It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:53 pm 

I know they compare this kid to Steph Curry but when I watch him play I see Jimmer Fredette. Will have to watch more of him before I'm convinced of it.

Hope the Bulls don't draft him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I am really surprised that RR didnt have Isiah as one of the best guards of all time. His run at IU was as good as anyone ever.

Oh I do, it's just that I oddly didn't see Isiah play that much. DePaul ball took up most of my viewing enjoyment, at least until the NCAAs started. And during the ridiculous three year stretch of opening round losses, I couldn't watch anything until baseball started. Including IU's '81 title run.

Admittedly, my Pistol Pete love is based on numbers and how his image was so carefully crafted to appeal to any skinny kid with a floppy fro and bad socks.

Reader who you got Rockin Rod or Hurley? I'm going Strickland

Just saw this. I'm going Hurley. Championships matter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Good thing Shakes has this guy to fall back on after he puts his big baller shoes back in the closet where tbey belong.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Shakes loves guys with horrible looking shots.

Trae is going to have to fix his form if he wants to be as effective in the NBA.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:00 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:

Trae is going to have to fix his form if he wants to be as effective in the NBA.

yeah because there has never been an effective shooter in the NBA with bad form

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

Not too many superstar NBA guards with low release points and little elevation on their jump shots.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Trea has a quick release and it goes in..he should change nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
W&S were going over some mick and had the possibility this Trae kid slips to the Bulls. Or a center from Mich St. which would bother B&G so I like that one.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:31 pm 

pittmike wrote:
W&S were going over some nut

:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 pm 

pittmike wrote:
W&S were going over some nut and had the possibility this Trae kid slips to the Bulls. Or a center from Mich St. which would bother B&G so I like that one.

Bulls are winning the lottery this year. They can pick who they want. The question is who will fall to them at 16-ish.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:02 pm 

That would have been mock.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
pittmike wrote:
W&S were going over some nut and had the possibility this Trae kid slips to the Bulls. Or a center from Mich St. which would bother B&G so I like that one.

Jaren Jackson Jr is a small forward at Michigan State, not a center. But, he is 7'0 tall, can knock down 3s or post up and he's also the best wing defender in the NCAA. He would be an amazing fit next to Lauri. Might be around at #7, but I think he's going to climb up the boards at draft time and go higher.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:31 pm 

shakes wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Jaren Jackson Jr is a small forward at Michigan State, not a center. But, he is 7'0 tall, can knock down 3s or post up and he's also the best wing defender in the NCAA. He would be an amazing fit next to Lauri. Might be around at #7, but I think he's going to climb up the boards at draft time and go higher.

I’ll believe you.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:23 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

See : Reggie Miller

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:23 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

See : Reggie Miller

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:28 am 

pittmike wrote:

I'm intrigued by him. Saw a little of him earlier in the year and liked what I saw. definitely take him anywhere after 5.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: John's
There is no way Young gets to #5. Ok, let's ignore the fact he is the best shooter in college since Curry...he's Steve Nash light as a point guard, a better pass/play-maker than Curry too. His only knock is he isn't a uber athlete, but does it really matter when you can shoot and pass like that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:26 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
There is no way Young gets to #5. Ok, let's ignore the fact he is the best shooter in college since Curry...he's Steve Nash light as a point guard, a better pass/play-maker than Curry too. His only knock is he isn't a uber athlete, but does it really matter when you can shoot and pass like that?

yea, as great as this draft is I just don't see how teams can let Young fall past the first couple picks. It'll probably happen cause teams are anamoured with athletic bigs and there's plenty of those available. But I think it's crazy to let a unique talent like Young fall. In retrospect, it was crazy to let Steph Curry fall as far as he did and like I've been saying since November, this is the closest thing we've seen to Steph Curry since Steph Curry.

His skillset will change whatever franchise he goes to. His shooting range, quick release and quick dribble and handles will make him one of the toughest players to defend in terms of total team defense in the entire league. Guard him at half court and risk the blow by. Lay off him and watch him rain 3's from the center court logo.

As great as Bagley is and as great as Ayton can one day be, I don't see either one of them being anywhere near the total game changer that Trae is.

Still need to see more of Doncic though cause he is apparently pretty amazing himself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:36 am 

I've seen Bulls fans argue against drafting Young because they have "Kris Dunn" ...I shit you not. It's akin to the Warriors deciding not to draft Curry because they had "Monta Ellis", shit it might be worse because Dunn isn't even as good as Ellis.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I've seen Bulls fans argue against drafting Young because they have "Kris Dunn" ...I shit you not. It's akin to the Warriors deciding not to draft Curry because they had "Monta Ellis", shit it might be worse because Dunn isn't even as good as Ellis.

Its not because of Dunn that i'd pass though. I don't want a ball dominant guard that high unless he has star potential. This kid doesn't look like that.

He has bad shot selection and he has no chance to defend NBA point guards.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:46 pm 

Bagley is the best player in this draft. Hope the Bulls get him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Its not because of Dunn that i'd pass though. I don't want a ball dominant guard that high unless he has star potential. This kid doesn't look like that.

I don't understand how a guy with elite shooting has poor shot selection? Hoiball would explode with Young at point guard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:00 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Bagley is the best player in this draft. Hope the Bulls get him.

I take it you've seen Doncic play then since you are claiming Bagley is #1?

Please enlighten us on what makes Bagley a better player than Doncic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:03 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I don't understand how a guy with elite shooting has poor shot selection? Hoiball would explode with Young at point guard.

He doesn't, its an idiotic thing to say.

He's a freshman being asked to carry an entire team with a coach who gave him the green light. Yea he had some games where he took too many shots and some bad shots, but he also had games since then where he recognized that and in turn took nothing but great shots. He's way too smart to take bad shots at the detriment of his team. Very intelligent player. Once he gets into a system with other great players his game will take off even more cause teams won't be able to double team him 30 feet from the basket anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I've watched most of Duke's games, albeit with delay as my work schedule is crazy.

Bagley is a good player. He's not a great player. He is tall but can handle, but his arms seem short to me. He beats up relentlessly on frontlines that just aren't big enough to handle him. Brandon Ingram is a better athletic talent than him. I'd love to be wrong, but I wouldn't draft this kid with the first pick. I think he will struggle at the NBA level moreso than a first pick should.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:43 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You can be good shooter and still take bad shots. 45% as a college guard isnt all that great. Lonzo shot better than that and it isn't shocking that guy who thinks he is great also thinks that this statement is "idiotic".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:47 pm 

Here is a scouting report on Trae Young. Clearly states "that his shot selection leaves a lot to be desired at times". Yeah its "idiotic" to think so. Very idiotic.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/trae-young

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
Here is a scouting report on Trae Young. Clearly states "that his shot selection leaves a lot to be desired at times". Yeah its "idiotic" to think so. Very idiotic.

how many games have you watched him play?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:52 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

how many games have you watched him play?

About 2 and i vividly recall him taking a number of questionable shots in one of them.
Oklahoma State in particular. The announcers were all over him too for the way that he iced teammates out too.
I will check him out tomorrow against Texas.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:59 pm 

Checked him out against Texas and GarPax would be stupid to draft him.

His shot selection is terrible. Launched at least 5 shots from 30 feet out or better. Struggled to blow by guys and he is small.

Just because he can make 30 foot shots doesn't mean that 30 foot shots are necessarily "good shots" for him. His shooting percentage from that range coupled with whether there is a defender in his face at the time are what determines whether its a good shot or not.

It is not whether the shot goes in or not.

He won't stand a chance against NBA point guards either. I will pass on this kid if I'm the Bull.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next