It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:54 pm 

His game does appear to be getting exposed a little. It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted and how his game translates in the NBA.

No one expected Steph to be this good in the NBA and Trae is better than he was at this level. So still a lot of unknowns.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
He had a bad shooting game and made some bad decisions in regards to shot selection. The game before that he had 44/9 and shot over 50%. the game before that he played poorly against Alabama. The game before that he was nearly perfect from the field in a win over Kansas. And the game before that was the bad shooting game vs OSU.

He's being asked to do more than any player in the country and his teammates are total dogshit. He has little to no help. Some games he ends up forcing too much, some games it all works out. the games where he is great far outnumber the games he has struggled. And even when he struggles like last night he still had 14 assists and leads the country in that category.

It's ridiculous for posters here to look at a guy one or two games and give categorial opinions. Especially with Trae who has had some real up and down games lately.

At the next level when he's playing with guys you can play he's going to be a cheat code.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
I used to drive through Indianapolis weekly for several years for work and frequently caught Dakic's midday show on the local sports talker. He's no stranger to hyperbole.... that, and the full 3-4 second pause of dead air are kind of what he's known for.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:39 pm 

shakes wrote:
He had a bad shooting game and made some bad decisions in regards to shot selection. The game before that he had 44/9 and shot over 50%. the game before that he played poorly against Alabama. The game before that he was nearly perfect from the field in a win over Kansas. And the game before that was the bad shooting game vs OSU.

He's being asked to do more than any player in the country and his teammates are total dogshit. He has little to no help. Some games he ends up forcing too much, some games it all works out. the games where he is great far outnumber the games he has struggled. And even when he struggles like last night he still had 14 assists and leads the country in that category.

It's ridiculous for posters here to look at a guy one or two games and give categorial opinions. Especially with Trae who has had some real up and down games lately.

At the next level when he's playing with guys you can play he's going to be a cheat code.

I think there has to be some questions about how inconsistent he is. He may be playing with better players but he will also be facing better defenders.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:02 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:

I think there has to be some questions about how inconsistent he is. He may be playing with better players but he will also be facing better defenders.

I don't think so. I think it's as simple as he's a young kid being asked to do way too much. The inconsistency has only shown up in the past few weeks. I think the grind of having to do as much as he does is wearing him down a bit. He won't have that pressure or usage rate at the next level. He showed against Kansas when he shot 7-9 and didn't attempt a single 3 in the first half that he's more than capable of reigning himself in. He's very smart. No one talks about that, all you hear is about his shooting and passing but his IQ is elite as well. the game slows down for him.

Defenders will be better at the next level, but there aren't too many NBA guards who will be able to single cover him at his range with his blow by ability. Let alone how many are even willing to guard a guy that far out all game? His nickname should be The Cheat Code.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:08 pm 

He is wearing down playing 2 games a week against college kids more likely to ask for his autograph after the game but he won't wear down playing 82 games against men that are much better?

I will wait for the NBA summer league before i render a truer assessment but from what i've seen let someone else draft this kid.

Bilas had him 3rd on his draft board but i hope like hell the Bulls don't take him if they have the opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
First time actually sitting down and watching this kid play a game. His teammates are just shit, but he overcomes it in a very entertaining fashion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
First time actually sitting down and watching this kid play a game. His teammates are just shit, but he overcomes it in a very entertaining fashion.

This guy gets it.

OU won 11 games last year. There isn't a guy out there who isn't hot garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He's basically Ricky Rubio with an elite jump shot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
He looks frail--too thin, short, small frame, weak. If he drives to the hoop in the NBA, he's gonna get killed--especially since he lacks elite quickness.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Tall Midget wrote:
He looks frail--too thin, short, small frame, weak. If he drives to the hoop in the NBA, he's gonna get killed--especially since he lacks elite quickness.

That was the scouting report on Steph Curry too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Parkins had some guy from The Athletic or The Fieldhouse or some such sports site talking about college hoops and the draft. He didn't seem too enthralled with Young's game and how it transitions to the next level. Parkins made a point that he thinks that the game will actually be easier for Young at the next level since he isn't facing the same double and triple teams he faces now.