It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Izzo out at MSU?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Seems to be some nose floating around that Izzo and the football coach both covered up/brushed under the rug sexual assault allegations during their tenure. Word is he will announce that he will retire after the season.

Comes a week after he took heat for issuing a tone deaf statement regarding the Nasser situation. Also showed strong support for school president who resigned this week.

MSU AD retired this morning as well.

Heads are rolling.

My guess is Iowa and Steve Alford might be next in line if people start taking a look at Pierre Pierce.

Post subject: Re: Izzo out at MSU?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
A little shocking, but not surprised with the ESPN report, as good as Izzo seems and what Dantonio has done for Michigan State football, wish they were going out under better circumstances.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hopefully the Illini can fire Underwood and land Izzo

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:01 pm 

Not to go all Terry Boers answering machine but these rumors have been around for a long time. There was a lot of "cooperation" between law enforcement and the athletic department to make sure that certain things ended up going away relatively quiet. It's just interesting what it takes for those kind of stories to get investigated though. The 2011 story will be the end of Izzo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
too long to read

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/222 ... -case-espn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Not to go all Terry Boers answering machine but these rumors have been around for a long time. There was a lot of "cooperation" between law enforcement and the athletic department to make sure that certain things ended up going away relatively quiet. It's just interesting what it takes for those kind of stories to get investigated though. The 2011 story will be the end of Izzo.

Honestly, does this stuff go on at every school, especially about the cooperation between law enforcement and athletic department, just who gets caught and who doesn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:09 pm 

reents wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Honestly, does this stuff go on at every school, especially about the cooperation between law enforcement and athletic department, just who gets caught and who doesn't.
It happens to some degree at a lot of schools, but it's pretty tough to get rape charges to go away without being incredibly powerful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:33 pm 

Watching PTI, they are pretty much talking how it kinda goes on at most schools.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Jeez, that's nothing. I'm hearing that John Wooden slipped Ann-Margret a mickey & ran the Super8 while Lew Alcindor and Lucius Allen ran a train on her.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He can flee to the NBA and replace Hoiberg.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Caller Bob wrote:
He can flee to the NBA and replace Hoiberg.

He had his chance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

The game is on FS1

Izzo told Tim Brando, the announcer for this game, that there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that he will retire after the year.

So, that says a lot. He's gonna make them fire him. Which they will. Eventually.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Putting Beardown's ramblings in the appropriate thread...

He refused to answer any questions. Basically just said he's worried about the survivors.

So he didn't make an ass of himself. Said he's not quitting. But you could see in his face that he's facing hell and will go down. He just wants to hang on as long as he can. At least finish the year. Because all this guy knows is Michigan State and teaching guys to put a ball through a hoop.

But I could see his ass going to the NBA. He'll be toxic in college once fired. But NBA rapes never fall on the head coach. Or any criminal activity for that matter. Because you can't cover that up in the NBA nor do you have to worry about doing so. There is no college police or AD to help you cover it up. It's real police. So if NBA players go down the coach isn't responsible for grown ass rapist men.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
reents wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It happens to some degree at a lot of schools, but it's pretty tough to get rape charges to go away without being incredibly powerful.

The righteous and upstanding US Attorney Kenneth Star thinks that if you pretend it didn't happen, then they go away

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 am 

How that walking shitstain Ken Starr is still welcomed anywhere as an expert is completely beyond me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I can't imagine a Big Ten without Izzo.

There is no way they fire him. They would face an alumni revolt if they did so. Especially with the season MSU is having. Izzo made some dumb statements but this isn't like Penn State where Parterno covered it up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I can't imagine a Big Ten without Izzo.

There is no way they fire him. They would face an alumni revolt if they did so. Especially with the season MSU is having. Izzo made some dumb statements but this isn't like Penn State where Parterno covered it up.

They sure as shit could fire him. Especially if the "noise" starts to turn recruits to other programs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I only overheard some blathering on the radio. So his assistant coach was a rapist and he kept him around? something like that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:49 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
I only overheard some blathering on the radio. So his assistant coach was a rapist and he kept him around? something like that?

And that was after the bar fight with some woman. Oh and the assistant was living in Izzo's basement, but Izzo claimed not to remember why he left

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Imagine if a black Big 10 coach did that. Oh yeah, the Big 10 doesn't hire black coaches, so it could never have occurred anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:57 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Imagine if a black Big 10 coach did that. Oh yeah, the Big 10 doesn't hire black coaches, so it could never have occurred anyway.

Largely true.

And since the charges don't involve paying players, the death penalty will never really be considered.