It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: NCAA Tourney
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Selection Sunday. Jay Bilas is already fired up.

Post subject: Re: NCAA Tourney
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:24 pm 

Oklahoma being in is a huge travesty.

Loyola a 11 seed. Great spot for them

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:
Oklahoma being in is a huge travesty.

Loyola a 11 seed. Great spot for them

Playing Miami Fl. on Thursday

Not a fan of the new selection show

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:32 pm 

why in the hell is it on TBS...took me forever to find it

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
TBS turned it into a godzilla movie. The audio is lagged 10 sec behind the video.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:40 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
TBS turned it into a godzilla movie. The audio is lagged 10 sec behind the video.

Yeah that was bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:46 pm 

So Syracuse was the last team in, yet lost to both ND and St Bonv who were in the last 4 out?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:49 pm 

At least Barkley's giving him shit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:50 pm 

RFDC wrote:
So Syracuse was the last team in, yet lost to both ND and St Bonv who were in the last 4 out?

And Oklahoma gets a #10 seed. Should have been in a play-in game at best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:53 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yeah that was a joke.

Dolphin is lucky Loyola won their tourney. No way they would have gotten in.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:55 pm 

Purdue is one and done.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:01 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Purdue is one and done.

Yup.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Purdue got the #2 seed they were promised a week ago, but they don't deserve it.

What it comes down to is the committee values games played in November just as much as they value games played in the past month which, IMO, is ridiculous. More weight should be given to how teams are playing now.

Also the quadrant system is idiotic. Any system that says a win on the road vs the #75 team in the country is worth the same as a home win vs a top 5 team is clearly broken.

I really like Virginia, but they got screwed. #1 overall seed and they get stuck in the top half of their bracket with Arizona and Kentucky, two teams better than any team in the bottom half of that same bracket.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:05 pm 

shakes wrote:
Purdue got the #2 seed they were promised a week ago, but they don't deserve it.

What it comes down to is the committee values games played in November just as much as they value games played in the past month which, IMO, is ridiculous. More weight should be given to how teams are playing now.

Also the quadrant system is idiotic. Any system that says a win on the road vs the #75 team in the country is worth the same as a home win vs a top 5 team is clearly broken.

I really like Virginia, but they got screwed. #1 overall seed and they get stuck in the top half of their bracket with Arizona and Kentucky, two teams better than any team in the bottom half of that same bracket.

You mad?

The conference tournaments aren't good at predicting NCAA success. That's why they are treated like normal games.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:

You mad?

The conference tournaments aren't good at predicting NCAA success. That's why they are treated like normal games.

Not mad, but not happy with some of the seeds and match ups.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:55 pm 

I take it back, I am mad, actually furious about the bracket. No one watches more CBB than me and that's not hyperbole. There is literally no one out there who watches more CBB than me. I DVR 20 games on any given Saturday, not to mention all the games I DVR during the week. Basically if there's a good game on ESPN, FOX, CBS, SEC, BIG10, FS1, FS2 or any other channel I record it and watch it. With my creative fast forwarding I can watch a CBB game in 30 minutes.

I'm heavily invested emotionally in this season and to see the committee do such a terrible job with seeding disgusts me. I fell in love with Virginia this year, love watching them play. To see them get completely fucked as the #1 overall seed is beyond disgusting. Having to face either Kentucky or Arizona in the sweet 16 is beyond ridiculous. Kansas, the #3 overall seed gets either Auburn or Clemson in that same sweet 16, two teams that have key late season injuries and are shadows of their former selves. Auburn is below .500 the past few weeks. Pathetic. They should've been a 6 seed at best, but the stupid quadrant system has them at a #4.

MSU as a #3 is a joke as well, no reason then should be playing Duke in the sweet 16. Those are both #2 seeds.

so yea, I am mad and have a right to be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
shakes wrote:
I take it back, I am mad, actually furious about the bracket. No one watches more CBB than me and that's not hyperbole. There is literally no one out there who watches more CBB than me. I DVR 20 games on any given Saturday, not to mention all the games I DVR during the week. Basically if there's a good game on ESPN, FOX, CBS, SEC, BIG10, FS1, FS2 or any other channel I record it and watch it. With my creative fast forwarding I can watch a CBB game in 30 minutes.

I'm heavily invested emotionally in this season and to see the committee do such a terrible job with seeding disgusts me. I fell in love with Virginia this year, love watching them play. To see them get completely fucked as the #1 overall seed is beyond disgusting. Having to face either Kentucky or Arizona in the sweet 16 is beyond ridiculous. Kansas, the #3 overall seed gets either Auburn or Clemson in that same sweet 16, two teams that have key late season injuries and are shadows of their former selves. Auburn is below .500 the past few weeks. Pathetic. They should've been a 6 seed at best, but the stupid quadrant system has them at a #4.

MSU as a #3 is a joke as well, no reason then should be playing Duke in the sweet 16. Those are both #2 seeds.

Kentucky sucks. Kansas may lose to the 16 seed. Virginia will be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Shakes bringing the fire and passion

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:11 pm 

shakes wrote:

Virginia got screwed. MSU had a horrible resume, but Cincinnati did also. That's why they were both very close.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
As the recipient of grave threats via the cyclonefanatic.com forums over the last several months for merely suggesting that Iowa State may have been better off promoting TJ Otzelberger than hiring Steve Prohm, I really need South Dakota St. & their Hoiball to come through vs. Ohio St. They do seem to be the fashionable 5/12 pick.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 pm 

DannyB wrote:
As the recipient of grave threats via the cyclonefanatic.com forums over the last several months for merely suggesting that Iowa State may have been better off promoting TJ Otzelberger than hiring Steve Prohm, I really need South Dakota St. & their Hoiball to come through vs. Ohio St. They do seem to be the fashionable 5/12 pick.

Murray State. Mark my words.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:04 pm 

Now I know why brick is such a Bernsie fan. Bernsies kid has Purdue winning the entire tournament....beating Mizzou in the championship game :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:03 am 

RFDC wrote:
Now I know why brick is such a Bernsie fan. Bernsies kid has Purdue winning the entire tournament....beating Mizzou in the championship game :lol:

That's funny. WVU-Purdue is a good pick though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 pm 

as a bandwagon UVA fan, I'm devastated by the news today. :(

Can they do what Oregon did last year and still make the final 4? I don't know, Hunter was a big part of their offense, gave them a guy who could create his own shot and knock down the 3.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm 

Trae Young trying to bring the Sooners back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Trae Young trying to bring the Sooners back.

It's a helluva thing to watch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:19 pm 

Rhode Island missed a putback at buzzer, going to OT.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I'm pretty conflicted about this one just because I really like Young but I hate that the Sooners got in at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:

And the kids that missed the putback was laying on his back smiling in disbelief. Sports CAN be fun I guess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Regular Reader wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

And the kids that missed the putback was laying on his back smiling in disbelief. Sports CAN be fun I guess

That was a fun sequence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next