It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: NCAA Tourney
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 am 

RFDC wrote:
Again, I am fine with saying their path has not been hard, but to call it one of the easiest in tournament history is bad, and the stuff you link doesn't help your case.
But it was. I understand you are being stubborn but playing a 6 seed and above to get to the Final Four is one of the easiest paths in tournament history especially as a 3 seed. The links I posted were to show that they had a run very similar to many of those teams and easier than many of those on the list. You keep on acting like I said they had the easiest path to the Final Four. I did not.

RFDC wrote:
I get your frustrated about Purdue this season, but maybe time to start pretending to not be a Sox fan and let the NCAA tournament go for awhile.
I'm not frustrated. I'm disappointed for sure because we'll never know what they could have done.

But, if you really want to go there, then when do you think IU passes Purdue? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 am 

:lol:

You calling anyone stubborn is hilarious Brick.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:53 am 

RFDC wrote:

You are clearly being stubborn here. I provided a link that showed that Michigan is on a historically easy run if you count the next game, and a list of teams that had historically easy runs that Michigan would be right there among it and you won't admit that my thought that Michigan has had one of the easiest runs to the Final Four is at least a defensible position.

Since you brought up Purdue though, when does IU pass Purdue? Maybe I'm not the one who is frustrated. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You are clearly being stubborn here. I provided a link that showed that Michigan is on a historically easy run if you count the next game, and a list of teams that had historically easy runs that Michigan would be right there among it and you won't admit that my thought that Michigan has had one of the easiest runs to the Final Four is at least a defensible position.

Since you brought up Purdue though, when does IU pass Purdue? Maybe I'm not the one who is frustrated. :lol:

:lol: Thats what I love about you Brick, keep swinging man. Michigan's number wasn't even on the page of ones listed. It wasn't right there among them.

I am not frustrated about IU basketball at all right now. I am happy with Archie. I think he has done a really good job so far. Next year will be a very telling year for him though. I don't know when IU will pass Purdue. If (and that is a huge if) they land Romeo it maybe sooner than you think.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 am 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: Thats what I love about you Brick, keep swinging man. Michigan's number wasn't even on the page of ones listed. It wasn't right there among them.
This is why you are being stubborn. I said they had a similar path to many of those teams.

Michigan was 14, 6, 7,9.
Ohio State was 15,10,6,9
Indiana was 16, 8, 5,10

You don't think those look similar?

RFDC wrote:
I am not frustrated about IU basketball at all right now. I am happy with Archie. I think he has done a really good job so far. Next year will be a very telling year for him though. I don't know when IU will pass Purdue. If (and that is a huge if) they land Romeo it maybe sooner than you think.
Why do you think I was frustrated about Purdue then?

I mean, I wouldn't exactly be talking about frustration in basketball when my team didn't even make the NIT.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Oh and shakes bragging about picking 2 1 seeds to the F4 is hilarious. How did you make such a tough call?

you mean how did I manage to figure out which of the 4 #1 seeds was going to advance? I credit it to a year's worth of religiously watching and following college basketball. Picking Kansas was tough since they weren't even one of the top 2 favorites in their own region, but in the end I knew what I was doing.

Picking Michigan was a great pick. Knew they were final four quality and should've been seeded higher.

Was wrong on Kentucky, but at least they made it to the sweet 16 which is more than I can say for the top 4 seeds in that region.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:28 am 

Brick has gone full genius in this thread.

His reliance on seeds to determine who has had an easy run to the final four is about as flawed an argument as one can make.

I, as well as the tournament, have already proven that the committee did a terrible job seeding the tournament.

Brick, you picked an odd and tiny hill to die on, good luck with that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:34 am 

shakes wrote:
His reliance on seeds to determine who has had an easy run to the final four is about as flawed an argument as one can make.
It's a better way to look at it than "shakes says".

shakes wrote:
I, as well as the tournament, have already proven that the committee did a terrible job seeding the tournament.
Do you need me to bump your thoughts on Virginia, and Arizona? What about how you thought MSU deserved better than a 3 seed and yet they lost to an 11 seed?

You are coming off as a guy that brags about all the bets he wins without mentioning the losses. That doesn't even get into your year long love affair with Trae Young.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:05 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
shakes wrote:
It's a better way to look at it than "shakes says".

shakes wrote:
Do you need me to bump your thoughts on Virginia, and Arizona? What about how you thought MSU deserved better than a 3 seed and yet they lost to an 11 seed?

You are coming off as a guy that brags about all the bets he wins without mentioning the losses. That doesn't even get into your year long love affair with Trae Young.

My thoughts on Virginia and Arizona? WTF are you talking about? In the end I took Kentucky over both of them. Also, its about as fair to evaluate Virginia without Hunter as it is to evaluate Purdue without Haas.

MSU did deserve better than a 3 seed. Losing to a lesser seed during a year when the top 5 teams in the country lost to more unranked teams than any other year in history is not indicitave of bad seeding, its indicative of the parity that exists this year in CBB.

Trae Young is going to be a lottery pick. Before the season he wasn't even considered a one and done option. He also is the first person to lead the NCAA in scoring and assists. Yea, I Feel real bad about hyping him up all year. FYI I was also the first person ANYWHERE to say that Oklahoma didn't deserve to be in the tournament. I was saying that in January, at least a month before anyone else was even whispering about it.

You should really just give up. You're getting schooled left and right here. You should stick to the pretend tournament for losers that you run on this site.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:45 am 

shakes wrote:
My thoughts on Virginia and Arizona? WTF are you talking about? In the end I took Kentucky over both of them. Also, its about as fair to evaluate Virginia without Hunter as it is to evaluate Purdue without Haas.
Not even close on Hunter vs. Haas.

You loved Virginia and Arizona in this very thread. Those teams failed hard in the tournament. Was the committee wrong in seeding them so high?

shakes wrote:
MSU did deserve better than a 3 seed. Losing to a lesser seed during a year when the top 5 teams in the country lost to more unranked teams than any other year in history is not indicitave of bad seeding, its indicative of the parity that exists this year in CBB.
Your point seems to be you knew more than the committee. So, MSU was overseeded by them given the results if you are going to use Michigan as an example of a team that proved they should have been higher(by beating no higher than a 6 seed)

shakes wrote:
Trae Young is going to be a lottery pick. Before the season he wasn't even considered a one and done option. He also is the first person to lead the NCAA in scoring and assists. Yea, I Feel real bad about hyping him up all year. FYI I was also the first person ANYWHERE to say that Oklahoma didn't deserve to be in the tournament. I was saying that in January, at least a month before anyone else was even whispering about it.
People were telling you all along his stats were overrated and then his team crashed and you think you were the first to say they didn't belong when literally they were a bubble team for at least 3 weeks.

As I said, you are the guy who brags about the bets he won and ignores the bets he lost.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:10 pm 

you're a genius brick. Nothing you said in that last post makes any sense nor requires a response. You've entered LTG territory of pure idiocy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:19 pm 

shakes wrote:
you're a genius brick. Nothing you said in that last post makes any sense nor requires a response. You've entered LTG territory of pure idiocy.
Ok, I'll let you get back to bragging you made one good F4 pick and then went with the favorite in two other regions!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:09 pm 

And I'll let you go back to making shit up or talking out of your ass such as stating that I expressed so much love for Virginia and Arizona in this thread. All lies especially since I had both of them losing early in the tournament. Also, liking Virginia pre-hunter injury is a lot different than liking them post injury.

and FYI, of all the one and dones in this tournament, who had the best tournament? Bagley had his ups and downs, same with Carter. Ayton was nothing special. JJJ was invisible. Bamba a no show. Porter, obviously not close to 100%. Sexton? More like Mehxton. SGA, played great till the last game when he was bad. Knox, pretty useless throughout save for one good second half Trae Young? Nearly single handed carried his team of shitbags to victory over a better team in OT.

Not sure why you think me hyping up Trae Young is somehow some sort of laugable position to have. Guy should win the Wooden Award. He won't, but he should win it. No one else has to play 1v5 every single game. Would love to see how his competition does without other future NBA players to lean on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:26 pm 

shakes wrote:
And I'll let you go back to making shit up or talking out of your ass such as stating that I expressed so much love for Virginia and Arizona in this thread. All lies especially since I had both of them losing early in the tournament. Also, liking Virginia pre-hunter injury is a lot different than liking them post injury.
You posted about Virginia after the injury and said it made you question if they could make the Final Four without him. They had the most embarrassing loss in tournament history(I hope that's ok to say). You whined about how unfair it was that Virginia would have to play Arizona or Kentucky. Kentucky lost to a mediocre KSU team, and Arizona got smoked in the first round by Buffalo.

This is all to simply point out that you are cherry picking your successes while ignoring your failures. If you weren't so cocky about it then it would be different but you literally said you know more than any of us, the NCAA tournament committee, and presumably just about everyone on the planet but that's just me assuming.

shakes wrote:
and FYI, of all the one and dones in this tournament, who had the best tournament? Bagley had his ups and downs, same with Carter. Ayton was nothing special. JJJ was invisible. Bamba a no show. Porter, obviously not close to 100%. Sexton? More like Mehxton. SGA, played great till the last game when he was bad. Knox, pretty useless throughout save for one good second half Trae Young? Nearly single handed carried his team of shitbags to victory over a better team in OT.

Not sure why you think me hyping up Trae Young is somehow some sort of laugable position to have. Guy should win the Wooden Award. He won't, but he should win it. No one else has to play 1v5 every single game. Would love to see how his competition does without other future NBA players to lean on.
When you started hyping Young he was playing well on a top 10 team. He fell way off and started actively hurting his team in many games, fell down to a bubble team you didn't even think should have made the tournament, and now you want to blame his teammates for being so poor they went 4-12 to end the season.

He'll be a very good NBA player I'm sure but I can't imagine you think it was worthy to hype a guy at the college level who would go on to have such a pitiful last month of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
brick is really mad that michigan is still in this thing and purdon't isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:35 pm 

hnd wrote:
brick is really mad that michigan is still in this thing and purdon't isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Love those Kansas uniforms.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:07 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:

I am sorry sir, but love and Kansas should never be used in the same sentence. Please see yourself out

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

I am sorry sir, but love and Kansas should never be used in the same sentence. Please see yourself out

Forgot about the bad blood between Missouri and Kansas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:29 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Forgot about the bad blood between Missouri and Kansas

Great game! :D

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Kansas basically played 'Nova to a draw after falling behind 22-4....Michigan's defense is supposedly tops in shutting down the 3 pt shot. Nova looks unstoppable but if Michigan can avoid getting down early the way Kansas did (and hit some shots themselves) they might have an outside chance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Michigan is too inconsistent offensively. Nova running away.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:10 pm 

I'd take that Bama PG Colin Sexton before Trae Young.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 pm 

Bovada initial line:

Mich +7 (-115) / +250
Nova -7 (-105) / -300

145 O/U

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:40 pm 

Under, under, under

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:59 am 

From the start I had Nova over Michigan in this game. No reason to change the prediction now.

Looking forward to seeing local kid Brunson get his 2nd.

That said, if Michigan won I would be very happy for their coach, he's gotta be the best coach in the country who hasn't won one yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
RFDC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

What about 'I love that I'm leaving Kansas forever'?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:04 pm 

Apparently this game is DiVencio vs Michigan....Jalen Brunsen--and the rest of Nova--about useless except for the occasional 3.

Last edited by Hussra on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:05 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Apparently this game is DiVencio vs Michigan....Jaleen Brunsen about useless except for the occasional 3.

It's ovah.

Brunson won't be able to just out muscle people in the Association.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next