It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: NCAA Tourney
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Wow that looked like a charge.

made up for the 2 horrible out of bounds calls on the white kansas kid. and its an either way call. he was leaning a smidge.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:42 am 

My personal disappointment aside it really was two great weeks of college basketball along with an interesting Final Four.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You are just mad because you literally don't understand how the NCAA tournament works. Michigan had more bad losses, was 1-2 against Purdue, and had a worse record. They were playing well at the end but the conference tournaments are not a good indicator of NCAAT success(see the list of conference champs that are already out).

List of Conference tournament champs still playing:

Loyola Chicago
Michigan
Kansas
Villanova

Hmm, its almost as if how teams are playing at the very end of the season has a direct corellation to continued success beginning one week later. Makes a reasonable person think that maybe just maybe the selection committee should put greater weight in how teams are playing at the end of the season vs how they played in November and December.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:11 pm 

shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You are just mad because you literally don't understand how the NCAA tournament works. Michigan had more bad losses, was 1-2 against Purdue, and had a worse record. They were playing well at the end but the conference tournaments are not a good indicator of NCAAT success(see the list of conference champs that are already out).

Loyola Chicago
Michigan
Kansas
Villanova

Hmm, its almost as if how teams are playing at the very end of the season has a direct corellation to continued success beginning one week later. Makes a reasonable person think that maybe just maybe the selection committee should put greater weight in how teams are playing at the end of the season vs how they played in November and December.

Yeah. That's why Kansas and Villanova made it. :lol:

Michigan got one of the easiest paths in tournament history.

What happened to the other P5 conference champs?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Loyola didn't really play anyone either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:27 pm 

America wrote:
Loyola didn't really play anyone either.

I thought Tennessee was a legit ff candidate. They might very well be better than Michigan.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:36 pm 

Michigan got one of the easiest paths in tournament history? What do you base that on?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:45 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Michigan got one of the easiest paths in tournament history? What do you base that on?

The seeds they beat.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The seeds they beat.

I dont see how that counts as one of the easiest in tournament history. They didn't even play a double digit seed after the first round.

First round they beat a 14 seed.

Second round they beat a 6 seed -- a Houston team that some considered to be a dark horse to make some noise.

Third round they beat a 7 seed -- a 7 seed that destroyed one of the top teams in the tournament.

Fourth round they beat a 9 seed -- a 9 seed that beat a 1 seed

Sure that is not exactly a hard path, but to say that is one of the easiest in tournament history is an exaggeration

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Loyola Chicago
Michigan
Kansas
Villanova

Wow, you're just grasping at shit now aren't you? Do you even have a point to make here?

You stated that conference tournament success is not a good indicator of NCAA tournament success. All 4 F4 teams WON. THEIR. CONFERENCE. TOURNAMENTS.

Anyone saying that someone (Michigan) had an easy path to the F4 is an idiot. ANYONE who makes the F4 had a tough path to get there. There's no such thing as bad team in the sweet 16 or elite 8. You can throw the seeds out the window.

Actually, based on the shitty quadrant system and giving equal weight to games played in November as games played in March, you can throw all the seeds out, their basically all bullshit anyway. Michigan beat a Houston team playing as well as anyone in the country at the end of the season. Then they beat the crap out of a Texas A&M who had just beaten the crap out of UNC the round before and was at one point considered a top 5 team in the country. Then they beat a Florida State team who had beaten the crap out of a #1 seed Xavier and a Gonzaga team who everyone was picking to make it to the championship game.

Michigan is the best team in the Big10, they proved that by the end of the season. Not a surprise that they are the only Big10 team standing. Definitely not a surprise for me since I had Michigan in my F4.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:10 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The seeds they beat.

I dont see how that counts as one of the easiest in tournament history. They didn't even play a double digit seed after the first round.

Second round they beat a 6 seed -- a Houston team that some considered to be a dark horse to make some noise.

Third round they beat a 7 seed -- a 7 seed that destroyed one of the top teams in the tournament.

Sure that is not exactly a hard path, but to say that is one of the easiest in tournament history is an exaggeration

Brick is a moron. Michigan did not have one of the easiest roads in tourney history. They had to beat 3 really good teams to get there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:49 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The seeds they beat.

http://bloguin.com/runthefloor/2013-articles/gift-wrapped-easiest-final-four-paths-in-ncaa-history.html

They had an easier path than many of those teams especially considering they were a 3 seed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:51 pm 

shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Loyola Chicago
Michigan
Kansas
Villanova

Wow, you're just grasping at shit now aren't you? Do you even have a point to make here?

You stated that conference tournament success is not a good indicator of NCAA tournament success. All 4 F4 teams WON. THEIR. CONFERENCE. TOURNAMENTS.

Anyone saying that someone (Michigan) had an easy path to the F4 is an idiot. ANYONE who makes the F4 had a tough path to get there. There's no such thing as bad team in the sweet 16 or elite 8. You can throw the seeds out the window.

Actually, based on the shitty quadrant system and giving equal weight to games played in November as games played in March, you can throw all the seeds out, their basically all bullshit anyway. Michigan beat a Houston team playing as well as anyone in the country at the end of the season. Then they beat the crap out of a Texas A&M who had just beaten the crap out of UNC the round before and was at one point considered a top 5 team in the country. Then they beat a Florida State team who had beaten the crap out of a #1 seed Xavier and a Gonzaga team who everyone was picking to make it to the championship game.

Michigan is the best team in the Big10, they proved that by the end of the season. Not a surprise that they are the only Big10 team standing. Definitely not a surprise for me since I had Michigan in my F4.

How did all the P5 teams do? Villanova is great regardless. Kansas is good too. Michigan is the one example that helps you. They did have one of the easiest paths ever especially for a non 1 seed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:00 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The seeds they beat.

http://bloguin.com/runthefloor/2013-articles/gift-wrapped-easiest-final-four-paths-in-ncaa-history.html

They had an easier path than many of those teams especially considering they were a 3 seed.

:lol: linking to a 5 year old blog isn't going to help your argument when your entire argument is based on the flawed premise that the seeding system is accurate and that is the measure by which we should judge the roads of teams to the final 4. I already proved the seeding system is completely broken and you've done nothing to discount that nor have you done anything to discredit the statement that Houston, Texas A&M and Florida State were all playing great basketball at the time they met Michigan.

you got nothing. Just like Purdon't.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:51 pm 

It's hilarious how much you think you know. I'll take the committee over guy who claims to watch a lot of college basketball but got almost everything wrong about the NCAA tournament. Maybe go back to hyping Trae Young. :lol:

By the way everyone said Michigan had an easy path once the seeds came out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:06 pm 

Come on Brick. Even if you go by that article you linked they would have a score of 36. All of the teams on that article would be above them and it was 5 years ago.

That is weak man.

Again, while Michigan did not have a tough road, it was far from one of the easiest in tournament history.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The seeds they beat.

Those teams were pretty hot, too.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Come on Brick. Even if you go by that article you linked they would have a score of 36. All of the teams on that article would be above them and it was 5 years ago.

That is weak man.

Again, while Michigan did not have a tough road, it was far from one of the easiest in tournament history.

The point is they made a Final Four by only beating 6 seeds and above. For a non 1 seed that is incredibly rare but it's rare for any seed. That is what I meant.

Easy path to the F4 is obviously subjective and I would say beating a 6 seed and higher to get there qualifies. You literally are playing the 21st to 24th as the best team you face to get there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's hilarious how much you think you know. I'll take the committee over guy who claims to watch a lot of college basketball but got almost everything wrong about the NCAA tournament. Maybe go back to hyping Trae Young. :lol:

By the way everyone said Michigan had an easy path once the seeds came out.

Got almost everything wrong except 3/4 of the Final Four bitch-ass. :lol: who you crappin?

Literally no one was saying that Michigan had an easy path to the F4 when the brackets came out....UNC, Gonzaga were both considered better bets by the so called experts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
No dog in this fight but I believe Rick is saying that who Michigan ended up facing (14 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, and 9 seed) was what made it an easy path.

As he said, they never had to play a top 20 team (based on seed) in the tournament. That's gotta be historically easy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
That's gotta be historically easy.

But it isn't really...even by the info in the link he shared.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:lol:

Didn't even see it.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:39 am 

RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Well it will be by Saturday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/03/michigan_might_have_least_daun.amp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:04 am 

Oh and shakes bragging about picking 2 1 seeds to the F4 is hilarious. How did you make such a tough call?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2018/03/michigan_might_have_least_daun.amp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:08 am 

tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:16 am 

tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Not really.

What I said was that Michigan got one of the easiest paths in tournament history. If with a win on Saturday they get the easiest path in tournament history then I think it was fair that the four games prior to that would be one of the easiest paths in tournament history regardless of if they win or lose. Doesn't that make sense?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 am 

Quote:
There is no such thing as an easy path to the national championship, or even to the Elite Eight.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:25 am 

RFDC wrote:
Quote:
There is no such thing as an easy path to the national championship, or even to the Elite Eight.
Aren't you the guy who was talking about the tough draw that Purdue got?

There are easier and tougher paths in the tournament. It's ok to keep that into perspective. It doesn't mean it isn't impressive what they did.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:38 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Quote:
Aren't you the guy who was talking about the tough draw that Purdue got?

There are easier and tougher paths in the tournament. It's ok to keep that into perspective. It doesn't mean it isn't impressive what they did.

Just quoting something from your own article that I found interesting.

I agree there are easier and tougher paths. I have completely kept that in perspective.

Again, I am fine with saying their path has not been hard, but to call it one of the easiest in tournament history is bad, and the stuff you link doesn't help your case.

I get your frustrated about Purdue this season, but maybe time to start pretending to not be a Sox fan and let the NCAA tournament go for awhile.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next