battle between ND and MSU.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
watching michigan/unc which was horrible. got a text from a buddy that i had to turn on the duke/ind game when there was 3 minutes left only to watch literally as i turned it on a 9 point swing to duke so i turned it off.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm 

yea Duke vs Indiana was a helluva game. That makes 4 games in a row where Duke has slept walked through the first half only to turn it on very late and blow a team out. Not exactly the kind of winning formula that is easy to sustain. Reminds me of Kansas last year who had a lot of 2nd half comebacks during the regular season, but ran out of them in the tournament.

Miami continued to expose the BIg10 last night as they beat Minnesota on the road to improve the ACC's record to I think 10-1 in the challenge.

Tonigth is the main event with Notre Dame vs MSU.

Also interested in checking out Seton Hall vs #22 Texas Tech.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 pm 

So . . . Loyola beats Florida????

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 am 

What do the Ramblers have to do to get some publicity in this city? They produce the one good sports story in this city over the past few months and the lead story is still the shitty Bulls losing another game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
What do the Ramblers have to do to get some publicity in this city? They produce the one good sports story in this city over the past few months and the lead story is still the shitty Bulls losing another game.

Just a blurb in the Trib. Probably due to them not having any writers....but still, you'd think this (and their season) would be a larger story.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am 

Kansas also went down last night, to Washington.

DePaul managed to avoid the upset bug and trounced Central Connecticuit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Can they give away free broadcasts of their games? Or would they be less profitable than whatever is on channels 23, 26 or 50?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:45 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Can they give away free broadcasts of their games? Or would they be less profitable than whatever is on channels 23, 26 or 50?

I don't know how they can't find a place to at least broadcast some games. I saw it on the SEC Network.

as an aside, are people in the SEC states egotistical morons? It's bad enough with their football but the studio host last night was talking about how teams are always gearing up to give SEC basketball teams their best game. There isn't a program outside of Kentucky that anyone is getting up for (even though Florida had success under Donovan).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't know how they can't find a place to at least broadcast some games. I saw it on the SEC Network.

as an aside, are people in the SEC states egotistical morons? It's bad enough with their football but the studio host last night was talking about how teams are always gearing up to give SEC basketball teams their best game. There isn't a program outside of Kentucky that anyone is getting up for (even though Florida had success under Donovan).

I gotta disagree on this. For a team like Loyola or any other low to mid major, playing just about any team in a big 5 conference is a big deal and a great opportunity to get a signature win on their resume.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
It's nice to see Loyola off to a great start! The last time I watched them on purpose they had Carl Golston and Alfredrick Hughes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:07 pm 

shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I gotta disagree on this. For a team like Loyola or any other low to mid major, playing just about any team in a big 5 conference is a big deal and a great opportunity to get a signature win on their resume.

It wasn't directed at Loyola. It was a general thought, as if in the game they cut to next, Rhode Island was particularly up to play Alabama.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:52 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It wasn't directed at Loyola. It was a general thought, as if in the game they cut to next, Rhode Island was particularly up to play Alabama.

I see what you're saying, but that's a bad example. Rhode Island, a mid major who will definitely be in the tournament, would very much be fired up to play an Alabama team that would also be in the tournament. For a team like RI, a win vs Bama could be the difference between a couple seed lines come march.

But, I agree that in general, teams from similar conferences would have no extra reason to get excited about playing a random SEC team.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Iowa/Iowa State in a very entertaining battle. Best player on the floor is Iowa State freshman Lindell Wiggington. Kid's got a well-developed musculayture.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:47 pm 

Not much going on this weekend in CBB, but I highly recommend checking out my guy, Trae Young, tonight when Oklahoma plays USC.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:22 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Iowa/Iowa State in a very entertaining battle. Best player on the floor is Iowa State freshman Lindell Wiggington. Kid's got a well-developed musculayture.

I think Fran McCaffrey keeps his unused timeouts at home to use at a later date. He is the worst at calming down his teams when shit starts to hit the fan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:02 am 

Hope you guys got a chance to see Young play last night. He didn't disappoint. 29 pts, 9 assists in a win on the road vs #25 USC.

Guy leads the NCAA in scoring and assists.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:19 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
DannyB wrote:

I think Fran McCaffrey keeps his unused timeouts at home to use at a later date. He is the worst at calming down his teams when shit starts to hit the fan.

The Hawks actually looked pretty good, at least offensively. Shooting went a bit cold in the 2nd half. The makeup of the team is odd though, a lot of 6'7" white guys. It's like a small army of Chris Streets.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 am 

DannyB wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
DannyB wrote:

The Hawks actually looked pretty good, at least offensively. Shooting went a bit cold in the 2nd half. The makeup of the team is odd though, a lot of 6'7" white guys. It's like a small army of Chris Streets.

They lack a real PG. Fran has struck out many times in chasing that position. He runs a bit of a positionless offense otherwise - preferring athletic bigs who can hit the three. They have a few bangers (Cook, Pemsl and Kreiner) but for the most part they have Euro style bigs.

I like Fran but he really needs to address the PG need. Bohannon is playing there but would be better suited off ball and hit 3s

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 am 

Another amazing game for my guy, Trae Young. Led unranked Oklahoma to a win at #3 Wichita State with 29 pts and 10 assists.

Leading the NCAA in scoring and 3rd in assists. If the season ended today he would be the front runner for NPOY.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 am 

My guy Trae Young tied the NCAA record with 22 assists last night. Think he also threw in 26 pts.

Next game is Friday vs Northwestern on national tv. If you only watch one NU game all year I strongly recommend tuning in this Friday to watch the most entertaining college basketball player in the country.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:56 pm 

Many have been wondering what happened to Iowa State after the horrifying home loss to Wisc-Milwaukee. They rearranged their lineup and have won 9 straight with a few decent ones thrown in. They're up to No. 22 in the RPI behind the stellar play of super frosh Lindell Wiggington. They don't face Oklahoma & super super frosh Trae Young until 2/10 though. Should be interesting.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:11 pm 

It seems as if virtually every kid on Duke is a 2nd or 3rd generation D1 player.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:07 am 

6:00 tonight on ESPN2, must see tv, Oklahoma vs Northwestern. First chance for you yahoos to see Trae Young.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:12 pm 

hope some of you are watching this. Trae Young making me look good....25 and 10. Pretty good game right? Oh wait, that's just from the first half! Tune in to the second half to see more of the carnage.

Starting to think that i don't care where the Bulls pick, I want this guy. So fun to watch play. He's Steph-lite, but Steph wasn't nearly this good his freshman season. This kid is now leading the NCAA in scoring and assists.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:36 am 

Didn't play a ton in the 2nd half and finished the game with 31 pts on great shooting to go along with 12 assists. Ho hum, just another day in the office for the best player in the land.

Pretty sure no one in history has led the nation in scoring and assists for the year. It's early, but we could be looking at one of, if not the best seasons in college basketball history.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next