Post subject: Re: Coaching changes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
tommy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The whole Schiano-UT thing is a mess.

University being torched for allowing Twitter mobs to dictate hiring decisions and tainting a guy's reputation.

Pretty disrespectful

A somewhat unexpected social media critic...The outrage over Tennessee's expected hiring of Greg Schiano has reached the highest office in the land. White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders apparently wrote a scathing Facebook post Sunday afternoon, blasting Tennessee officials for reportedly hiring someone linked to the Jerry Sandusky child-abuse case at Penn State. "Guess who's the new head football coach at the University of Tennesse. Yup. The guy who covered for Jerry Sandusky. #GregSchiano,'' Sanders wrote on her personal Facebook account.

I think she's kinda hot
I thought you quit drinking. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
On Tennessee, I have an SEC thing on Facebook, so hear from a lot of them, they want Gruden and that's basically the only guy that will satisfy them is what I would say, there probably not going to get him, so anyone else would be a letdown, Ill be honest I don't think until yesterday I ever Schiano's name with the Penn State stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 am 

All those SEC fans outside of Alabama and Georgia are living off of the reputations of their superiors. You hear those chumps chant S-E-C at bowl games as if getting crushed by the Crimson Tide every year somehow elevates their status. You see this attitude in this UT affair.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:02 am 

good dolphin wrote:
All those SEC fans outside of Alabama and Georgia are living off of the reputations of their superiors. You hear those chumps chant S-E-C at bowl games as if getting crushed by the Crimson Tide every year somehow elevates their status. You see this attitude in this UT affair.

Yep. It is quite the deal. I see it even with Mizzou fans. Somehow they think because they have been in SEC for 10 mins that they are now a football power.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
they are the michigan of the SEC kind of. they lost fulmer who avged 9-10 wins a season around the same time michigan lost Carr who average the same number. and both have kind of floundered.

this need for teams to win 11 games a year is absurd. urban and saban are outliers. these coaches getting fired for 9 win seasons is just unrealistic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:58 am 

Some twitter reports out there that Tenn is close to a deal with Brohm.

Brick, you hearing anything on this?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:03 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Some twitter reports out there that Tenn is close to a deal with Brohm.

Brick, you hearing anything on this?
He turned them down once already. It sounds like they are throwing crazy money at him now. It sounds like Purdue is going to/has offered a nice pay bump too. It should be interesting. I think he stays but I also don't know how high Tennessee is willing to go.

I'd expect Kevin Sumlin to be the next coach if Brohm goes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:02 pm 

Sorry RFDC. Brohm has reportedly turned them down again. They are going after Dave Doeren.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:21 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sorry RFDC. Brohm has reportedly turned them down again. They are going after Dave Doeren.

No idea why anyone would go to Tenn at this point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:26 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

For $7 million a year.

Doeren supposedly is unhappy at NC State. Brohm likes it at Purdue though obviously he won't be there long.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:02 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

For $7 million a year.

Doeren supposedly is unhappy at NC State. Brohm likes it at Purdue though obviously he won't be there long.

Tennessee is an upgrade from NCST in just about every manner. He would be a fool not to listen if they call. Doeren isn't perfect, especially in game. However, he recruits a remarkable amount of talent to a middling program like NCST. Some would say he even under produces for all the talent he has brought to the school. Still, he has taken two programs with little football history and made them both perennial top 25 programs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:14 pm 

Conference tv deals have changed some of the math though. You're seeing a lot of coaches avoid the headache that comes from places like Tennessee and instead live a nice quality life of a place that won't fire you because you can't beat Alabama and LSU. They've already been turned down by somewhere between 3-5 coaches.

What is different is that seemingly the other coaches were happy with their jobs and supposedly Doeren has been looking for a way out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:35 pm 

Quote:
Clay Travis‏@ClayTravis
I am told that UT AD John Currie made an offer to Jeff Brohm that Brohm accepted. Currie then asked the chancellor to approve the offer — buyout included — and chancellor said no. So Currie went back to Brohm with lesser offer and Brohm said no. So here we are.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:40 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
Clay Travis‏@ClayTravis
I am told that UT AD John Currie made an offer to Jeff Brohm that Brohm accepted. Currie then asked the chancellor to approve the offer — buyout included — and chancellor said no. So Currie went back to Brohm with lesser offer and Brohm said no. So here we are.

It is pretty funny but it's been denied by just about everyone else and Travis has been trying hard to get Currie fired.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

For $7 million a year.

Tennessee is an upgrade from NCST in just about every manner. He would be a fool not to listen if they call. Doeren isn't perfect, especially in game. However, he recruits a remarkable amount of talent to a middling program like NCST. Some would say he even under produces for all the talent he has brought to the school. Still, he has taken two programs with little football history and made them both perennial top 25 programs.

Which suggests that Doeren should jump at this while he has the chance. A few mediocre seasons at NC State and he'll be coaching at Mercer. At Tennessee, he'll have the chance to work with or hire top-notch assistants, which he needs, since he can't manage a game (which, interestingly enough, seems to have been every Tennessee coach's problem in the past five years).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:20 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
Clay Travis‏@ClayTravis

Sheesh. Just bring Phillip Fulmer* back at this point. Or dig Johnny Majors up.

*he was a jag, though

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Whats Charlie Weiss up to.....other than 500 lbs?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Whats Charlie Weiss up to.....other than 500 lbs?

HEY HEY!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:33 pm 

Looks like the NC State fans are praying this is true. They don't seem to like Doeren.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:57 pm 

A little surprised aren't going after Tee Martin for Tennessee, maybe if Doeren falls through.

After Tennesee finally gets a coach maybe, then the next fun one to watch does Jimbo Fisher go to Texas A&M, Oregon got worried Taggert was would take Florida State if that happens, there ready to really pay Taggart.

Look at some of the names possibly for Arizona State, interviewing Herm Edwards, seen Mack Brown wants to interview for it, that was a place people were saying Sumlin for.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 pm 

Stories are out there, Herm Edwards has got the Arizona State job.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 pm 

Quote:
Wes Rucker‏@wesrucker247

Multiple people have tweeted me that they’re lining up on campus in the morning to cancel their season tickets if #Vols hire Dave Doeren.

This is going well, you guys.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Doeren turning down the job is hilarious. All these other coaches are getting sweet new deals at their schools thanks to Tennessee. Now they're aiming for Sumlin when it's probably the least attractive job for him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Sumlin can't even get a raise out of the interview!!!

Goober Manning is going to have to take over the coaching search or become coach.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
reents wrote:
Stories are out there, Herm Edwards has got the Arizona State job.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:57 pm 

reents wrote:
A little surprised aren't going after Tee Martin for Tennessee

I just can't see it even though it seems logical. It's like he's an afterthought, even though he did something King Goober never could down there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:14 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
reents wrote:

I just can't see it even though it seems logical. It's like he's an afterthought, even though he did something King Goober never could down there.

Steve Spurrier said that Tee Martin should be the Tennessee coach. (Wonder if that is a shot at Manning?)

Why don't you think Martin would work out there?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 pm 

tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
reents wrote:

Steve Spurrier said that Tee Martin should be the Tennessee coach. (Wonder if that is a shot at Manning?)

I think he would. I just wonder how many Vols fans realize that he's been coaching for awhile now & more importantly, that he, not Goober got them the last title.

Plus, I question what the administration does to evaluate coaches who don't seem to be snake oil salesmen like their last few football/basketball coaches.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:23 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
reents wrote:

I think he would. I just wonder how many Vols fans realize that he's been coaching for awhile now & more importantly, that he, not Goober got them the last title.

Plus, I question what the administration does to evaluate coaches who don't seem to be snake oil salesmen like their last few football/basketball coaches.

Yeah, they've had a bad run in both sports, haven't they? It's been puzzling.

I don't even think Manning even played for a title. I think they were always out of it because of the loss to Florida, right? That was amazing to see Martin pull that off. Great win over Florida that year, too.

We should go to an SEC game next year....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:25 pm 

tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
reents wrote:

Yeah, they've had a bad run in both sports, haven't they? It's been puzzling.

I don't even think Manning even played for a title. I think they were always out of it because of the loss to Florida, right? That was amazing to see Martin pull that off. Great win over Florida that year, too.

We should go to an SEC game next year....

He never could get past the Gators, which Tee did with a great win.

And yeah, it would be a blast.